Warehouse

Medine

Blue Gear mentioned to me on insta that he believes they are the same banner denim as the 1001...I think I will pass on these for now since I already have a pair, but I'm wondering if the anniversary pairs will have a new fabric or not? I'm guessing they'll at least have some kind of arcs though!

Thank you for letting us know about the fabric aho!

I also agree with you all and so will wait for 1001xx or 1000xx.

btw, I am pretty amazed by the "perfect arc" stitch on new 1003xx.

warehouse usually offer S(36), M(38), L(40), XL(42) only.

also too bad for me because my jeans are 28 or 29 and wear XS(34). at worst, I can choose 36...

they sometimes offer XS and XXL at official stores only though.

Edited by kameidaclub

Heard back from BiG, the new 1003XX is NOT the same pattern at the ones made a year ago (which were very similar to the current 1000).  The new 1003XX is basically the same pattern as the current 1001SXX.  

So, I'm in a position where if I did pick that model up, I'd be wanting to shrink the size 34 as little as possible, or shrinking the size 36 as much as possible.  BF got 2.5" of shrinkage at the waist of his 1001SXX.  Is 3" of shrinkage at the waist possible with the 1001/banner denim?

Edited by setterman

I would go for minimum rather than maximum shrinkage setterman. Whatever waist shrinkage you get with Warehouse, you know it'll go back to raw size fairly quickly. If necessary you could even wear them raw briefly to stretch them out further to gain a buffer for the shrinkage,

That's I was thinking too MF (stretch the waist), but the thigh on the size 34 starts at 13.5".  Most of my jeans have shrunk to the 13.25 to 13.75" range.  12.75 to 13" is wearable, but smaller than I'd like.

Why they couldn't have fucking stuck with the 1000/1003XX cut is beyond me.    

setter, any chance Gordon mention if the fabric is the same? I know it's been stated it's the banner denim, but always helpful to hear from a retailer directly!

Didn't ask, assumed it's the same denim being used in the 1001, 1001SXX, and 900.  Gordon said expected shrinkage is 2" at the waist.  But BF and Ed got 2 1/2" of shrinkage without putting their 1001SXX in the washing machine.    

well here is my last update on my 800s for a while as i will be switching to my special fabric FCxSignet 0105ph for the next two years. This is the one year mark with probably 10 months of wear and many many washes.

OUTDOOR

df500e69-0888-4930-ba0f-68e3065278c0_zps

INDOOR

64279015-CBB0-4F30-AF7E-BE74F3F933C5_zps

I also travelled to Italy recently, shout out to Volvo (the panini's you recommended were phenomenal, Grazie) for helping me out with some food choices and places to go. I was first in Orvieto which sits up on a plateau and has a huge underground cave network with thousands of caves under the houses.

view from the plateau plus my  warehouse800s

E3D38203-ACB6-4725-BD6E-2D54CE7C4496_zps

Also in Orvieto was a shoemaker named Federico Badia, he only makes custom made to measure shoes. I visited his shop and got measured and he is making me a two tone (tan calf skin, brown scotch grain) short wing boot with oxford laces. I'm very excited to see them when he's done.

BCFEC10D-C4E3-4BEF-A95B-1F2ECBBA0563_zps

He makes everything himself in his little shop by hand.

8331EF01-EBF8-41E3-8300-6E6A44ECE6E3_zps

I also had to visit a winery so we drove up to Montecino in Tuscany to visit Banfi Winery and have lunch and tour the facilities.

first my lunch: Pheasant Ravioli with Black Truffles and Butter Sauce with their flagship wine

17C3A62F-D98B-4E22-8819-AAE9BC4A818E_zps

255742AC-7E07-43D8-8343-EC0779B720A1_zps then we were off for the tour

Giant Fermenters

db0fec27-8bbe-4a81-aeda-0c4050cd71a8_zps

815112cf-911c-4240-bb6c-11782bc30dbe_zps

it was april so no grapes or vines just little buds forming

e90b453c-a6ca-4c7e-a8e6-a030d1e201b5_zps

d44b16be-ae1f-4130-8df8-59eb2858212a_zps

Sorry for the long post. Again VOLVO i can't thank you enough for your help.

lovely!!!!! good lord I've hit the send button after seeing the jeans update, now I've seen the other post! glad I've been helpful somehow dude! looks like you've had a grand time in Italy! look forward to see those flashy Italian dress shoes as well hahaha!!!!!

Edited by volvo240thebest

@setter, awesome thanks for the confirmation! It's the same as the 1001; I'd honestly go with the 36 but I always err on the side of sizing up. Sorry, not sure if that helps! You'll get maybe 3" shrinkage but they WILL stretch out.

Hi crew...with the current batch of 660s, is the recommendation to go tts or size down 1?

Looking at the one wash measurements (for post soak reference), it seems like size 33 would be right for me, but when comparing it with size 32, the shrink rates seem a bit off, particularly the rise numbers. I understand that the denim will stretch back out easily, but by how much? I don't think I could squeeze into a size 32 after 2 hot soaks...especially if the yoke is narrow. 

I'd consider the 1000xx or 1001xx, but their cuts seem too full for me, and for someone taller.

^ Depending on the fit you are after I would say size down one, or go TTS for a more relaxed fit. My 660's are TTS (29) for the most part and stretched out a shitload after the first wash, and have done so after each wash since.