Left Field Jeans

scotty2

@milehigh, Trying to find the swatch was going to do a preorder. Cutting in all three fits so no one can get mad at me!

@Andrewrose god you make me fee lazy, but if I had that in my backyard I would be right out there with you, great picts man

@itschris I have the White semi dress horse hide and I think i could kill a man if i threw them at someone, those are built to last generations!

thanks for sharing all the picts! Jonny has set a high bar, check instagram if you don't know what I'm refering to. 

It was such a game changer once I realized I could still wear my Black Marias under my loose fitting chef pants for school. So many benefits; chef pants slightly fit better, my legs are slightly warmer, and my pants are protected from crotch blowout due to the layer of extra pants between them.

Hi ya'll, sorry for the late update post. I got a chance to introduce myself( #3/25), but didn't have fit pics because they were with railcar for a tapering service. I got them back a little over a month ago, but it's been too busy to update. I have been wearing them a lot since I go them back. Here are some pictures I took on a hike about a month ago on 11/7. Besides hiking, I've been biking, working (teaching), and just walking around in them. I'll try to update with pictures after New Years. Cheers!

http://imgur.com/a/37qvD

Edited by mr.d

As if it wasn't hard enough to get time to wear my Black Maria's with a government job (usually only get to wear on weekends), my buddy ordered a pair of Cone Greasers which didn't fit him, so I bought them off of him immediately.  Now I have two pair of Left Field denim to break in.  First world problems....  I wish I knew somewhere in Baltimore or DC that did a Chainstitch hem.  Anyone know?

Just got through with finals. Flew out to Los Angeles for a few days to decompress and I treated myself to a few pickups from Self Edge.

Anyways, here's a quick picture. Black Marias are looking great. I have some holes forming in the back pockets already that I'll take a shot of when I get a chance. Also featuring Flat Head western shirt.

6ni3Xee.jpg?1

@itschris 18 oz black Maria is ready to ship out of Japan just working out the details, I have some 15.5 oz blk/blk sulhur shipping out of Italy as well so trying to line up enought to make all my fit minimums. 

@alb not sure I have to knit up a couple thousand yards to get back into it so it's on the back burner right now

16 oz Cone Natural Indigo denim in all three fits will be here by the end of the year. Taking preorders online now! 

@sardonic smirk, nice wear, did you rinse it? looks much softer now. 

@leftfield im tempted to grab those natural cone even though its a little lighter than id like its such a cool concept. Will be preordering the 18oz for sure whenever they become available! Do you guys do crotch repairs?

On to my monthly update. At this point ive worn them everyday for 2 months straight or 69 days straight to be exact. Im kind of getting some whiskers and my crotch is ever so slightly starting to thin in one section. Ive also been working on some side projects and hope you dont mind me sharing them here also.

20151218_124356.jpg

20151218_124440.jpg

20151218_124609.jpg

20151218_124634.jpg

Projects:

Beeswax candles, these ones are Blue Spruce, still trying to get the proper scent ratios. These will be christmas gifts.

20151217_161344.jpg

Pomade, this is my second test batch. Still working with the ratios of oils to beeswax and everything.

20151218_123151.jpg

Leather goods, so far I made a simple card holder with a center money pocket and a bifold with 4 card slots and center money pocket. I have a longer trucker wallet i need to sew together, if all goes as planned itll be my survival trucker wallet with a knife slot and match slot.

20151210_223326.jpg

20151207_172205.jpg

Im also getting a Chemex brewer for christmas so ill need some coffee recommendations asap!

@itschrisb

fades looking good!

Wow, jack of all trades. Let me know if you ever start making shaving soap.

A knife and match slot in a trucker sounds awesome. Looking forward to seeing it! If you don't mind some cc... your stitching could use some cleaning up. Do you use pricking irons or an awl?

@Left Field

ever going to use unsanforized denim?

Edited by brucenasty

@Brucenasty I use a pricking iron. I need to get an awl and also I need an edge groover I think both will help a lot to clean up my stitching. I also need a stitching pony haha I've looked into shave soap I wanted to make a bunch of stuff for the barber shop I was working at. Let me see what I could whip up!

Here are some updated photos for the Black Maria contest. These Chelseas have about 75 days of wear. They look sort of shiny in the first 2 photos for some reason. Most notable wear is on the cuffs and back pockets. I'll be heading back to Cleveland for the first time in 2 years to see some family for Christmas. Happy Holidays everyone. 

IMG_20151220_122339202_HDR_1.jpg

IMG_20151220_122132464_HDR.jpg

image2.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

It's been awhile since I've signed in, but I needed to.

I recently bought the salt & pepper Miner chinos, and I have to say they are quickly becoming a favourite. The fabric is beautiful (great weight and texture), and the fit is amazing. The craftsmanship is superb; the details are perfect (the pockets, <3). 

@itschrisb

Those will definitely help! I'd also practice making each stitch consistent in tension, needle placement, etc.

Cheers! idk if it's possible but you should concoct some raw denim inspired shave soap :D. some new jeans smell.. a little leather.. sweat and dirt? haha

@PizzaCrust

nice fit man. awesome trucker, what is it? Full Count?

Edited by brucenasty

@max power terry would be brutal in the heat 18 oz, jersey would be a little to slinky I think. 

@bruce I've been on the fence, I would prob want to do them one wash so you could check the fit right away . Otherwise you couldn't return them if they were raw and they didn't fit right after rinse. The unsanforized will stretch out a lot again so it's really hard to dial in. What is your experience with it?