Evisu is still loved!

benzak

'student' jeans were mentioned a while back I think. I've seen them in the JP stores, they're slightly more basic construction, printed gulls, lighter, non-selvage denim. Always assumed they were a Yamane invention, but I just came across these:

15950932009_f6f7c0baef_o.jpg

15949706910_dfee0ccfa3_o.jpg

nothing special, but fills in a gap for me! here's the levi's listing if anyone's interested

I remember 'student fit' levi's in the early 80s (USA). Maybe 83 or so? If i remember correctly, which i may very well not, they were a slimmer variety, the legs seemed long. It is foggy but they also had a lot of STF pre washed (the patches were puckered, and blue apparently from the dye), i cannot correctly remember if the student fit were the same. 

Just some insight from my memories...

• 3 weeks later...

Also while there tried on a pair of the No1 special, 2000 super raw. Just because they were £505 and I thought if anyone was considering buying them, some fit pics would be helpful...

VZhfexp.png

EFok1Wo.png

6aGD7YZ.png

L4hqQ7N.png

These are sized down 2 to a 28".

I had no intention of buying them until I tried them on. Then I found I really like the fit and they were bloody comfortable.... Mrs liked them too which always helps.

Well I'm no tall dude Bobbo, can't say the exact inseam length but they sit similar to my hemmed jeans which are taken down to 33".

Edit: according to UK website the ones I'm wearing are 33.5, larger sizes the inseam is a grand old 34.

Edited by Artisandenim

Thanks mate. No arguments from me re price though.

I seriously only tried them on to get some snaps for this forum (Mrs thought that was well amusing, but fair play to her took the pics anyway) and because the shop was empty and the guy working there was insistent it was cool to waste a bit of time!

The denim itself was amazing, reminded me a bit of Oni secret denim with it's irregularity (but not streakiness), slubby and rough but somehow comfortable as hell.

I was very pleasantly surprised at the fit, didn't expect to like it as much as I did. Construction pretty immaculate too.

If I was ever going to spend that much on denim, these would be the choice, but could I seriously justify it? Not a chance. Mind you, when has that ever been a reason not to purchase?!

will any of the evisu stores in japan paint gulls on preowned jeans? im considering bringing my lot2000's with me that have blank pockets to try and get custom characters written on them if possible

I did this and can confirm they will paint on both worn in jeans as well as new jeans, but they have to be Evisu JP (no Evisu EU). It kind of goes without saying but they do want you to wash them before they paint them if they're worn in, because else the paint doesn't stick properly. Costs ~2100Â¥ I believe. Most stores can't do it on the spot (depends on how busy the artist is at that time) so plan around it if you wanna be sure you can get it done. 

know what the cost is?

Sorry mate, didn't think to ask. No hint on the UK website either.

That place is always empty! 

Nice jeans. Not £500 nice though.

Did you visit anywhere else while you were in town? Rivet & Hide or Son of a Stag?

It wouldn't be the most I had spent on an item of clothing but probably the hardest to justify the cost of!

Had a bit of a busy long weekend, visiting family for xmas dinner (first chance to get down since), tattoo appts, catching up with mates, taking advantage of being in London for early valentines dinner etc. 

That said, first place we went was Rivet & Hide. Love that shop and it helps that it is no more than a 10min walk form our flat.  Picked up some of the womens 3sixteens for the Mrs (drying at the moment will chuck up pics at some stage) to stop her robbing more of mine, and had a good old chat with Junior and Jake. 

I'm on a self imposed denim ban at the moment what with the fc special run (at some stage  ;) ) and the 3sixteen Kibata due march. Proving hard to keep to though....

Didn't make it to the east end on this occasion so no SOAS visit this time. I really like the shop and their range is excellent but don't give it the priority I give to R&H as I am still struggling to justify the level of some of their mark ups. But well, that's a different story and already documented.

I did this and can confirm they will paint on both worn in jeans as well as new jeans, but they have to be Evisu JP (no Evisu EU). It kind of goes without saying but they do want you to wash them before they paint them if they're worn in, because else the paint doesn't stick properly. Costs ~2100Â¥ I believe. Most stores can't do it on the spot (depends on how busy the artist is at that time) so plan around it if you wanna be sure you can get it done. 

thanks. do you know if you can pick the character or is there a stock list of characters/standard gulls

• 4 weeks later...

^tnx man

Very good BM, although you should have taken the photos at XSquare for added impact.

'Took some quick snaps while waiting for JR to KIX__ dint have my tripod, so 'had to prop the cam on the floor & platform bench

Those Evisu x Warehouse fit you rad, Carl!

They use the 1001 denim, right?

Tnx, Tilmann. Yes they're on Memphis, but a tad lighter than the usual 1001 denim__ @round 13oz. They stretched out quite a bit during my travel, 'got them hot soaked when I got back.

• 3 weeks later...

heyho!

does anyone have any experience with Evisus Lot 2000 No. 1 Denim in 17 Oz.?

Getting a Tiger Selvage Lot 2000 No. 1 Denim seems to be a pain in the ass, and Denimio already/still stocks the 17 oz Version:

http://www.denimio.com/evisu-2000-no-1-17ozstraight-fit-denim-egd2000n1017-3827.html

Thing is, are 8cm of shrinkage in the waist for real?
And can I go TTS (as I would do normaly) or should I size up 1, for example?

Cheerio :)

Depends on the denim they use, my last pair with red selvage line shrank 3.5" in the waist and inseam but stretched back out about 1.5", mine are 3 years old and so soft and baggy that I could fit a size down now (I sized up 3).

The tiger selvage denim looks to me like the same used on the Lot 2011 I had which shrank 2" in the waist and inseam but I could be wrong.

You want to size up 2 in general.