Warehouse

Medine

I mean, honestly ive washed them a bunch, every 2-4 weeks. Probably as much as most warehouse owners!

I think it's all in the streaks, it gives them depth. I love all kinds of blue but I don't like when they look flat (to me) like TCB, etc. I've seen older flat head pairs that don't have the streaks and I didn't like them as much either.

Those jeans are still way better than anything else you see walking around and also much better than jeans that are never washed, but for me if I'm going to wear only one pair to wear for years at a time it has to be one where I'm blown away by how they look after that time, and I'm just not with Warehouse (and most other brands!)

But it's no surprise a lot of people do like them a lot. For me it's like a denim opportunity cost, I got to get the most value for my time!

*sharpens pitchfork, looks up itsbenhere's address*** :ph34r:

All jokes aside, TCB jeans really need to be worn to see how special they are.  I wont bore you with big words and comparing the subtle details to a fine wine or any of that bullshit.  When I first got the TCB contest jeans, they were everything I wasnt interested in at the time.  Same with the OOE contest jeans.  They were flat, kinda dull and no texture.  But as they wore in, and subtle slubs started to show up and this texture and depth started to develop, thats when it really gets special.  Warehouse is the same way, at least the 415's (aka 700) that I owned.  If I didnt out-fat them, I would imagine they would be very special now.  But looking at them online is only so exciting.  Like most special denims, the real excitement is touching and wearing/  

I received the 1000xx from Caliroots today and just pulled them out of the machine after a 60°C wash. Sweet Jesus did they shrink up, the waist alone went from 40cm to 35cm. They're hanging up inside out so I can't take exact measurements but the inseam has shrunk a ton, from the looks of it I can do a small double cuff or a bigger single cuff. The denim feels great and pretty soft, the crispiest thing about them are the pocket bags right now :D

Can't wait to try them on, I think I'll really like them.

*sharpens pitchfork, looks up itsbenhere's address*** :ph34r:

All jokes aside, TCB jeans really need to be worn to see how special they are.  I wont bore you with big words and comparing the subtle details to a fine wine or any of that bullshit.  When I first got the TCB contest jeans, they were everything I wasnt interested in at the time.  Same with the OOE contest jeans.  They were flat, kinda dull and no texture.  But as they wore in, and subtle slubs started to show up and this texture and depth started to develop, thats when it really gets special.  Warehouse is the same way, at least the 415's (aka 700) that I owned.  If I didnt out-fat them, I would imagine they would be very special now.  But looking at them online is only so exciting.  Like most special denims, the real excitement is touching and wearing/  

I agree with you. I'd love to have some well-worn OOE/TCB/WH but, like with you, it's everything I'm not interested in. Maybe one day I'll have to suck it up and get some wear in them and see how I like them then!

SuFu covers quite a wide spectrum of indigo denim__ from lightest to the heaviest__ from the flattest to the slubbiest ... from the darkest raw to a righteous "grail".

IMO, it's the combination of fit x denim that makes certain model/brand more popular than others ... & [popularity] basically depends on demographics &/or w/c forum you're at.

As for personal preference, for the life of me, I just cannot narrow it down to a singular pair or 2 or 3.

I've sampled = "binged&purged" thru the years ... What remains is a "distillation" of that denim experience ... Wherein each pair is an integral piece of the collection ... My slice of the denim pie.

The 1000 seems to be sold out there now so I can't check but iirc they said 40 cm waist, too.

80 cm/31.5" sounds about right for a size 30. I expect they'll have shrank down to 29 to 29.5". I've found FC and WH measure a little smaller when wet, they'll give a true measurement when dry.

80 cm/31.5" sounds about right for a size 30. I expect they'll have shrank down to 29 to 29.5". I've found FC and WH measure a little smaller when wet, they'll give a true measurement when dry.

I'll see tonight, right now they're around 27,5" in the waist, but they're still wet. I'm not concerned though, my Sam x DMO 710s measured the same and it was no problem stretching them to 30" even with their very dense weave.

Having a chance to wear my 1003XX (same cut as 1000) while my 1001 are out for repairs.  Forgot how much I like the way these fit, especially post wash.  I think you're going to be really happy with the 1000 Cucoo. I've said it before, I'm surprised there seems to be minimal interest in that model here.  Anyone able to pick these up while they were on sale is damn lucky!    

Very nice! 

Am I the only person who thinks those are made out of 1001 denim?  Caliroots listed it as being made out of 13.5 oz demin, and I just assumed that was wrong since the 1000 from Japan and carried by BiG is 14.5 oz 1000XX denim.  Between the offset belt loop, double red tab stitching, and Deeptone tag it's obviously a different export model.  Add 7 cm of waist shrinkage, the way the denim is puckering at seems and hem, and the way they drape when worn, it reminds me a lot of the 1001 denim.    

Well my size 30 shrank from 31,5" to 28,8" with a 60° wash and they were immediately comfy when I put them on earlier. Even if they do shrink an inch below tag you'll be fine, the denim is soft and stretches by looking at it.

Very nice! 

Am I the only person who thinks those are made out of 1001 denim?  Caliroots listed it as being made out of 13.5 oz demin, and I just assumed that was wrong since the 1000 from Japan and carried by BiG is 14.5 oz 1000XX denim.  Between the offset belt loop, double red tab stitching, and Deeptone tag it's obviously a different export model.  Add 7 cm of waist shrinkage, the way the denim is puckering at seems and hem, and the way they drape when worn, it reminds me a lot of the 1001 denim.    

Thanks! And maybe Caliroots can elaborate on that? I'll shoot them an email. Now that you mention it, they do feel lighter than 14,5oz, but that may be just in my head, too, since I've been wearing my 18oz Samurais earlier today.

Thanks! And maybe Caliroots can elaborate on that? I'll shoot them an email. Now that you mention it, they do feel lighter than 14,5oz, but that may be just in my head, too, since I've been wearing my 18oz Samurais earlier today.

Unfortunately Caliroots has no idea :D

Filip (Caliroots)

27. Juni, 13:46 CEST

Unfortunately I have no idea, sorry about that.

Have a good one!

My pair of 1000's arrived from caliroots today. Waist measures just over 34, so I'm hoping that they settle somewhere around 32. It seems like cucoo's pair had some serious shrinkage.

Regarding the denim, even though I've never handled warehouse denim before, it definitely feels lighter than 14.5 and the color reminds me a lot of FC 13.75. It feels rather similar as well.

I ordered the 900 which was raw and still smaller than given measurements. I was a bit absent-minded when I ordered, for some reason I thought it was one-wash, but I'll put it on hold for skinnier times (bad knees + surgeries + rehabilitation = weight gain, that's where I'm at now). 

Update: EW-0110

Almost ate the pavement while skateboarding w/ the nephew☺ï¸. Special thanx to Maki @BiG for providing patching/Sashiko material, i.e., Sumi CenturyDenim

146C57A6-009B-4135-816B-BCF89B93F62F.jpg

Denim had gotten loose from wear = machine wash&dry, to rein the fabric in a bit.

Pix taken today before their 6th wash.

78325220-FA50-4B48-A18F-58652A2C52D4.jpg

73DA829E-3EB9-4F30-B160-CFD8506AA198.jpg

3C570182-D76C-4C1E-B09C-1806F1D60107.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic