Evisu is still loved!

benzak

100% fake mate, red tab lettering and spacing gives it away by a mile. There should be room above the E that's left blank for a start. Lettering way too bold. The arcs stitched like that I've never seen before and that patch is diabolical.

I am JAPAN MADE DENIM mania!
I really like Evisu Genes ( Made In Japan products only)
This month, I showed the Right-on ×Evisu DENIM on web site.
These are a low moderate price.
Those to be further surprised is all made ​​in Japan .
Though cheaper price than buy abroad quality is high .

http://www.evisu-war...se.com/righton/

http://e.right-on.co...evisujeans.aspx

Evisu Sapporo try on report:

No. 1 denim 2001 fit measured below tag size before shrinking on all five pairs I examined. Had to size up three to get a pair where the waist would probably be okay but the leg size was not adjusted for so they were absolutely huge.

No. 2 denim 2001 fit measured above tag size and doesn't shrink at all even with hot drying (speaking from experience)

Best of luck to anybody trying to buy with the current batch. Nothing fit me properly :(

At least half an inch; I couldn't button up my true size at my natural waist. True size in the no. 2 denim measured an inch and half over, pretty decent waistband gap and that's before any potential for the seat to stretch.

Pretty bummed because I thought this was finally my chance to own some of the og painted jeans, but I wasn't gonna take the risk. Even at the current exchange rate and buying in person, a pair of no. 1 denim is around 300 bucks. You can get a lot of really great stuff for under 200 in Japan, usually one wash so there's no guesswork. I'm totally converted to one wash at this point unless I buy another pair of Samurai in the future since I know exactly how those shrink.

Also surprising: the selvage side seam was super tiny, around 1 cm, definitely different from what I've seen in the past.

Edited by Planetarium

Hi everyone! I just got some one-washed no1 2000s off yahoo jp a few days back. Took a couple of pics while splitting wood this afternoon:

PA220161.jpg

Size 31x34, yellow* selvedge and normal no.1 patch in some sorta pebbley leather. Anyone have an idea about when these were released? Thinking about switching them in as my DWC pair..

Edited by chicote

Well, the listing was a bit ambiguous. The person selling them told me that they washed and dried them right side out and ended up with some vertical creasing that they didn't like, then let them sit for a few years without much wear at all. I have no experience with no. 1 denim, but it feels more or less about how, say, my stevensons felt after the first wash and week of wear. What throws me off is that the patch is faded, and the paint is quite worn as well, but there are not really any wear marks of any sort save the creases and a bit of roping. Maybe I'm underestimating the stubbornness of this denim and they do have more wear than it appears.. Ah who knows with these things! :P

Edited by chicote

• 2 weeks later...