• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mlproject

mlproject

postwhore

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • joined 22 january 06
  • talents:track bikes, design, architectural futures, violent/misunderstood subcultures, hand lettering

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:31 AM

i'm moving to NYC in june and wanted to get some advice on neighborhoods. i'm looking in brooklyn because i can't afford the village or LES, plus i'd like more space and have been seeing lofts on craigslist in the 1600 sq ft range. this would allow me studio space and my roommate room for his immense record collection/dj equipment.

williamsburg is an obvious first choice being a stone's throw from manhattan making my commute short, but i will trade out that for cheaper rent or more space.

what other bk neighborhoods do you recommend that aren't total shitholes? i've been seeing a lot of nice property listed for clinton hill, but don't know the area. i'm not really too concerned with living in a "cool" area. my only requirements are on a line (NOT the G) and not an area where i'll have to be worried about dodgy characters all the time.

i'm also starting to look for design and production positions at magazines or design houses... any of you have any leads? worth a shot.
Edited by mlproject on Mar 15, 2006 at 06:33 PM
TUMBLR ||| U BUY! U BUY! MLP OFFICIAL GARAGE SALE THREAD -- [temporarily closed]

#2 azad

azad

superbored

• Pip
  • 470 posts
  • joined 22 february 06

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:38 AM

hmm, the coastal invasion continues. if you are a trendy yuppie, stay around park slope and williamsburg. clinton hill is the next area in the process of gentrification.

nah just playing man. i really shouldnt judge you like that. but youll fast see my reason for suspicion.

toma açaí
Edited by azad on Mar 15, 2006 at 06:44 PM
Posted Image

#3 mlproject

mlproject

postwhore

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • joined 22 january 06
  • talents:track bikes, design, architectural futures, violent/misunderstood subcultures, hand lettering

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:52 AM

i'm moving up there because for what i want to do with my career, its the only place to be.

i'm not moving up for image, so i'm looking for a place that fits my needs (space + reasonable $ + near transportation).
TUMBLR ||| U BUY! U BUY! MLP OFFICIAL GARAGE SALE THREAD -- [temporarily closed]

#4 azad

azad

superbored

• Pip
  • 470 posts
  • joined 22 february 06

Posted 16 March 2006 - 02:12 AM

check out astoria as well
toma açaí
Posted Image

#5 Ryan

Ryan

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,617 posts
  • joined 22 january 05

Posted 16 March 2006 - 08:12 AM

^ astoria seems to becoming more and more popular. a bit out there but i think it might be worth it for the extra bit of quiet that you get..if you even get it. just go a little further east on the L, into bushwick. montrose ave stop is decent..

#6 darkanimal

darkanimal

superjunkie2K

• PipPip
  • 2,809 posts
  • joined 20 january 05
  • biography:instagram: @darkanimalnyc @darkelephanttattoos

Posted 16 March 2006 - 04:34 PM

Astoria is a more quiet and peaceful and clean neighborhood imo. Good spaces and affordable. The only bitch is if you go out and party every night downtown, it takes you longer to get home. More creative types are slowly migrating there which means some East Villagy looking bars and restos popping up. I would recommend it if you're looking for a more laid back slow lifestyle.

IMO, one of your worst outfits. You look like an andrognous fat gym teacher, those shorts are blech.

NYC contestant #13
Monster Sale!!! Cloak, RAF, Dior, N(N), more!!!