black denim?

sneakeraddict

Hi,

where to find some nice black DENIM in a quality brand jeans? (one which will fade nicely, the equivalent of natural indigo fade over time)

Ironheart do some really nice ones, but a bit pricey for me at the moment.

They don't have to be selvedge, but I do want them to be a nice quality.

By the way, as has been expressed in a lower post, I'm not down with the whole nut-cruncher thing, so APC, Nudies, Cheap Monday, Dior Homme etc are out

Im a 36 leg.

thanks

how do you order from Japanese sites?

not that they ever do a 36 x 36 anyway icon_smile_dead.gif

also been trying to find some Japanese made lee 101bs, and I know that they make my size but I cant understand a word of rakuten etc, even with a translator like Google and wouldnt know how to buy, even if I found them!! ?

You know, I emailed djrajio about that. I had forgotten to ask him about the unwashed/one washed thing. From what I could pick up on the website, through Google's not very effective translator, is that some may be unwashed and that shrinkage is "Less than 8%". However, further down the page, it says that size 36 "does not shrink". Whatever, he'll get back to me about that.

Edited by minya on Mar 12, 2006 at 12:41 PM

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:

The black dye used doesn' have the same qualities as indigo, so will not fade in the same way.

Some companies use an indigo/black combination, doesn't work trust me.

--- Original message by johninger on Feb 28, 2006 07:55 PM

"Some companies use an indigo/black combination, doesn't work trust me."

Which companies are you referring to? Big John and Edwin Jeans both dyed their indigo denim black for "black denim" during the 80s. I personally haven't seen black denim look as nice since..

the dior homme regular fit (21cm its called i think), is not a nut choker. especially if you got a sz 36 wich would measure out close to a 38 probably, wear it loose. the leg length is like 37 or 38L and at that size the hem opening at the bottom is probably bigger then 21 cm. unless you have huge thick thighs and legs, it should fit like a normal straight jean.

that was what i thought of right away for a 36 inseam or larger, out the door.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my Denime 66 Black. They're a different sort of black from what we here in the states are used to seeing. I'm thinking of that deep, panther black Levis uses. There is more visible white in the Denime so it has sharp contrast which is boss. And the sheen is tops, and it's slubbiness gives even more texture. The leg is stovepipe straight, a killer look. Right out of the box, I soaked them in a cold tub for a couple hours and was impressed by how little dye ran out. I then threw them in a washing machine's final rinse cycle and dried them flat. No shit, I've already had two guys ask me what was I wearing and how they could grab a pair. Funny thing is, as I look at them I can't really imagine what they'll look like after mucho wear. I don't think frequent washing is the way to go with these, better to just keep wearing them, I think.

If I could figure out how to post pics here, I would. But, damn, posting is a nightmare. I can't figure it out.

Lastly, massive props to djrajio for making this happen. If anyone is hesitant about using his services, don't be. I make him out to be a stand-up fellow. The entire transaction was very smooth.

Edge of Denim:

What size did you get?

I did PM / email Djiro guy, but I didnt get a response, so maybe he doesnt feel like doing it, which is fair enough! I think Ill have to use Juno.

Can I ask you - do they / have they shrink since soaking?

I would like to know what the inside leg is on these if possible. I am looking to buy a 36 x 36.

cheers

almost all of these brands shrink to tagged size, the exception would be Skull but they have measurements in their shop.

you can check out skull jeans here http://www.fabfour.co.jp/netshop/babe/showcase/list_btm001.html

click on a model you like, some are available in black even though they're not listed on the first page.

dontcaretoomuchforcrap CANT SKATE!!

thanks for your reply. I will check that out now.

The only reason I was concerned about the Denimes is because on one of the Rakuten sites that sells them, it says (in English) "this model will not shrink".

So I am thinking, is this the same as the crazy LVC thing where it says 36 x 38 on the label and the real measurements are actually 33 x 34, if you know what I mean.

A 36x36 is what I ordered. Pre-soak, the waist measured 36", the leg was about 38", or so. It shrunk down to a very comfortable 34x34, although the leg falls as if it might be longer, but it's not. And I have room for future shrinkage, I believe I said earlier.

Jinx, those Skull Ebony straight legs are sick. What kind of wash/finish is that? It's got an amazing sheen. Why did you have to go and post that, huh, why? WHY?!

The only good thing is they don't seem to come in a 36.

Edited by Edge_Of_Denim on Mar 23, 2006 at 04:18 PM

Denime Black pics:

http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img03111527573ps.jpg

http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img3136bs.jpg

http://img160.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img03138sq.jpg

http://img160.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img03143ec.jpg

The last shows more of the contrast in the fabric as I mentioned above, and which really makes these jeans stand out from the basic black jean.

Edited by Edge_Of_Denim on Mar 24, 2006 at 07:21 AM