Superfashion randoms thoughts

Guest jmatsu

• 4 weeks later...

Hey which women's label had that dress that the model yanks on which turns it into another dress? There was a gif of it all over the place..

I am curious how much I can sell of what I own.

The buy less buy better mindset has taken hold of me but buying clothes for work is dragging me down.

Only issue with the less but better thing is it can leave people looking way too calculated. Like, 'I saved up for all these expensive pieces but I bring nothing new to them cause all else I have is white t shirts'.

Sometimes you gotta spend money on random junk to flamboozle up the expensive pieces and avoid looking soulless.

Edited by okonomi

Hey which women's label had that dress that the model yanks on which turns it into another dress? There was a gif of it all over the place..

Chalayan

Only issue with the less but better thing is it can leave people looking way too calculated. Like, 'I saved up for all these expensive pieces but I bring nothing new to them cause all else I have is white t shirts'.

Sometimes you gotta spend money on random junk to flamboozle up the expensive pieces and avoid looking soulless.

Cos nothing says I'm brimming with soul like buying 'random junk to flamboozle up the expensive pieces'

• 2 weeks later...

re: Chanel bag

I don't see what's wrong with it. It's different from the standard bags, 'useful' as Romano_yeah wrote and it's in-your-face yet fun in a Chanel way. It also doesn't look bad.

I am also sure it sold out when they started to take pre-orders (and the ones who bought it only used once before storing it).

that's the type of bag you'd only use if you knew street photographers were present

it's the type of bag that helps u get laid in certain part of tokyo and everywhere in hk.  probably get you killed in china, and/or ignored in thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

The Haider collection is a true continuation of his last namesake menswear spring collection a few years back.  I am pleased though I did prefer a bit of the heavy patterns used on the previous mens runway.  I just want to wear it all (with the carven bucket hats) while taking pictures of fat ladies roaming the aisles of whole foods.

For me it's exactly the other way around. I love KvA's new collection and i think it's one of his best yet and I also feel like he takes more risks with his own label. Dior peaked with SS12 and while it's still very consistent, it feels a little stale lately. I do like the increase of sci-fi influences,though. The last two look like uniforms for an alien boarding school.

Saint Laurent... huh. Definitely a more cohesive collection the FW, but is it better? I'm not sure how much I like the pants. Totally called look 1 the night before, though. Like, exactly. 

Edited by Illithid Dude