Greece?

d

I'll try to make some suggestions since I have been in Mykonos and Sanrorini many times and I live and work in Athens. First of all I have to tell you that May is probably the best month to visit Greece, sunny and warm weather but not too hot. I don't know if you have in mind to visit all the classic ancient sites but a nice morning walk up to the Acropolis/Parthenon and the near Plaka district is essential. Nightlife in Athens during May is divided in two districts: Center (Kolonaki, Psiri and Gazi) I prefer Gazi since Psiri is very crowded but sometimes fun and the South Coast line of Athens (Glyfada, Voula, Varkiza) where all the big summer clubs and restaurants are located.

Mykonos:

Famous for: The nightlife, full of celebrities, strong gay scene, many beautiful beaches, very windy, expensive. Basically is the Island that is center of Greece during the summer months. Nammos it's my favourite place located at Psarou Beach. Excelent restaurant nice atmosphere, Psarou beach is crowded and sometimes very "exclusive" but Nammos is place you have to visit at least one time.

Santorini:

Excelent and unique island. Not so great on beaches, famous for the romantic Oia sunset, the Volcano (small island), great wine, nice restaurants and romantic bars.

I'll to collect more info and post it soon....

greece is dope, but not really for streetwear shopping. just go there any enjoy what they have to offer. athens is very nice, great graffiti, wonderful little coffeeshops, amazing food. how long do you have there?

toma açaí

I think your idea for Honeymoon in Greece during May is perfect. May is just the right month, not too hot or crowdy. I don't what your plans are but I suggest not to spend more than 3 days in Athens. The night life is divided between the city centre (Kolonaki-Psiri-Gazi) and the south coast line of the city (Glyfada-Voula-Vouliagmenh). If you plan to visit the city center it's better to choose the Gazi district for drinks and food (Mamacas Restaurant, nice modern greek tavern + bar), Psiri is overcrowded but sometimes its fun for a night walk, kolonaki is the place with many cafes/restaurants around the square and full of designers shops (LV, Gucci, etc.), the Sotris shop (collections from: Prada, Marni, Y3) and Free Shop (Comme de Garcons, APC, etc.). Not much on street/sneaker fashion thing...actually nothing.

Most of the 'big' clubs are located south....most of them are too mainstream but they have excelent view to the sea...(Balux, Bocca,Passa,Galea) all at Glyfada district.

Mykonos: Nightlife, Celebrities, Rich People, Famous People, People trying to be rich and famous, Strong Gay Scene, Great Beaches, Expensive, Overcrowded during July-August. I like this place, I have spend excelent holidays there. I can't say that is a romantic place more a partyisland.Visit Psarou beach and Nammos restaurant...probably my favourite place on the Island, great food and atmosphere. Seasatin restaurant near Myconos harbour great for fish. For drinks choose El Pecado.

Santorini: Really great island. It has unique character and colors because of the ancient volcano....not so great on beaches...but you will have a nice romantic time in Oia looking at the sunset. If you prefer quite, romantic atmosphere stay at Santorini most of the days....

I hope all these to help....

Quote:

greece is dope, but not really for streetwear shopping. just go there any enjoy what they have to offer. athens is very nice, great graffiti, wonderful little coffeeshops, amazing food. how long do you have there?

--- Original message by azad on Mar 15, 2006 11:30 AM

I don't really care so much about streetwear shopping, just in general any suggestions.

I think your idea for Honeymoon in Greece during May is perfect. May is just the right month, not too hot or crowdy. I don't what your plans are but I suggest not to spend more than 3 days in Athens. The night life is divided between the city centre (Kolonaki-Psiri-Gazi) and the south coast line of the city (Glyfada-Voula-Vouliagmenh). If you plan to visit the city center it's better to choose the Gazi district for drinks and food (Mamacas Restaurant, nice modern greek tavern + bar), Psiri is overcrowded but sometimes its fun for a night walk, kolonaki is the place with many cafes/restaurants around the square and full of designers shops (LV, Gucci, etc.), the Sotris shop (collections from: Prada, Marni, Y3) and Free Shop (Comme de Garcons, APC, etc.). Not much on street/sneaker fashion thing...actually nothing.

Most of the 'big' clubs are located south....most of them are too mainstream but they have excelent view to the sea...(Balux, Bocca,Passa,Galea) all at Glyfada district.

Mykonos: Nightlife, Celebrities, Rich People, Famous People, People trying to be rich and famous, Strong Gay Scene, Great Beaches, Expensive, Overcrowded during July-August. I like this place, I have spend excelent holidays there. I can't say that is a romantic place more a partyisland.Visit Psarou beach and Nammos restaurant...probably my favourite place on the Island, great food and atmosphere. Seasatin restaurant near Myconos harbour great for fish. For drinks choose El Pecado.

Santorini: Really great island. It has unique character and colors because of the ancient volcano....not so great on beaches...but you will have a nice romantic time in Oia looking at the sunset. If you prefer quite, romantic atmosphere stay at Santorini most of the days....

I hope all these to help....