yum cha / dim sum in sydney

caz

i'm a melbourne girl who has been in london for the last 5 years, and i'm home for a month or so via sydney for 5 days. i wan't to take my english boyfriend for some great yum cha whole we're in sydney. i've not been there myself for about 10 years...

any tips?

thanks

caz

Hi Caz...a few options you could check out :

1. "Marigold" on George Street. There are 2 levels (4 & 5). The 5th floor has better ambiance and it's the real deal here. Better to get there at about 11.30 on weekends or you wiat a good hour.

2. For a more classy oufit, try the Sky Phoenix at Skygardens (Pitt Street Mall)

3. Yumcha by the beach - head for Sky Phoenix sister restaurant at Manly - faces the ocean

4. Our personal favourite is " Sea Treasure" on Willoughby Rd in Crows Nest.

Good luck and hope you impress your boyfriend..

Hey,

The East Ocean on the Dixon st Mall is my bet, the prawn dumplings actually explode in your mouth (all the dumplings are killer/very fresh)----also the cool thing is its open from 8pm--2am for all those big nights that dont have to end up in a kebab. The silversprings on hay st has an all you can eat yumcha for 16 bux too which is beautiful. Both in Chinatown-- Marigold is awesome too. Haven't been there but the chefs from cho chin think the one at the top of Market city is the one, dont know the name---

jo lamont

yoyo@ubinplaytime

http://www.ubinplaytime.com

• 3 weeks later...

hey yoyo jo, I found you on the forum. Remember your going away yum cha last month, was that East Ocean? that was good. Remember how it has those disco lights set up above our table and we talked about how to combine disco and yum cha : "disco yum cha" I still think its a great idea, and now I offer it to the world. Its is mandatory that the serving girls wear mini chongsams and rollerskates, and the waiters should wear one shiny glove ala m.jackson and do thriller moves when presenting the bill. Don' know how the food will mix with synthetics though, may get a little 'freaky'....

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||\||||||||||

I take the challenge yoyojo - but as I don't have my own yum cha, are the any yum cha restaurent owners on this forum interested in having a fri. & sat. late night makeover for their resturaunt. If so, PM me, as yoyojo will attest, I've experience in club promo, technical skills and I'm a total nazi as far as budgets go, so on time, under budget and satisfation guareented is what I offer to you. How could it not work?

jeez, what the hell am I talking about? yum cha disco!? am I out of mind.... jo I haven't sleep for a day or so, so things are getting fuzzy......

... but you know, it 'could' work.....

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||\||||||||||