arcteryx veilance

Went for the Large in the Field Jacket SV. Tried a friends medium and it looked pretty good, but was a bit short in the sleeves and felt pretty tight overal. First day with shitty weather today,  since I got the jacket. It's a freaking good jacket!

sold my lt field jacket. tbh wasnt a big fan of it. it had nice details and all that but I felt it just looked weird on me, sort of flared out past the waist. would have also liked a 2 way zipper. I think the insulated version would look better

Edited by Ecotrons

Just got my new apparats in the mail. Really like the fit/finish but.... they are loud/crinkly when walking

I would say even more so than my thicker composite deploy jacket. Does anyone know if these will soften/become quieter in time?

Edited by imsinking

Quick question: What is a good price to pick up a used Node IS jacket? Is $500 reasonable (considering retail is $1000)?

I guess it depends on how much money you set aside for outerwear/how addicted you are to Veilance, but I wouldn't do it. Of course I am in college without a job... so I can only pick up steals.

Translation: $500 is not a great price for you. Veilance gets sold somewhere around 50% off retail or more online so see if you can talk the seller down. 

PS - Patrol IS in graphite is awesome.

SS15 looking good. Really nice colours and interesting new material choices.

I like the new NyCo Isogon and wonder how Voronois will look in person. Good to see pants and blazer in matching fabric, still think that NyCo would look smarter, next season, please.

not feeling the folded collar dad jacket.

I give it a pass because it reminds me the Bonds jacket in Quantum of Solace. :D

Edited by Brainboy

Since we are on the topic of brooms, what axe does one combine Veilance clothing with?

Asking because of this piece in BoF - http://www.businessoffashion.com/2015/02/survivalist-streak-menswear.html

Is it a survivalist streak? Or sense?

http://www.knifecenter.com/item/ZT0102/zero-tolerance-model-0102-tactical-tomahawk-475-vanadis-4-steel-blade-black-g10-handle

Something like that. 

I tried to find something more minimalist, but you don't get much when you google: minimalist axe.