video games ruined my life

DüM

^ The looting system is terrible. How is blue (rare) item gonna come from a fucking purple (legendary) engram

initially i had a lot of fun but now at higher levels it seems like all there is to do is farm or play the same strikes over and over again

had a lot of fun with the raid though, even though it took 3~ days off and on to complete with my group

the depths and blight town can fuck right off. so glad so be out of those areas in dark souls.

decided to install dark souls 2, just to see how much better of a port it was and holy shit, it's so nice having a game run at 60fps and native resolution again. character jogging animation doesn't look as good though. whatever, i'm looking forward to playing it.

i really like dark souls 2 and i've chosen to focus more on it for the time being because of how much better it runs and the healthier community for jolly co-op and pvp, but there is something about part 1, when it comes to the art direction and feel of the game, that part 2 lacks, at least from the early stages. the world in part 1 feels more dark and foreboding whereas part 2 is more colorful and less creepy feeling. player characters also look a little more stylized/cartoony in part 2. minor stuff, though. just bought all the DLC for part 2.

i'm in sen's fortress in part 1 and huntsman's copse in part 2.

edit: i killed 2-3 NPCs for their armor. they wouldn't talk to me because i don't plan on being an intel/faith build. am i going to start getting invaded by roleplaying blue bros wanting me to repent my sins or something, or is there no real consequence other than not doing their storyline, which i wasn't planning on doing anyway?

Edited by Rob060

i really like dark souls 2 and i've chosen to focus more on it for the time being because of how much better it runs and the healthier community for jolly co-op and pvp, but there is something about part 1, when it comes to the art direction and feel of the game, that part 2 lacks, at least from the early stages. the world in part 1 feels more dark and foreboding whereas part 2 is more colorful and less creepy feeling. player characters also look a little more stylized/cartoony in part 2. minor stuff, though. just bought all the DLC for part 2.

i'm in sen's fortress in part 1 and huntsman's copse in part 2.

edit: i killed 2-3 NPCs for their armor. they wouldn't talk to me because i don't plan on being an intel/faith build. am i going to start getting invaded by roleplaying blue bros wanting me to repent my sins or something, or is there no real consequence other than not doing their storyline, which i wasn't planning on doing anyway?

2 has its fair share of darker stages, although nothing is quite as good as the first in terms of environment.

Who here playing smash?

Link was improved a lot, he feels so much better to play now. He was my new favorite until I played greninja. The roll mechanic in general was improved immensely as well. I can't wait to play and watch competitive smash more often.

dark souls 2 pvp so fun. been invaded a few times and always kick ass. doin jolly co-op as a sun bro for the sun sword but after that i'm going to start pvping a lot more. think i'll join bell covenant for a little bit to save up some weapon upgrades, then head over to blood bros.

Currently mooching smash off of my friend. Little mac has godlike damage but no air game. And if he gets knocked off of the stage even slightly it's very hard for him to get back on. Mii fighters are pointless. Ike is slightly quicker so that's cool. I'm really disappointed with the smash run mode. When I heard it was going to be like city trial from kirby air ride I got really excited cause that mode is the shit. But smash run is no city trial.

• 2 weeks later...

The Evil Within is one of the worst designed videogames in recent years. The gameplay is atrocious, and the difficulty is only related to the piss poor controls and bad character handling and wallclipping/hitboxes. Holding my breath to see if I can finish the game, but man is it ever frustrating. Some really cool monster design and scenery which makes it disappointing. I want to like it, but its hard to. 

finished dark souls 2 and all the DLCs. reward weapon for killing the bonus ivory king boss is this badass greatsword. really good move set. going to stop leveling and start pvping a lot now and using it. got a ned stark/king of the north kinda thing going on with my gear.

ZeQ4EOu.jpg

The Evil Within is one of the worst designed videogames in recent years. The gameplay is atrocious, and the difficulty is only related to the piss poor controls and bad character handling and wallclipping/hitboxes. Holding my breath to see if I can finish the game, but man is it ever frustrating. Some really cool monster design and scenery which makes it disappointing. I want to like it, but its hard to. 

:(  I wanted Evil Within to be the game that revives classic survival horror, but what I'm hearing about it doesn't reassure me