Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Hogg gutted for you mate, imo those are sized a tad big for a 34 in no.2 at almost 18" across, I think you got unlucky. Mine are 32 and measure 16.5 after 18 months.

I would happily have bought them if they were my size as I love those rear pockets and a nice sneaky jap tab there too I see.

Good luck with the sale I don't think the price is too bad they should go fairly quickly I'd have thought.

• 3 weeks later...

off topic but 12.5oz denim does nothing in these situations haha

didn't think that 15oz (or whatever the no1 denim is) would be much of a help either, but it held up fine, even after many years of wear. maybe there is something special about japanese selvage denim after all 

• 1 month later...

If Evisu International was still bringing out models like this I would still be buying Evisu. Doesnt have to be exact reproductions, just some of the little quirkiness of Evisu thrown in with some vintage inspiration. I just cant understand why they are doing stuff like Year of the Dragon designs and all the other stuff they've released. Maybe that kind of shit is selling but its gone a totally different path and I have no interest in any of those newer designs. Its a shame really, but at least we have MiJ.

Completely agree, and as for their Private Stock range- £550 is simply ridiculous, especially when they have cheap looking handpainted gulls that look nothing like the MiJ handpainted gulls. Got my old Tokyo blue gulled 2000s on today and had forgotten how great they are- been in Denime for past few months.

Hello all.

Considering using sutocorp as a proxy to purchase a pair of No 1 Special 2000s and have a few questions: 

- Has anyone ever purchased from evisu.jp using the proxy service 

- Are there variations on the size of the gulls?

- Is it possible to have the kanji painted when ordering online like in the attached quote?

Thank You

Retrieved this item from me Mom's place last weekend. Actual arrived nearly a month ago...its a #2000 No.1 with specified left pocket kanji. As for fit pic, maybe will post it in couple of weeks time.

DSC01408.jpg

DSC01424.jpg

No one never bought a pair via proxy from Evisu.jp ;)

Ok seriously, it's the ONLY way to get a pair from evisu.jp if you are not living in Japan or have a Japanese friend who buys it for you. I used SutoCorp for that deal and all went smooth.

The size and style of the arcs changes every few years and as they are handpainted, they will slightly differ from pair to pair...but if you only buy one pair, you will never notice that ;)

It should be possible to get the Kanji...ask the proxy to inquire about that.

No one never bought a pair via proxy from Evisu.jp ;)

Ok seriously, it's the ONLY way to get a pair from evisu.jp if you are not living in Japan or have a Japanese friend who buys it for you. I used SutoCorp for that deal and all went smooth.

The size and style of the arcs changes every few years and as they are handpainted, they will slightly differ from pair to pair...but if you only buy one pair, you will never notice that ;)

It should be possible to get the Kanji...ask the proxy to inquire about that.

Thanks man I really appreciate your reply. I am looking at the sizing on the No 1 Lot 2ooo's and I notice that the inseams come at 83 cm which is 32.7 inches. I am aware of the shrinkage in the No 1 denim. That will be too small for me as I am a 34 inch inseam. How can I purchase at the proper inseam if 32.7 inches is the longest they come, ideally I'd like to purchase them at a 38 inseam to work out the shrinkage and then hem after if necessary.

d9fvbu3cpanl16m8vt0bgsl7u2_evisu-size-ch

Also beautiful_FrEaK would you mind posting some of the most recent evolution of your No 1 and No 2 denim. I would love to see how they look now.

Thank you again (I love this thread btw).

Edited by Malox

The only way you'll get a pair of No.1's in a longer inseam length is if you hit lucky on an older deadstock pair in your size for sale on ebay/yahoo auctions/supermarket/physically instore or wait it out and see if they eventually start producing them in longer inseams again.

These are mine taken back in May this year, they're just starting to bust stitches after nearly 2 years wear

14079713729_6788858081_c.jpg

i will be in osaka this thursday anyone who wants proxy on any evisu pls contact me hand painted and all and i will ship from japan.

i will charge 10 percent of total cost to cover my drinking spree