arcteryx veilance

Does anyone have a good photo of the grey Voronois?

Never seen them in person but I think that official shot doesn't do them justice, they look extremely crumpled and too long.

I don't have a photo but I ordered a pair of the SS2014 ones & can only comment on the material & fit: the material and quality of the finish were really impressive and as good as any other Veilance product. Great feel, awesome details, seems etc.

The fit however was what made me send them back. They are not too long, but long they are. I had to fold/turn/roll them up a once or twice (I'm 1,84m - ordered the W32) and the legs' cut is somewhat.. bent - as in.. pre-formed for movement/bent knees etc - so if you stand up straight the material is in fact a bit crumbled. Waist-wise I'd say they are close to true-to-size (I have a 32" inch waist and the Voronoi pant was old a tiny bit too wide).

That wasn't the problem though - the problem was their weird, really weird cut around the back. I do have a slim but muscular build and the Voronois were oh so bulky around the.. erm.. lower back. It felt & looked like I was carrying an extra bag - around my ass. They do say 'articulate fit for greater movement' but to be honest, I'd only recommend them if you had some serious ass coupled with thin legs. 

Does anyone know / have the Actuator and an Align Shell and knows how they fit in comparison? I have the Actuator in size 'M' and it fits like a glove, but e.g. my Veilance Survey Jacket (FW2012) in size 'M' is simply too wide (anyone up for an unworn one?)?

I'm surprised you find the Survey too big. The Align is more of a "straight" fitting jacket in comparison to the Actuator. You'll find it fits similarly through the shoulders and sleeve length, maybe a little more room through the chest but not an overly noticeable amount. The major difference is the length. The actuator hits at about the waist, whereas the Align comes in a bit below the belt. Definitely stick with the same size for the intended fit. 

Do the cargo lt pants fit tts or should I size up from a 30 to a 32? Thanks

I didn't keep the pair I tried but they fit in the waist and were a 33, and I usually take a 32 waist in most mainstream brands (also Outlier/Proof). So I'd say that the Cargo LTs are slightly more forgiving than a "true" TTS pant.

I'm surprised you find the Survey too big. The Align is more of a "straight" fitting jacket in comparison to the Actuator. You'll find it fits similarly through the shoulders and sleeve length, maybe a little more room through the chest but not an overly noticeable amount. The major difference is the length. The actuator hits at about the waist, whereas the Align comes in a bit below the belt. Definitely stick with the same size for the intended fit. 

Perfect, thanks!

The Survey Jacket has just too much room through the chest - if I wear it with a bulky hoodie or so underneath it feels & fits somewhat right. Then again the Jacket itself would keep me warm enough by itself, adding another layer is, for 99% of the autumn & winter days around here, too much. I originally kept it because it does look great in general & I wasn't entirely sure when I tried in on the first couple of times whether it was just not the right weather, yet.. but as it turned out - every time I put it on it looks a bit like I wear my older brother's clothes. Figuratively speaking..

I love the colour palette this season: muted earth tones and otherwise that seem pulled from weird fungi, bark, and turning leaves.

In response to above thread queries: I picked up a new Align over the Actuator to accommodate layering. I like both for being lightweight and minimalist. For a minor expense in weight, I appreciate the subtle asymmetry of the Align's pocket configuration and the more developed collar and hood details. As the Actuator is SS, the fit is more trim: seemingly to fit no more than a shirt or light sweater underneath. If you sized up, the shoulders or length might not correspond to your figure. I wear M in all my Veilance jackets, from blazer to mid layer to shell. 

I wonder when the introduction of down in the mainline will reach Veilance.

It's true the colours are always great. It just feels like they opened up to the idea of a wider palette this season. I appreciate that their selections remain relatively consistent with past choices as well - less fashion forecasting, and more brand identity. Thanks for the link. Too bad the mainline colours lack all subtlety. I guess there's always black.

I was going to say the Actuator doesn't come en noir because of the season its released but then you bring up the Isogon. I'm quite content to have my Align in black and Isogon in titanium.

Edited by Loos Threads

Would anyone identify the jacket shown off at 1:10, the one on the left side? The video also includes the Anode hooded vest mentioned by Mindtrive but not the black scend jacket, neither of which are up on the Veilance FW14 collection site... :huh2:

Solid collection with great colors but I'd like to see more new silhouettes soon and maybe even a proper blazer next time (i.e. length should extended past the hips instead of these short blazers that stop at the waist)

are you referring to the anode Inkinsurgent as that's available on the site.

it is a little odd that those two; anode hooded vest and scend didn't make the initial collection, have noticed this before with si:sp last a/w they had a coat on their site that never went on sale.

maybe a release in a second drop for those two?

If you're in London, the Arc'Teryx shop in Covent Garden have just got a few pieces from this season in stock. They're not out on the shop floor yet but if you ask them, they'll get them out for you. Unfortunately they haven't got a lot of the colours or the Sinter, which I was hoping to try but they did have the Galvanic which looked really nice on but I had issues with the zip. It just didn't seem to click in smoothly and took me a few goes just to get it to zip properly. On the plus side, it's a two way zip but when I unzipped it from the bottom, I had the same problem trying to rezip it properly. Has anyone else had this problem or did I just get a coat with a dodgy zipper? Tbh it put me off throwing nearly a thousand pounds at a new work coat, I expected a perfect zip from Veilance.

Edited by Dolphinski

Was trying to track down remaining stockists for the Nomin Pack and stumbled across this:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/276448-Most-pretentious-brand

lol.

lol...to funny.  good luck in the hunt for a nomin pack. 

Got mine on 30% sale direct from Canada.

?

You just bragging or are you gonna hook me up?

I second that....post up the connection.