Nudie Jeans

arcanum

thats ridic those should have lost more indigo just in all those washes never mind the months of wear

They're pretty washed out lookin' to me. They were waaay darker at first. Also, those jeans are notorious for fading slowly, so that's probably a big part of why they're still pretty black.

i'd be lying if i said i didn't prefer the fit of my slim jims to the fit of my flat heads, imo the slim jim true to size is perfect on me, and i love my slim jim dry black coateds,

i've got about 8 pairs of nudies, one slim jim dry greycast sized up with a years wear and 1 wash, which i have just got into wearing again because i wasn't happy with the amount of indego lost and small fading.

i've got a pair of true size grim tims that i wear religiously for nights out aswell, and a brand new pair of slim jim dry japans true to size because i love the fit.. too many nudies and not enough time to wear them all.

my flatheads are my jean of choice though, because i love the denim and the fades i'm getting..

glad there is a nudie thread though :)

anyone know where to cop dry comfort tight long john indigo?

(the dry ones with blue stitching)

(for cheap)

August is a great store that I got Nudie MASA's for $50 at, but I dunno if they ship at all.

what I meant was...

maybe he carries a cellphone around and for convenience's sake, just kept it in his front pocket. What would definitely be contrived would be something like people trying to get fades from snapple caps in their pockets and the like

who the fuck needs to carry a snapple cap around

I don't mean to hijack this thread but can anyone give me some quick advice on Nudie jeans. Specifically I don't know what cut to get. I don't want bootcut because I have too many boot cut jeans..so no ralf/glens....I am looking towards slim jeans..but I am sorta a bulky guy..I play college sports (None of the stores here in Calgary, Canada seem to carry the Even stevens, Slim Jims, or Grim Trims for me to try on. I want to buy from selfedge.com but I'm very weary of buying a pair of jeans that dont fit + the hassle of the return etc..)

Here are my measurements I just took with my tape

5"10 and 185LBS, built but not ogre size. But muscular legs...

Circumference of thigh at below crotch line

24 inches / 61 CM

Biggest part of calf circumference : 17 inches / 43 CM

Measured waist : 34.5 inches

I have previously bought APC New standards Tagged W33 L34 (These felt good overall, not really tight in legs or anything)

Sugarcane 1947 lee repro's Tagged W33 L32 (Felt tight around waist and they shrunk way too much after the wash..can't wear em now due to waist suffocation =P )

(Don't kill me..I got these cheap..) WESC Jap 13.5 oz Dry Selvage Standard cut jeans (They are slightly more baggier than a pair of Levi 501's) These suck..they fade nice but I've had em for 8 months and they have minimal fading..probably due to the baggyness.

So I was thinking Slim Jim...or Even Stevens..or Grim Trims...just something slim but not skin tight.. Suggestions for sizing in the respective jeans? I know Nudie's run bigger than the waist but after wash they shrink back. But does anyone know how well they stretch? Oh and I don't want to wear em low..I crotch ripped my APC's that way.. lol.

I also remember I put on a 35 tagged Thinn Finn in a store ( I am not sure but it was a Nudie jean and it was DEAD SKINNY ) I thinkk I almost ripped the jean apart when I was about to do the squat test...and it just looked horrible ( I have muscular legs). Reason why I don't want bootcut too - is that I am a sneakerhead and I love to stuff my jeans into my sneakers and flare out the tongue haha.. THANKS IF anyone replies.

( I know the majority of SuFu is keen on Jap denim but me and some friends are starting a nudie only contest..so I gotta grab a pair of nudies ...)

backwasher:

fwiw, i think given your measurements, and what you're looking for in terms of fit, a nice slim--not skinny--fitting nudie might be the average joe. i'm 5' 11" and 195, and have them in dry heavy 33x34 and really like the way they fit, like them quite a bit more than my slim jim dry black 34x34. they have less taper than apc ns (which i have in 32, and have stretched out larger than the average joes). also, they are looser in the waist than my sugar cane 1947 hard wash for reference...

i too really like the fit of nudies, and so continue to wear them despite their increasing trendiness...it just means better deals on them on supermarket!

I don't mean to hijack this thread but can anyone give me some quick advice on Nudie jeans. Specifically I don't know what cut to get. I don't want bootcut because I have too many boot cut jeans..so no ralf/glens....I am looking towards slim jeans..but I am sorta a bulky guy..I play college sports (None of the stores here in Calgary, Canada seem to carry the Even stevens, Slim Jims, or Grim Trims for me to try on. I want to buy from selfedge.com but I'm very weary of buying a pair of jeans that dont fit + the hassle of the return etc..)

Here are my measurements I just took with my tape

5"10 and 185LBS, built but not ogre size. But muscular legs...

Circumference of thigh at below crotch line

24 inches / 61 CM

Biggest part of calf circumference : 17 inches / 43 CM

Measured waist : 34.5 inches

I have previously bought APC New standards Tagged W33 L34 (These felt good overall, not really tight in legs or anything)

Sugarcane 1947 lee repro's Tagged W33 L32 (Felt tight around waist and they shrunk way too much after the wash..can't wear em now due to waist suffocation =P )

(Don't kill me..I got these cheap..) WESC Jap 13.5 oz Dry Selvage Standard cut jeans (They are slightly more baggier than a pair of Levi 501's) These suck..they fade nice but I've had em for 8 months and they have minimal fading..probably due to the baggyness.

So I was thinking Slim Jim...or Even Stevens..or Grim Trims...just something slim but not skin tight.. Suggestions for sizing in the respective jeans? I know Nudie's run bigger than the waist but after wash they shrink back. But does anyone know how well they stretch? Oh and I don't want to wear em low..I crotch ripped my APC's that way.. lol.

I also remember I put on a 35 tagged Thinn Finn in a store ( I am not sure but it was a Nudie jean and it was DEAD SKINNY ) I thinkk I almost ripped the jean apart when I was about to do the squat test...and it just looked horrible ( I have muscular legs). Reason why I don't want bootcut too - is that I am a sneakerhead and I love to stuff my jeans into my sneakers and flare out the tongue haha.. THANKS IF anyone replies.

( I know the majority of SuFu is keen on Jap denim but me and some friends are starting a nudie only contest..so I gotta grab a pair of nudies ...)

I have many Nudie Jeans. I'm 6"3 200lbs and cycle a lot in the summer. I wear a waist size 36 in all Nudie jeans. The Slim Jims are a nice cut that is not too tight in the leg opening. Most of the Slim Jim's are 100% cotton. The Thin Finns on the other hand usually have 2% stretch in them. With that I find the Thin Finns can be more comfortable in the thigh area compared to the Slim Jims. The Thin Finns are tighter though in the leg opening and have the low yoke style in the back. Both stretch with wear. I alternated between a few pairs and never washed or soaked either for over a year. Both style stretched in the waist. After washing my Thin Finns have shortened up quite bit in the length. The waist also shrunk but has now started to stretch again.