Sydney - To drive or not to drive?

KALee

It's my first time out to Sydney on a business trip. Just wondering if it is worthwhile and more convenient to rent a car or just cab it around town. I'll be staying in North Sydney. Anything to do there or would I need to cross the bridge everyday to eat, shop and sightsee.

Hey, it seems as if you know Sydney very well, I'll be there for the next two years( actually I'm from Germany) and I hope you can give me a hint what I have to visit in the first week of my Australian trip?(I will start in Sydney) Later I'll stay in Brisbane, maybe you also know this city?!

I'd be glad to hear from you! greetz chrismiss

Hi y'all! This is the first time, I am vistiting such a cool website.(the future must be super:-) Ive got a question: Does anybody know sth. about the fashion scene in Australia? I'll be there(I'm from Germany) for one year or longer and I'd like to work with fashion (store, boutique etc...) Maybe, there's someone with an idea?! greetz chrismiss

Hey chrismiss...Sydney is the smallest 'big-town' in the world!! Where are you staying? What kind of stuff are you into? Are you backpacking or not? Backpacker haven is Bondi Beach - cost of living is expensive i.e. going out, eating out, drinking etc. If you want a funky but cheaper alternative go for Glebe. Paddington is a must for shopping, not just Oxford St, but William St and Glenmore Rd (both off Oxford). Explore Surry Hills and Darlinghurst, both have little gems all over the place in terms of cafes, little galleries, design stores, restaurants, boutiques and vintage stores. Same with Bondi, explore other streets besides the main drag. Newtown has plenty of interesting stuff going on all the time too, lots of vintage stores and interesting

I've superprivate messaged you...!

Hey, thanks for your reply! Oh, all your informations sound so excitingly(Idon't know if this grammar-form is right, but you understand,right?)Ok: I'll fly to Australia on May 15 with an organisation called "Step in". I'll stay for at least one year, but in the back of my mind, i hope to find the occupation of my dreams. That means, I also have a Plan B, should I fly back to Germany, than I would study Sport-Theraphy at the University of Cologne but thats only Plan B:-) But my real passion is fashion, for two years I was invited to an fashion-university of Trier (Trier is near to Luxembourg) I was chosen with four other girls of many others; so we had the chance to convince the teachers of our talent in technical drawing, fashion-drawing, dressmaking (I don't know if these words really existe in English :-) one in all, in the end I found out, that I'm good in drawing and maybe I have enough fantasy for being creative but: I' had never realized how big the competition is. That was the point,(Iwas almost eighteen) where I gave up and tried to come to terms with "Plan B". Nevertheless, after two years,(now)I have to realize that I can't deny that I'm really in love with fashion-and I'm not speaking of buying fashion(yes of course I love to go shopping and to by the newest things which I see in "Vogue") but that's not the passion I speakl of, my passion is to read about new designers, see their latest fashion show, try to draw perfect figurines and hear and talk about evrything which has to do with fashion.

Sorry, when I#m talking about this topic I have the inclination to talk too much, back to Australia, yes I'm doing a thing like backpacking, but my organisation does organize a lot of my journey(jobs, hostels) But I will use this service only the first three months, than I want to travel of my own(But my strongly worried parents do not know of this) I arrive first at Sydney where I will spend one week, then I will travel to Brisbane and to Gympie,where ever this is, for doing a farm training for one week. Then I will chose one of the 180 farms in queensland to work there for three months. After that I can decide on my own where I want to go next.

Oh please tell me more about Australia are you an Australian person?No I mean, do you come from Australia? Im very excited to hear from you,

thanks a lot, Christina(i.e. chris)miss