Evisu is still loved!

benzak

The Evisu website says that No1 denim shrinks 9cm in the inseam length (from around 83cm raw). That's why most of us are shit out of luck with that denim!

hope theres not 9cm of shrinkage in the inseam or i didnt need to get my hemmed last month. guess well find out of my jeans are going to be too short after I wash them again (wash #4). figured they were done shrinking by now.

Edited by chantheman

hope theres not 9cm of shrinkage in the inseam or i didnt need to get my hemmed last month. guess well find out of my jeans are going to be too short after I wash them again (wash #4). figured they were done shrinking by now.

The red-line No.1 shrinks 3.5" in length, Tigerstrom said he got 8cm from his tiger selvage, if the gatagata No.1 is the same used on the Lot 2011 I had then that lost 2.5" which Gnomes pair of 2000 seems to back up.

I think 2001 for you. I do love my 2000's but I find them I little restricting on the man parts to be an everyday jean.

^What the good man said.

The 2000 cut is a classic cut, but not the classic Evisu cut. Lot 2001 was originally Lot 2501 (see what Yamane did there) and was the standard Evis cut, with the silhouette being used for the 2504 buckleback model too. Pretty certain that the 2000 cut was a later addition, don't think I've seen any Evis 2000s or even early Evisu 2000s.

There's the info I was looking for!

Good to know, I had no idea about the Lot 2501 (I did see what Yamane did there!).

I guess my only concern with the 2001 is it looks a bit baggy in some of the fits I've seen, and the hem looks a bit wide.

But then again I don't really want a fit that's restricting around the man parts either!

Hmm, also good to know. The measurements on the Evisu store don't seem too much bigger now that you mention it.

Just so I've got this right: 2000 is closer to a 60's slim-straight cut, while the 2001 is more of a true straight leg?

These are Evis 'overpants' with no marked Lot number, bought in Daikanyama 2008 I think. I didn't wear them much for a long time, but I've had them on a lot this summer, total probably 6 months. They're tagged 34" but measure more like 40 so I've had to wash them quite frequently to shrink them back so they don't fall off. Hemmed pretty short which I'm enjoying a lot. They're also nice turned up as shorts:

20265711671_0d9102dc14_z.jpg

20259846755_6aee614f2c_z.jpg

20233609456_a533bc89c3_z.jpg

20265718831_56d4317fbe_z.jpg

There's the info I was looking for!

Good to know, I had no idea about the Lot 2501 (I did see what Yamane did there!).

I guess my only concern with the 2001 is it looks a bit baggy in some of the fits I've seen, and the hem looks a bit wide.

But then again I don't really want a fit that's restricting around the man parts either!

Bet you the baggy fits you've seen are No.2 denim and without (much) shrinkage then...

Bet you the baggy fits you've seen are No.2 denim and without (much) shrinkage then...

That's possible, I did a bit more digging through the thread and found some really nice 2001 fits.

Sadly a lot of the photos are gone, but the ones I did find were pretty sweet. Nice straight leg cut.

The red-line No.1 shrinks 3.5" in length, Tigerstrom said he got 8cm from his tiger selvage, if the gatagata No.1 is the same used on the Lot 2011 I had then that lost 2.5" which Gnomes pair of 2000 seems to back up.

i didnt realize that evisu no.1 denim has changed to where it shrinks more now than before. do they still make a silver selvage no.1 denim or is that the old stock?

(toy my knowledge) the No.1 denim changes from year to year (or season to season).

Different selvedge lines, different cast, different percentage in shrinkage

@CTB: when you can make a inseam of 83-86 cm work...pre-wash, well then you can buy from the usual proxies or from denimio.com

(toy my knowledge) the No.1 denim changes from year to year (or season to season).

Different selvedge lines, different cast, different percentage in shrinkage

@CTB: when you can make a inseam of 83-86 cm work...pre-wash, well then you can buy from the usual proxies or from denimio.com

I'd have to lose a bit of leg to make that length work...cheers for the mention of Denimio though, had forgotten the site name. Looking at Fullcounts on there and Evisu on Rakuten, but just accidentally ordered a few Reigning Champ pieces I saw at a very sweet discount on a different site altogether :D

took a few comparison pics of the no.1 and no.2 tiger selvedge 

no.2 on the left        no.1 on the right 

20150810_185823_zpspet7to1w.jpg

20150810_185805_zpsyecgmxcx.jpg

both denims are similar but the no.1 shows a little more slub , the colour of the no.2 is a little more green caste ( dont think i could capture it on camera )but both are very rich 

and a bonus pic of the tiger selvedge

IMG_20150810_190030_zpsaajkhnca.jpg

Edited by Flash