map :: london :: soho

sufu1

while not trying to be pedantic [i have nothing but high praise for your work!]

...but isn't calling this map 'soho' somewhat of a misnomer?

it's focused on holborn/covent garden/the strand [i.e. the WC2 postal district] more than soho/mayfair [i.e. W1]

Edited by jaredryan on Dec 9, 2004 at 06:23 AM

a bit more populated...

is this too cartographically incorrect? otherwise we can do as kiteless recomends and make it distinctly soho zone...ie regent st/oxford st/charing x rd/shaftsbury av...

besides...superfuture cartography has never been particularly proper and making maps of london by tim in shanghai via me in sydney and tokyo via ichat via supertalk is definitely not how they teach you to do it at map skool...

coventgarden.gif

a bit more populated...

is this too cartographically incorrect? otherwise we can do as kiteless recomends and make it distinctly soho zone...ie regent st/oxford st/charing x rd/shaftsbury av...

besides...superfuture cartography has never been particularly proper and making maps of london by tim in shanghai via me in sydney and tokyo via ichat via supertalk is definitely not how they teach you to do it at map skool...

coventgarden.gif

--------------------------

superslave1

http://superfuture.com

This map would be better described as Covent Garden (or Theatre land for the aged in tourist busses), perhaps one of the best places for fashion/high street shopping anyway. and still there's a lot missing, i could work the maps in greater detail if necessary...

Soho is small but pretty crammed so I'd doubt you could fit everything onto it in the same scale. if you are of differing opinion, you could extend Soho to cover Bond St, Savile Row, Dover St, South Molton St.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...