Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

i dont think its possible to be mistreated by self edge.  but i understand the disappointment.  in this day and age one shouldnt be able to check out and pay for a product unless its physically earmarked for you, but alas, im sure thats an issue places like Self Edge deal with often.  I know of other online outfits that this kind of thing happens and its never pleasant for anyone involved.  

^lol damn kiya...I remember back in the day, sweaty palms, hitting reload over and over on my browser for the SExFH05's ahahaha good times...Hope we can all understand that limited jeans are limited, and Roy is indeed just one man!

I'm not sure exactly what else you want me to do outside of driving to Roy's studio and trying to make a fucked up version of his jean in a size 30.

If this goes down, I wanna see video. Edited by Al6ert

FYI, that was a prototype unfinished pair of jeans somebody got for free from a past Denimbruin event in Oakland. 

I have had anything but bad interactions with Roy and SE. I bought the first Ducks he came out with (which was his first product from memory) and a girl ended up pulling my pants off too quickly (yes, :-D ) and ripped the crotch. Contacted Kiya and sent them down the next day. Roy got them fixed in no time and sent an embroidered sorry note too. Kiya payed for shipping both ways. Another reason I am an SE customer for life. Granted, I contacted them nicely...

looking good quoise1203. lately i've seen a few pairs of RS04 and other Roys coming through the store with several years of wear that are looking amazing. his jeans definitely get even better when you take the time to wear them in. 

OHHHHHHH SHITTTTTT!!!  That denim is so filthy good.  Also a huge fan of the puckering on the backpockets due largely to the lining.  Such a rad subtle thing.

Is it true that the RS04 has the same denim as the recent KS1002 Kinda Special?  I ask because those faded RS04's are so blue while the KS1002 has a more muted look.  Is this just related to wear and washing over time?

John

Is it true that the RS04 has the same denim as the recent KS1002 Kinda Special?  I ask because those faded RS04's are so blue while the KS1002 has a more muted look.  Is this just related to wear and washing over time?

John

John,

The Roy Cone Special Project has a muted, or lighter/grayer blue hue to it in it's unsoaked/washed state but as it shrinks up, less weft is visible through warp, and the depth of the blue becomes significantly more pronounced.