video games ruined my life

DüM

It runs pretty smoothly on my shitty computer, but I've heard of people with much better computers than mine having stutter issues. I personally haven't encountered too many major bugs as of yet, the only thing was my computer crashed when I very first tried to adjust the screen resolution.

Also if any of you guys are down to play KF2 add me on steam, I've been looking for people to shoot shit with.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/slingmasta

Edited by slingmasta

Extremely disappointing news regarding the Konami/Kojima split: the Guillermo del Toro/Kojima collaboration on Silent Hill has been canceled. P.T. was quite an introduction to the atmosphere they'd be able to create together, but the promise of what they might create outside of a demo format was what had me hooked. Should have seen it coming considering the nature of their split.

• 3 weeks later...

I've really been enjoying Wild Hunt and exploring the game, there are a couple of things that annoy me about the game though. Movement can be pretty awkward although I've gotten used to it, but the combat seems pretty broken. Constantly keep Quen up and I can completely avoid taking damage and Igni pretty much destroys everything with little effort. I really don't see any reason to block or parry as I can just dodge and roll and take care of enemies with fast attack and signs so quickly.

Game is still a lot of fun, but I think I've been a little spoiled with Bloodborne where the combat seemed really tight and challenging. 

I've really been enjoying Wild Hunt and exploring the game, there are a couple of things that annoy me about the game though. Movement can be pretty awkward although I've gotten used to it, but the combat seems pretty broken. Constantly keep Quen up and I can completely avoid taking damage and Igni pretty much destroys everything with little effort. I really don't see any reason to block or parry as I can just dodge and roll and take care of enemies with fast attack and signs so quickly.

Game is still a lot of fun, but I think I've been a little spoiled with Bloodborne where the combat seemed really tight and challenging. 

The Witcher games never really revolved around the combat though.  If you played the first one you'll know what I mean. Your points are valid but if you play on PC someone who shares similar complaints will just make combat rebalance mods down the road like in W2.

Anyhoo, I'm loving the game as there's so much to do.  Even if quests mostly boil down to kill this, fetch that, all the little details and NPC interaction make you feel really involved and give the illusion of variety to keep you playing.

Yeah the game is great and really gorgeous, so I'm really just nitpicking. Combat can be clunky but it looks really cool so there's that. Really enjoy exploring and the world. Yeah I get a little frustrated too when the quests are "go here talk to this person and find this" and full of long cut-scenes and dialogues when really I just want to cut bad guys' heads off.

Tunnel snakes rule! I just hope they dont use the clunky ass elder scrolls engine again. 

Edit: looks like PC version will have new engine (yay)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/28v2dn/i_played_fallout_4/

lol, they said the same for Skyrim, but the Creation Engine turned out to be Gamebryo 2.0. Based on the actors' running animations in the trailer alone I'd say they're using an updated Gamebryo engine, again. Environments and lighting look great but if the movement is still the same it will prob get old really fast. Not to say that I completely hate it... at the very least it's still going to be an endlessly moddable game for years to come.

This just came out for New Vegas a few weeks ago:

I'm really excited for the release of DirectX 12, maybe then we'll finally get a big leap in graphics and cheaper mid-high range GPUs for cheaper. Not too keen on getting Windows 10 to make use of it though

I keep having to take breaks from it because I've developed this nasty habit of just steamrolling thru shit. Much rather pace myself and savor this one.

I'm not much of a PC guy, but man some VR with a hotas set up playing elite dangerous and star citizen seems like it'd be the best thing ever

i never knew how to describe my dissatisfaction with games these days, i wasn't sure if it was because of the ol' rose tinted goggles that i thought there wasn't anything special out there anymore but damn--witcher 3 is incredible. what a game. B) B) B) B)

I stopped playing after the main quest took me to Skellige cause I don't want the ride to end :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Gonna pick it up again once I cop a new GPU.  Replaying the 1st Witcher in the meantime

Steam Sale right now is killing me-- I already have so many games I haven't played yet in my queue. Planning on picking up: Cities Skylines, This War of Mine, Pillars of Eternity, Kentucky Route Zero & The Long Dark as soon as they hit the daily deals. 

still waiting for ign's review.

???

How much have things changed since I dropped off video games that this statement doesn't need a (10) after it?

On E3 news, pumped for Mirror's Edge Catalyst. Tremendously surprised that they convinced people to continue the property, but it's niche first-person parkour gameplay always felt far more engaging than the third person approach of Assassin's Creed.