South East Asia weather

vinz

I can't speak about sept-oct, but I went over there in December. The weather was perfect. 80 degrees F in the daytime, 40 degrees F in the evenings. I've heard it's really muggy during the rainy season.

What parts of Cambodia and Vietnam are you going to?

Edited by PT on Feb 26, 2006 at 01:45 PM

I'm not sure exactly where we are headed in the 2 countries, we might just wing it while we are there. We also might meet a couple friends there. I think we'll get our plans set in the next couple weeks.

I've been checking out books, checking the web, asking friends, now I'm reading travel blogs, I'm getting mixed answers. Some say it pours and a lot of things are closed, others say it rained but for a brief period but hard, others say it was hard core rain, I hear it's still sunny, regardless of the weather I'm going, just wanted to get some more opinions.

www.youngestincharge.com

As for Indonesia (and I'm talking Java, Bali, South Sumatra) the traditional rainy season is from October through March but climate changes (global heating) pretty much messed it up.

Quote:

I went to the treethorn forums a few times but after reading Poly800rock's post I actually spent more time there. I think I read posts for 3 hours the other night. Thanks for the suggestion dude.

--- Original message by vinz on Feb 28, 2006 10:05 PM

yeah, i still check it from time to time, and i havent been out of the country in a year. i'm planning on going back to asia in may...but when i was traveling, i checked that site as often if not more than when i checked my email....you can meet some decent folk on there as well to meet up with if you get lonely.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

• 4 weeks later...

i just got back from vietnam, and it seems that you'll see all kinds of weather there no matter when you go. depends more on where you go. you're going to love it. weather won't even matter. definitely go to hoi an and sapa if you can. and get ready to eat and drink a lot and lose weight.