NEW YEAR IN AMSTERDAM RECOMMENDATIONS ?

stuzzy

depends on your musical taste. if into hiphop and dancehall you might be better off traveling the extra hour to Rotterdam. The 'Chocolate' New Years party is the only party in Holland that will offer you pure hiphop and dancehall instead of crap urban top 40 b*llshit. It's in the off_corso (check www.off-corso.nl) and ticketsale will start soon.

Haven't seen many NYE flyers yet (ask me again in december).

Keep an eye on these venues though:

<ul>[*]Jimmy Woo (will be very VERY crowded)

[*]11 (on the 11th floor - awesome view)

[*]Pakhuis Wilhelmina (old squatted warehouse)

[*]Inez IPSC (ask around!)

[*]Supper Club (great club - 5 years ago)

Aside from the regular venues, there are usually a lot of good parties at unusual venues. There are a few new clubs opening very soon, but I'm not sure if they'll be open before the new year. More info available in dec.

Reporter: "What do you think about western civilization?"

Gandhi: "I think it would be a good idea."

Oh sorry, forgot the food tips.. here are a few favorites:

Wolvenstraat (restaurant doesn't have a name)

Noa (noodles)

Van Harte

Morlang

Cinema Paradiso (Italian)

Suite

Walem (for lunch)

18 Twintig

Make sure you avoid eating at 11. The view is lovely, but the last time I had dinner there was a total disappointment. Go there for drinks/party after dinner instead. Oh, and the sandwiches on the other hand are pretty good! So there's another lunch tip for ya. :D

Check out this link for an entire index: http://www.iens.nl/english/restaurantsIn/Amsterdam/index.htms?

Reporter: "What do you think about western civilization?"

Gandhi: "I think it would be a good idea."

Make sure you go to Rotterdam at some point at least... Really, its off the hook. Amsterdam is a little touristy and dirty and there are alot of drunk Brits.

I ain't terrified from nothing, I'm young wild crazy and disgusting. - Lil Weezy

But next to being touristy, dirty and, most unfortunately, boasting a lot of drunk Brits it's the only spot in the Low Countries with a true urban flavour (if you know what I mean).