arcteryx veilance

The insulated Field Jacket is TTS or even +1 if you want to layer things underneath.  At least for mobility in the arms. @frankie_four thanks for the voronoi rec; that's a shame that they fade so easily. 

Regarding the veilance field jackets, do you guys get them tts?

I'm a sz small in acr and would assume the same for veilance but i saw a listing for a xs veilance field jacket and measurements seemed fine for me

If you were worried, I'd call them.  AV customer service is some of the best.

But their XS is actually a small (even on their site).  

I have family/friends discount from Arcteryx and I purchased an Anode Coat in a Medium.

I am afraid it will be too large (I am a small), and I cannot return it due to their discount policy. It is also a "seconds" item, in the sense there is a small defect to it.

Anyone know if these sell/trade well? I got it at a very good price.

I have not gotten it yet (I will by the end of next week). I'm just wondering if "seconds" are discounted heavily at retail anyways.

The thing is the discounted price is the same for regular and seconds (both very reasonable prices), and we all know the availability of regular; the stock sucks! So I was able to pick up a Black Anode in Seconds, but I anticipate it to be too large.

sp@rks will PM you!

Hi, new here. I was wondering just how warm is 140g core loft? at what temperature range would this be suitable? Of course, how cold a person feels differentiates from one to another, but surely we can all agree on some level that a certain temperature is as warm as it can be to wear it eg. 40F and below

I'm considering making my first purchase from Veilance with the Sinter IS coat in black. Never bought tech clothing before (unless heattech and airism at uniqlo counts). I understand from past post here (haven't read all 48 pages) that core loft works with movement. Walking approximately one mile to my destination every morning (NYC Downtown 6 train and buses aint reliable), I get the feeling I'll be sweating a bucket in this thing...  

Edited by FutureFuture

Hi, new here. I was wondering just how warm is 140g core loft? at what temperature range would this be suitable? Of course, how cold a person feels differentiates from one to another, but surely we can all agree on some level that a certain temperature is as warm as it can be to wear it eg. 40F and below

I'm considering making my first purchase from Veilance with the Sinter IS coat in black. Never bought tech clothing before (unless heattech and airism at uniqlo counts). I understand from past post here (haven't read all 48 pages) that core loft works with movement. Walking approximately one mile to my destination every morning (NYC Downtown 6 train and buses aint reliable), I get the feeling I'll be sweating a bucket in this thing...  

I wear the Insulated Field Jacket w/ a shirt underneath until about 20ºF. Past that, I layer it with a thin sweater + baselayer shirt until about 0ºF. Past that, I switch to a heavy Undercover down parka. It's pretty good.

*edit: The Sinter is puffy in person, and not in a positive way. 

Edited by lola swagpoodle

lola are saying the sinter is a bit bibendum/ stay puft? disappointing, was thinking of purchasing but never a fan of this puffy business.

yeah, I'd definitely try it on first. Maybe I just had too many donuts when I went to try it on. Blazers were a miss too for sizing.

Hey if anyone is interested I have a SS14 Field Lt jacket in black size small for sale $500. It's excellent condition, very lightly worn with zero washes. Trying to sell since I bought the align jacket from this winter season. I live in Toronto by the way. Let me know if anyone is interested, I have the item posted on Kijiji.

Edited by SonnyCheeba

I have the following for sale:

Black - Monitor Coat - Medium

Brand new. Still in garment bag. FW14. Size sadly didn't fit me correctly. 

Selling for $750 CDN

Let me know if you're interested.

Edited by Seadaddy

Does anyone know how big the difference is between the Insulated Field Jacket and the SV Field Jacket? The Insulated Field Jacket looks to be made with Coreloft, while SV is not. I'm considering purchasing one for a trip to NYC/Iceland during late winter. Would the SV Field Jacket be sufficient for warmth? 

Does anyone know how big the difference is between the Insulated Field Jacket and the SV Field Jacket? The Insulated Field Jacket looks to be made with Coreloft, while SV is not. I'm considering purchasing one for a trip to NYC/Iceland during late winter. Would the SV Field Jacket be sufficient for warmth? 

I don't think they're using the SV terminology anymore. The Field Jacket IS is obviously insulated while the Field Jacket is not, with the other major difference being the face fabric - Gore-Tex Pro on the IS and a durable brushed nylon on the regular piece. Both have a nice feel. The Insulated jacket also has an extra set of zippered hand pockets which run vertical and are lined with a soft fabric, which are great because I find the horizontal pockets of the Field Jacket awkward and impractical for placing one's extremities. 

The Field Jacket is cut to accommodate warm layer(s), but is otherwise just a shell and not a jacket for warmth. So, don't consider it unless you have a good mid layer down jacket, insulator, or heavy knit to bring along for your trip. Personally, I find that setup most versatile, but if you want an all in one piece, then the Field Jacket IS is probably the one for you. Even then, I would bring a light sweater, merino base layers, and a toque and scarf because I'm thin and get cold easily.

Yes, of course, thanks. I meant to write that it has a brushed nylon face. I have seen and tried on both jackets in person and can specify that it is not Paclite. The fabric is (comparitively) heavy. I found the feel somewhat surprising, actually. Not your usual Gore-Tex face, much more textured. It seems very durable.

Gore and Arc'teryx are now moving slowly away from the classical name scheme.

Products described only as Gore-Tex could use various constructions - 2L Paclite, 3L Softshell (SFT) or 3L Tricot...

And I'm pretty sure that Paclite technology was never used in the Veilance collection.

Gore and Arc'teryx are now moving slowly away from the classical name scheme.

Products described only as Gore-Tex could use various constructions - 2L Paclite, 3L Softshell (SFT) or 3L Tricot...

And I'm pretty sure that Paclite technology was never used in the Veilance collection.

Right, but Paclite in the old naming scheme is now plain 'GoreTex' while Pro Shell has become 'GoreTex Pro'. Given that the description of the Field just says GoreTex, it seems like a reasonable assumption that it's made from what used to be called PacLite.

Don't get me wrong, I'd very much prefer it to be an older iteration of ProShell, but I feel that if that was true, they would have said so.

Edited by MoreToasties