Left Field Jeans

scotty2

@whiskeyriver @Left Field

You guys ever try pu-erh tea? It's Chinese black tea, we call English black tea red tea (weird I know).

@whiskeyriver

I actually lived in Sunnyvale for a few years! Right at the intersection with Homestead Lanes. Then I moved to near Stevens Creek x De Anza. I imagine Tallahassee is pretty different from the bay area.. 

Yeah! I love pu-erh tea!

And man, you are like 5-10 blocks from my Aunt haha. Going there this next summer for a visit with the fam. My mom went to DeAnza college in the late 60s hahaha.

@brucenasty, thanks.  I am not sure who made it.  I picked it up at a gun show about 2 years ago.  I was told the handle is made from Cape Buffalo horn and that the red symbol indicates that the master bladesmith made the entire knife.  I don't know if those things are true but it is certainly a solid blade.  

Edited by crogers0031

20151013_180519.jpg

They finally showed up today! They're a little snug in the thighs so I'm hoping my sizing down and hoping for a little stretch works out.

Otherwise I'm totally pleased with everything.

Anyone in this contest into hotrods?

@whiskyr how's that album, don't know the group but see it's directed by Lee Scratch.

It's amazin'. Considered one of the greatest reggae albums of all time, and rightfully so. Found it for $1 in mint in a Gainesville, FL hardware store of all places, and it's worth a pretty penny.

@whisky shit really, have to check that out then, I saw it in a record store in Phoencia up in the catskills but didn't recognize the musicians. 

@chris yeah 12 oz tartan twill like the old 5 brother work shirts, in the dustbowl shirt. Very limited production. 

@leftfield I've been meaning to check out Deadly Dragon for years now.  I'll definitely do it now with your recommendation.  Also need to check out the Left Field store and the jukebox.  

@whiskeyriver I have the digital version of the album, nice find on vinyl!

We will be at the The Inspiration show by Rin Tinaka in Greenpoint Brooklyn today from 5-9 and tomorrow from 10-5, we will be unveiling the new LF/Vanson Commando Jacket and some natural indigo dyed Left Field bandannas. Best Vintage dealers in the world will be there as well. 

http://inspirationla.com/time-schedules-ny

Yeah! I love pu-erh tea!

And man, you are like 5-10 blocks from my Aunt haha. Going there this next summer for a visit with the fam. My mom went to DeAnza college in the late 60s hahaha.

no way man! small world :D. i don't know if i'll be home next summer, if i am let's get a beer!

don't meet too many people who like pu-erh, awesome! would've sent you some but i just moved away from all my tea.

@Left Field

you definitely don't put sugar and cream in pu-erh, but it is a free country hahah. if you ever want to try something different, you can probably find it at any chinese tea stores. i'm sure there's some in nyc...

So everyone, I'm in Thailand! Right now I'm going through orientation, and then in a few days I'll go to the town with the school I'll be teaching at.

A few pics (sorry no black marias that day, nudies instead):

pU9h6BVl.jpg

RpIozdJl.jpg

Q5LR6KXl.jpg

Edited by brucenasty

Was out camping with a club this weekend, tried to snap some pics of the BMs but none came out too great. 

That flash sale on jackets pushed me over the edge and I picked up the new car club jacket, so I'm pretty pumped for that. Its starting to get semi-chilly at night down here, so I've been wearing my RgT Supply Jacket a lot and I figured some diversity would be nice. We'll see if I can work it into my style.

Let's get this coffee exchange going, my bag is almost empty.

I agree, maybe we should start a Google Doc and pair people up!

@BrenneCooke

is it a stealth supply? double black with the bms!

Haha, its not, but I kind of wish it was.

Its the waxed gray canvas they dropped this season. I like the fit a lot, but the color took some time to grow on me. I picked it up on sale from Need Supply a little back.

Actually, here is a random fit pic from a few days ago. Black Maria's with Iron Rangers. Please ignore the messy apartment.

auf276m.jpg?1

Edited by BrennenCooke

"Those jeans fit you perfectly.  Especially from behind!"- my wife on the Black Marias.

So, we're at two weeks in.  Anyone starting to notice any wear?  It seems like I can maybe see a few places where the denim is starting to lighten- over the back pocket rivets, a faint phone wear line.  They are so dark it is hard to tell if I'm see some lighter colored dirt or actual wear.

They do seem like theyre going to fade kind of fast, im starting to see the same wear as you are only im at 6 days of wear haha Should make for an interesting contest. I have no reason to not wear these everyday unless they start falling apart!

Over on r/rawdenim, we just started the October coffee exchange. I would totally be down to set something up, and could probably set up a quick google doc/interest sheet sometime this week, as it's always rad to get stuff from other parts of the country. I've pretty much tapped out all the main roasterys in the DC/Philly/NY corridor.

I've gotta make up for lost time on the BM's this week. I took them to get tailored, so I should be getting them back this week. Excited to see where everyone is at after a month!

Last night we screened The Prowler, which was a very nice 80's slasher. The plot and acting are pretty bad, but it's a great group watch. We had 15 people show up, 7 of which had never been to our space before. It's really cool to see new people coming out and seeing the studio, hopefully encouraging them to participate and get more involved in the local scene.

Next week we're screening My Bloody Valentine, and then have our 14th Art Show, a Horror-Movie Themed show. I think our final list is something like 30-40 local artists with artwork on display. Can't wait!

Oh yeah, and tonight I'm seeing Dr. Dog, one of my favorite live bands... and it comes with free beer and ice cream! (thank you Ben+Jerry gods)

Edited by lockthegates

Over on r/rawdenim, we just started the October coffee exchange. I would totally be down to set something up, and could probably set up a quick google doc/interest sheet sometime this week, as it's always rad to get stuff from other parts of the country. I've pretty much tapped out all the main roasterys in the DC/Philly/NY corridor.

I've gotta make up for lost time on the BM's this week. I took them to get tailored, so I should be getting them back this week. Excited to see where everyone is at after a month!

Last night we screened The Prowler, which was a very nice 80's slasher. The plot and acting are pretty bad, but it's a great group watch. We had 15 people show up, 7 of which had never been to our space before. It's really cool to see new people coming out and seeing the studio, hopefully encouraging them to participate and get more involved in the local scene.

Next week we're screening My Bloody Valentine, and then have our 14th Art Show, a Horror-Movie Themed show. I think our final list is something like 30-40 local artists with artwork on display. Can't wait!

Oh yeah, and tonight I'm seeing Dr. Dog, one of my favorite live bands... and it comes with free beer and ice cream! (thank you Ben+Jerry gods)

Sign me up for the coffee exchange I can even come on reddit if needed.

Also I saw Dr. Dog three nights in a row at my work and it's not exactly my favorite type of music the entire show was awesome. Are they doing the Swamp Is On thing?

20151026_161856.jpg

The belt I made to wear for the duration of this contest. It's also replacing my tanner goods belt that just wasn't cutting it anymore.

Edited by itschrisb

@itschrisb The belt is looking sweet! About how long did it take to make that?

The longest part was cutting the actual strap from the hide I have and then figuring out where to punch the holes. Overall I'd say about 4-5hrs. If I had straps precut and a template for the holes and stuff it'd probably cut it down to 2hrs. Sticking the edges is the only other time consuming part.

@itschrisb

Good stuff man! Planning on making anything else? I do a little leatherwork myself (I'm pretty bad tho), and a belt was my first project. I went with veg-tan and black hardware as well!

Here it is now with about almost two years of wear:

LaOBqOIm.jpg

@Left Field

How was the Hip Hop show??

Small update on my BMs:

Bm0Qcp0m.jpg

Most noticeable fading is at the ropey ropes:

hm6NwClm.png

Edited by brucenasty