8 replies to this topic

#1 vinz

vinz

superbored

• Pip
  • 288 posts
  • joined 26 september 05

Posted 26 February 2006 - 02:00 AM

Thinking about going to South East Asia in September. Just wondering how the weather is going to be like then. I keep on reading that it's going to be mad rainy. Is the rain that bad during Sept-Oct?

I'm not sure where we are going yet but Thailand, Vietnam, and Cambodia are places we want to check out for sure.

Thanks
www.youngestincharge.com

#2 PT

PT

bored

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • joined 16 december 04

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:44 PM

I can't speak about sept-oct, but I went over there in December. The weather was perfect. 80 degrees F in the daytime, 40 degrees F in the evenings. I've heard it's really muggy during the rainy season.

What parts of Cambodia and Vietnam are you going to?
Edited by PT on Feb 26, 2006 at 01:45 PM

#3 sybaritical

sybaritical

supermonkey

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,676 posts
  • joined 08 september 05

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:31 PM

just try googling wherever you're headed+Climate? Works for me.

#4 vinz

vinz

superbored

• Pip
  • 288 posts
  • joined 26 september 05

Posted 27 February 2006 - 06:19 AM

I'm not sure exactly where we are headed in the 2 countries, we might just wing it while we are there. We also might meet a couple friends there. I think we'll get our plans set in the next couple weeks.

I've been checking out books, checking the web, asking friends, now I'm reading travel blogs, I'm getting mixed answers. Some say it pours and a lot of things are closed, others say it rained but for a brief period but hard, others say it was hard core rain, I hear it's still sunny, regardless of the weather I'm going, just wanted to get some more opinions.
www.youngestincharge.com

#5 andreas

andreas

supertravel supereditor

• Pip
  • 155 posts
  • joined 21 october 03
  • style:old skool
  • denim:size 30

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:06 AM

As for Indonesia (and I'm talking Java, Bali, South Sumatra) the traditional rainy season is from October through March but climate changes (global heating) pretty much messed it up.

#6 poly800rock

poly800rock

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,040 posts
  • joined 09 september 04

Posted 28 February 2006 - 02:28 AM

if you're traveling, i'd strongly urge you to register at thorntree.lonelyplanet.com they have people in every country giving you the heads up up to the minute....
adidas sample stuff on the bay now.
DAMN YOU PEOPLE STOP WATCHING AND BID!
http://search.ebay.c...assZtriggerkid
TEAM OZAWA (oi lui xwy qluy wh l krcviukevi, zeaeylxy kibuiy kwbeiyt. oi lui drky l hlsi qemml kfwq.) http://www.superfutu...ad.php?t=255186

#7 vinz

vinz

superbored

• Pip
  • 288 posts
  • joined 26 september 05

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:05 AM

I went to the treethorn forums a few times but after reading Poly800rock's post I actually spent more time there. I think I read posts for 3 hours the other night. Thanks for the suggestion dude.
www.youngestincharge.com

#8 poly800rock

poly800rock

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,040 posts
  • joined 09 september 04

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:31 AM

Quote:

I went to the treethorn forums a few times but after reading Poly800rock's post I actually spent more time there. I think I read posts for 3 hours the other night. Thanks for the suggestion dude.

--- Original message by vinz on Feb 28, 2006 10:05 PM

yeah, i still check it from time to time, and i havent been out of the country in a year. i'm planning on going back to asia in may...but when i was traveling, i checked that site as often if not more than when i checked my email....you can meet some decent folk on there as well to meet up with if you get lonely.
http://search.ebay.c...assZtriggerkid
TEAM OZAWA (oi lui xwy qluy wh l krcviukevi, zeaeylxy kibuiy kwbeiyt. oi lui drky l hlsi qemml kfwq.) http://www.superfutu...ad.php?t=255186

#9 wombtang

wombtang

bored

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • joined 26 march 06

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:59 AM

i just got back from vietnam, and it seems that you'll see all kinds of weather there no matter when you go. depends more on where you go. you're going to love it. weather won't even matter. definitely go to hoi an and sapa if you can. and get ready to eat and drink a lot and lose weight.