arcteryx veilance

Field IS jacket maybe? Or some blazer?

haven's styling is a bit weird these days but holy shit voronoi shorts in navy + component shirt in grey is one hell of a combination

Absolutely! I wish they still made those short sleeve "Operand" shirts, missed getting that one...

If you could get one jacket 50% off Veilance's web pricing, which would you get? Long story short, my galvanic got damaged and apparently they can't do anything to repair it. I already have the patrol/align from fw2014

what happened to your galvanic?

considering you already have a long coat, id go for one of their field jacket variations, the insulated one seems especially nice

what happened to your galvanic?

considering you already have a long coat, id go for one of their field jacket variations, the insulated one seems especially nice

The jacket smelled weird when I got it (bought it off eBay) so I put it in the dryer (medium - as recommended) for 5 mins with a dryer sheet to see if it would smell better. I have no idea what happened (neither does the customer service rep at veilance), but a waxy/grease-like material appeared on the jacket (no the dryer sheet did not melt onto the coat). The rep tried all their cleaning products (grangers, etc.) but apparently it didn't work. He said he would try to see if dry-cleaning the jacket would help (of course it is not recommended to dry clean your veilance pieces usually, but I don't think he means "standard" dry cleaning). If that doesn't work, I guess that it will become my beater that I wear while rowing.

I could get 50% off any veilance piece, but they would keep my galvanic. I know that there are a few places that are selling veilance at 50% off already online so this option doesn't make much sense.

http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/jkxss/library/Galvanic%20Damage

Pics don't show how bad it looks in person haha

Edited by JasonLee

That looks pretty bad. 

In other news i got my ss15 voronois today. The fabric is quite a radical departure from the previous voronois. It's an ultra-lightweight nylon plain weave that is quite possibly the thinnest technical fabric i've ever laid eyes on. Imagine the thinnest nylon you've ever seen, and then thinner still. If the entire pant weighs more than 150 grams i'd be shocked. I'm not sure what to think of it, as the previous voronois' beefy twill had a nice sturdy drape to it that really emphasized the geometric cut. This fabric still drapes better than some other nylon pants i own, who drape more like yoga pants, but it's definitely a  huge departure from the previous model and honestly just doesn't feel as nice/classy. Wearing them just feels like wearing mainline bird hiking pants, really. 

That looks pretty bad.

In other news i got my ss15 voronois today. The fabric is quite a radical departure from the previous voronois. It's an ultra-lightweight nylon plain weave that is quite possibly the thinnest technical fabric i've ever laid eyes on. Imagine the thinnest nylon you've ever seen, and then thinner still. If the entire pant weighs more than 150 grams i'd be shocked. I'm not sure what to think of it, as the previous voronois' beefy twill had a nice sturdy drape to it that really emphasized the geometric cut. This fabric still drapes better than some other nylon pants i own, who drape more like yoga pants, but it's definitely a huge departure from the previous model and honestly just doesn't feel as nice/classy. Wearing them just feels like wearing mainline bird hiking pants, really.

I'll have to try them on in person at the DC store sometime! Yeah it sucks. Just like VA weather right now haha Edited by JasonLee

That looks pretty bad. 

In other news i got my ss15 voronois today. The fabric is quite a radical departure from the previous voronois. It's an ultra-lightweight nylon plain weave that is quite possibly the thinnest technical fabric i've ever laid eyes on. Imagine the thinnest nylon you've ever seen, and then thinner still. If the entire pant weighs more than 150 grams i'd be shocked. I'm not sure what to think of it, as the previous voronois' beefy twill had a nice sturdy drape to it that really emphasized the geometric cut. This fabric still drapes better than some other nylon pants i own, who drape more like yoga pants, but it's definitely a  huge departure from the previous model and honestly just doesn't feel as nice/classy. Wearing them just feels like wearing mainline bird hiking pants, really. 

I was concerned when I saw the breakdown of the fabric about this. The bottom of the apparat has the same breakdown, I thought that it wouldn't be structured enough to work as a replacement for the old voronoi. However, I'm sure on a really hot summer day they would be quite comfy compared to a f/w weight fabric.

Also, would the talus grey monitor be a bad choice over the black? I like the colour but seems like it might look pretty dirty after a couple of seasons because it's so light.

Edited by rhaaag

I was concerned when I saw the breakdown of the fabric about this. The bottom of the apparat has the same breakdown, I thought that it wouldn't be structured enough to work as a replacement for the old voronoi. However, I'm sure on a really hot summer day they would be quite comfy compared to a f/w weight fabric.

Also, would the talus grey monitor be a bad choice over the black? I like the colour but seems like it might look pretty dirty after a couple of seasons because it's so light.

yeah, it's definitely nowhere as structured. interestingly enough it doesn't feel significantly less restrictive - the stretch is very minimal. they're definitely summer pants and are much more suited to hot climates than the fw voronois.

If it's the same material as the bottom of the Apparats it's also basically the same as the Blazer LT fabric.

Ouch. You're making me interested in the Voronoi (and more interested in the Nemis) again. Then again, I've had issues with all but the Spec Pants from Veilance and had a great run with Thunderbolt Sportswear's softshell jeans, instead. Go figure.

just took delivery of a pair of liminal, really like them so far although only tried on around the house. not too thick but looks like it'll keep you warm.

just did a search on those thunderbolt softshell jeans, styling on the website is terrible looks like the guy has just staggered out of the pub.

org_1_1024x1024.jpg

Those thunderbolt softshell pants aren't jeans; it's dryskin with decorative stitching. On the other hand:

jeans from howies made using epic cotton, look interesting just wish they were darker in colour or even black.

w700_5447352_waterrepellentdenim.jpg

The best (only decent?) use of epic cotton I've seen yet. I picked up a pair in early winter then got my tailor to taper them and also replace the button fly with a zipper. The cut is still horrible (much worse than I was enjoying with Outlier/Veilance/Acronym) but it's got me wearing jeans again

just did a search on those thunderbolt softshell jeans, styling on the website is terrible looks like the guy has just staggered out of the pub.

I had been wondering why they weren't (more) popular with urban techwear-loving folks (given it's Schoeller Dryskin and works out very well - or at least, has for me). I think now I know ;)

just took delivery of a pair of liminal, really like them so far although only tried on around the house. not too thick but looks like it'll keep you warm.

What size are you in the Liminals and what size are you regularly? Bought myself a pair in the fall and I had to size down to a size 30 as the 32 seemed to roomy. Now I regret it though since they feel much tighter and don't seem to have any stretch at all, also the material I find is more prone to fading due to the natural waxed cotton - Mine are fading by the cobra waist snap after a few wears.

Veilance informed me that the fading is to be expected and was somewhat intentional since they were going for a more military look/feel. Still annoyed somewhat.

Also can anyone give me tips on how to wash a N.Hoolywood Wool Pertex Jacket I own?

Edited by SonnyCheeba

• 2 weeks later...

Tried on the Actuator, Isogon, and the Monitor jacket today. The Actuator was rather plain and looked boring in person. I liked that it was fully waterproof, but for the price it's rather unimaginative. The Isogan was really nice with the slit sleeves, would have loved that design in the Goretex. Would have bought the Isogon, but the cut caused the jacket to lift up around the front waist area when zipped up. Sizing up to an extra large solved the problem, but the shoulder area was too slouched. The monitor jacket was really nice and had a great fit. Loved the fish tail design on the back. But I wasn't sure how practical and versatile a thigh length jacket like that would be.

Kinda bummed out, was really hoping I'd buy my first Veilance jacket today.