Warehouse

Medine

Good luck not buying the 1004XX, I told myself the same thing! Ahahaha! (And not to instigate, but I don't believe you own a 20s cut yet...) ;)

Be sure to check out Desolation Row too though, I swear by the 601XX as far as repros go!

I've worn my 800 about 10 times now and they have the most pronounced roping of all my pairs yet (hope it won't wear off too fasten, as most of my jeans fray in the front and back over time). Also I love how some light spots begin to show and how hairy they are in the sunlight. Clearly one of the most beautiful fabrics I know. I only wish it was a bit stiffer and heavier feeling - they feel much lighter than other denim in the same weight range.

I know what you mean Flo.  The 800 has a very soft feel, not unlike Fullcount -- both of which are very comfortable.  Sometimes I like a little stiffer denim with a tighter weave (e.g., Roy Kinda Special).  I also think the Samurai 16 oz. OG denim is not only heavier but a little denser and stiffer.

John

Fit is the most important thing for me , i love flat head's fabric and construction but the tee's dont fit me as well as my dubbleworks but the ultimate t shirts for me are McCoys , fit fabric and construction are all perfect ( for me at least )

Edited by Flash

Hi everyone,

I went to the Warehouse website recently and I noticed that it is their 20th anniversary this year. They are offering an anniversary pair of jeans which I think look great and I am real interested about it. I am a big guy and usually can only fit into size 38 or larger. On their webpage, it states that the jeans will go up to 38.

Then, I click on the reservation link and when I get to the reservation page, they only show up to 36. Does anyone know what happened to 38?

Thanks a lot,

Justin

It might show up when orders are finalized.  We're expecting several other 20th Anniv jeans from WH soon (fingers crossed, I'm getting impatient), so if those BD&D jeans don't get made in a size 38, there will probably be something else that will be.  

I was thinking the same thing, I'd sit tight to see what else comes out.  Not a fan of the green paint in the BD&D jeans.  

Any word aho about when the other models are going to be coming out?  Last I'd heard was "Fall".  I normally wouldn't be concerned, but I'd rather not start off the DWC 5 or 6 months after everyone else.    

After getting on the scale this morning, a few month wait may not be a bad thing. After hanging right at 225 for the past 11 months (no matter now many miles I walked every day), I've suddenly dropped 5 lbs now that the 2' of snow is off the ground and I can start running the dog again.  This is just the start of walking a couple miles a day, so waiting to see what happens with my weight is a good idea.  I drop 5 to more 10 lbs, none of my current jeans are going to fit, and neither would any of the models and sizes I'm eyeing up for the DWC.  

That 2001 has been on my want list for awhile, but that fit looks weird. What size you wearing? Seems like shoulders are way out of whack. But I know photos dont always do fits justice.

Shoulders are definitely big, as you can see it messes with the fit in the upper arms.

It's a size 42. If I remember correctly the size 40 fit okay, but I wanted to make sure I could fit layers underneath.

If you check the measurements, it's like a 20inch wide shoulder (which is pretty large for the size)

The other problem I have is that the back bulges out a ton, this is a problem with many jackets that have a cinch. I might end up sewing down the darted parts from the cinch to the yoke to slim that part down. 

Edited by fineartmajor

I'm a bit out of the loop with warehouse but my 15th anniversary 1001's are my all time favourite jeans. My pair are now retired (destroyed), what would be a good close replacement these days?

^Beat me to the punch! DAMN good! 

This is WH dropping the mic, wiping off their shoulders, and flipping the bird:

http://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=88430067

Trying to find out if this is a new fabric, it does indeed look new although they state its 7x7, 3 cotton blend, 13.5 oz and based off the banner denim as well...The pair itself is based on 1945, end of the war models...

Edited by aho

new 1003xx reminds me the pair I bought about 10 years ago.

P1_zpssu2dmeo1.jpg

P2_zpsxmqplaw0.jpg

I think the fabric was same as 1000(1000xx) strong yarn, but new 1003xx seems banner denim (I am also not sure...) which I have never worn and so am very interested in!

Are they really 20th anniversary models?

I have been expecting something special like new patch, booklet, original box, etc.

Or maybe this is just the beginning...  hope so ^_^

Currently I wear joe mccoy 906, and lokking for new jeans to wear from this autumn.

20th anniversary is my first choice :D

Edited by kameidaclub

2001xx and 1003xx!!!!!!!!

http://info.ware-house.co.jp/ww2model.html

Nice, but if something is meant to be "20th Anniv", I'd like it marked as such, and if you're going to make a WWII jean, I'd prefer it had more of the WWII details.  I expect though that this is the first of two or three 1003XX that will come out this year.  

Too bad that jacket stops at size 42.  If you're going to make jeans up to size 38, can't you occasionally make a denim jacket up to size 48?  

^I'm not going to take it as an anniversary pair until it's marked as such! Like setter says, I expect a few iterations to be released, but regarding the details, this is said to be based on a 1945 transitional model. I'll do some digging to see if I can find an example online of an actual Levi's pair, however there was so much variation and no real standardization between production/across different factories that such a pair is plausible. The archives tend to go pretty deep for these Japanese companies; the one thing I would agree is off though is the hidden rivets, which would've been more rounded at the edges through the war and even up to the earlier 47-51' models. Never seen WH do that though so it might be a cost effective/manufacturer thing for them.

That said, I haven't been as excited by a WH release like this in a LONGGG time which makes me conflicted; Scoop these up, or wait for the official anniversary pair? I've been leaning towards 40's cuts however, so when they release the new 1001XX (HOPEFULLY "XX"), I hope it'll lean that way, and less 50's!

Edited by aho

I agree with you guys, I'm not buying a 20th anniversary pair until it's actually labeled as one.

And I especially agree with you setterman on the jacket, as soon as I clicked the link I though "damn, that's a nice jacket".

Then my second thought was "well it's Warehouse, it'll go up to 42 and that's it". But we've already been over this a few times right?  :D

I'm really hoping for a 1001 20th anniversary model with a Longhorn patch!