Left Field Jeans

scotty2

Hey, everyone. 

I'm #12, reddit username YahooEmail.

I recently moved to the San Bernardino, California area. In the last few years I've also lived in the Cleveland area and Singapore. I've got a decent little collection of house/techno/jungle vinyl sitting in a closet in Cleveland. I was going to a lot of club nights in Singapore; there were a few promoters that regularly brought in some great underground DJs. 

I dropped out of college in 2006 because I was partying too hard, then I finally got clean and sober in 2009, and now I'm getting back into school. Back in '06 I was an art major, but now I'm starting an accounting degree this semester and working full time at a call-center job. I'm looking forward to doing some skiing at Big Bear this winter.

This is my 2nd pair of raw denim jeans. My first pair were Nudie Straight Alf, and I'm already enjoying the higher rise and extra crotch room in these Chelseas. 

https://imgur.com/a/KeofO

Edited by PizzaCrust

Hey guys! My name is Ron and I'm #19!

I'm from California and just started uni in Boston. Got my first pair of raws in my sophomore year of high school and have been wearing raw denim since. The BM are my first pair of true black denim and so far I am loving them. I have been into weightlifting/ bodybuilding since high school. I also enjoy music and want to get back to playing guitar. I love playing pretty much any sport, but mainly like football, frisbee, and basketball.  Also, used to be really into movies/ tv shows/ videogames. 

Got my black marias about 2 months ago, however I rarely wore them due to a combination of hot weather and not really liking the fit. At first, they fit pretty loose and a lot of the measurements were larger than the ones listed on the LF site. For the last month I have pretty much wore these pants everyday or at least 6x a week. Naturally, as I just started college, these have been trashed. Lots of different fluids have been spilled on them, mostly beer, and some others I couldn't really tell. I haven't soaked them and probably won't until I go home for Christmas. The denim has softened up a lot and as I wore them more and more the fit got better and right now they are my favorite pair. 

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to take any good fit pics, but will try to get some up soon. I am reaaaaalllly excited to see how everyone's pairs turn out!

Edited by theone

#4! I go by the same name on reddit.

I'm in Salt Lake City UT. I'll be hiking and crawling under a car every once in a while, but honestly this pair is going to see the most wear on the walk to work. Getting those open floor plan fades. Should see them nice and worn through winter months.

Yup, brand new. My only pair of black jeans, like, ever. Pocket bags so soft.

BkMjXbm.jpg

3W0GYtO.jpg

Edited by performedbeef

What's up guys.  #5 crogers0031 here.  Call me Chris.  I am technologically deficient and attempted to save my pics to an imgur album with the link posted below.  Hope it works.  Will try to post the pics here too in a bit.  I live on Long Island and when I'm not working I'm usually hanging out with my wife, my 2 year old daughter, and my baby son.  When I'm not hanging with them I'll be with my friends and/or fam drinking or brewing beer, or both.  Really enjoy tasting new and interesting beers.  Love the beach and everything outdoors - hiking, fishing, camping, and the like.  Into all different types of music, especially 1970's and 80's reggae.  I unfortunately wear a suit to work so it's unlikely that I'll win this competition but I'll slip into the Maria's after work for a few hours and weekends and see what happens.  Just happy to be a part of this.  I have a lot of left field gear and I love what they do.

http://imgur.com/a/xZDEf

Hey everyone, I go by the same username on Reddit. The Black Marias are my second pair of black raws after I tried making a pair of UB204s work (hint: it didn't especially since I sized down two sizes smh). I decided to get the Greaser fit to accommodate for my bigger legs. I've been eyeing a pair for the last year and a half and finally pulled the trigger after finding out about the fade contest.

I'm from Vancouver, Canada and I currently attend culinary school after taking the year off and deciding that university wasn't for me. I honestly like going out and exploring the city with really long walks. Plus I enjoy weightlifting, chocolate chip cookies, and hockey (go Canucks go!). I also work retail, which is where I'm most likely to wear my pants the most.

I forgot to take fit photos and I sent my pair off to the tailor to get them tapered. I'm picking them up tomorrow in the afternoon so I'm going to post some pictures then.

EDIT: Here are some initial fit pics: http://imgur.com/a/zRKi3

Edited by LickSquid

Hey everyone. Larry here, #16. I'm /u/lockthegates on reddit. According to my post history, I'm mostly interested in coffee, jeans, and Arsenal FC. That seems about right.

I work a 9-5 government job during the week, and then as a barista on weekends (for anyone from the DMV area: Peregrine Espresso. We make real good coffee). 

I'm passionate about coffee, and specifically about coffee roasting. I live in an art collective/warehouse in Eckington, DC where I have studio floor space that allows me to roast coffee as a hobby. Starting in December, I'll be roasting commercially from the space, so if anyone's interested in testing out some of my first roasts, do say so.

If anyone in the DMV area is interested in watching some spooky scary movies on Tuesday's during the month of October, consider this a formal invitation to our studio. It's a place called Hole In the Sky (hence the avatar). Projectile Dysfunction (our in-house film screening group) is hosting a month-long series of 80's teen slasher/horror movies, aptly titled "Shocktoberfest." These screenings all lead up to our 14th art show, art show FEARTEEN. It'll be a collection of local DC artists all presenting and selling work tangentially related to the theme of horror films. It'll be an awesome time. Here's the FB invite to the first event (https://www.facebook.com/events/799112360198286/), and I'll probably post a link to future events unless that's against the rules or something. If you're in the area, come out, bring friends, say hello. I'll likely be wearing my black marias, because I only only three pairs of pants for fall-spring. 

White Washed's post on Reddit actually got me involved with this contest, and I may end up using his tailor in the future. Looking forward to interacting with everyone.

I'll edit this to post pictures when I get back to DC on Thursday. And if anyone's going to Kurt Vile at 9:30, let's get a beer!

Hi everyone. I'm contestent #9.

http://imgur.com/a/MMnrm- Sorry if the quality is a bit awful.

This is my first fade contest and first pair of Left Field jeans. I've been into raws for about 3 years now (I think?). My other pairs are UB101, PBJ XX-010, Gustin Grey Silk, SExI23, and N&F Black Wax. I've wanted a pair of Black Marias for a while now after seeing how they fade, and as it had been over a year since I bought a pair of jeans, AND there was a discount for joining the contest, I couldn't resist. 

I'm recently out of college and working in the software world in NY. My interests include hockey (Let's go Rangers!), fantasy books, whisky and tea to go with the beverage theme, and a wide assortment of random things.

Good luck everyone!

My reddit name is the same as this one and also if anyone uses Instagram my name is the same on there.

Lockthegates put me down as a certified tester for any roast you make!!

Hey guys, #15 here. Sorry for the delay on this post. First time to participate in a fade contest, but not my first pair of raws. 

I made the mistake of not getting my denim hemmed by the guys at LF, I wasn't sure how long I would actually need them, so right now they are out of town on vacation to be hemmed. Afterwards I will post images. 

A bit about myself, Im 28 living in Dallas, TX, currently a full time retoucher and studio assistant for a photographer out here. I as well am a photographer, my work is linked below in my sig. I shoot primarily fashion and documentary work. Other than that, I ride a 1971 Honda CL350, it helps keep the idle hands busy. 

Only pic I have:

http://i.imgur.com/PqZkcce.jpg

It worked so here's more...

M0IIbIX.jpg

Sweet socks brodie!

Also @lockthegates, are you working this Saturday? I'm interested in visiting your coffee shop man! I'm in the market for some beans and would love to learn a little more about the roasting process from someone with first hand knowledge.

EDIT: I don't proof read  Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by White Washed

Hey everyone. Larry here, #16. I'm /u/lockthegates on reddit. According to my post history, I'm mostly interested in coffee, jeans, and Arsenal FC. That seems about right.

I work a 9-5 government job during the week, and then as a barista on weekends (for anyone from the DMV area: Peregrine Espresso. We make real good coffee). 

I'm passionate about coffee, and specifically about coffee roasting. I live in an art collective/warehouse in Eckington, DC where I have studio floor space that allows me to roast coffee as a hobby. Starting in December, I'll be roasting commercially from the space, so if anyone's interested in testing out some of my first roasts, do say so.

If anyone in the DMV area is interested in watching some spooky scary movies on Tuesday's during the month of October, consider this a formal invitation to our studio. It's a place called Hole In the Sky (hence the avatar). Projectile Dysfunction (our in-house film screening group) is hosting a month-long series of 80's teen slasher/horror movies, aptly titled "Shocktoberfest." These screenings all lead up to our 14th art show, art show FEARTEEN. It'll be a collection of local DC artists all presenting and selling work tangentially related to the theme of horror films. It'll be an awesome time. Here's the FB invite to the first event (https://www.facebook.com/events/799112360198286/), and I'll probably post a link to future events unless that's against the rules or something. If you're in the area, come out, bring friends, say hello. I'll likely be wearing my black marias, because I only only three pairs of pants for fall-spring. 

White Washed's post on Reddit actually got me involved with this contest, and I may end up using his tailor in the future. Looking forward to interacting with everyone.

I'll edit this to post pictures when I get back to DC on Thursday. And if anyone's going to Kurt Vile at 9:30, let's get a beer!

Damn. Envious. Love Kurt Vile. Been a fan since the early War on Drugs days. Have fun!

As promised, my inital self taken (with a timer on the first) pictures:

Indian%2BLookout%2B002.JPG

Indian%2BLookout%2B008.JPG

Indian%2BLookout%2B009.JPG

The weather at higher elevations the past two days has not been great.  Hence I stayed down and added to the Boulder County Highpoints list the past two days.  Now at 25/87.

Indian%2BLookout%2B012.JPG

Indian Lookout Mountain, 6533 feet.

Indian%2BLookout%2B017.JPG

A socked in point 6446. 

Today took the dogs with me and wore the Black Marias to climb point 7985...

BCHP1%2B001.JPG

Much nicer weather. 

BCHP1%2B008.JPG

View from 7985.  Not bad.

BCHP1%2B023.JPG

Looking east to point 7790.

BCHP1%2B028.JPG

The incredible view back southwest from 7790. 

BCHP1%2B039.JPG

Mountains make dogs happy!

Two day total ~18 miles and 5300 feet of elevation gain.  Actually pretty low for me!

Edited by andrewrose

20151008_103442.jpg

Over here waiting for my Black Marias.

My morning setup. Don't hate on the Starbucks I needed something in a pinch!

Edited by itschrisb

Thanks for all the quality post!  lots of interesting people here. We have a few more waiting to be authorized to post on Sufu so hopefully hear from them shortly. 

Regarding similar interest here, just started working out at Planet Fitness, no judgement! Across from the Myrtle/wykoff L so close and can't beat $10 a month.  Not bad good place to blow steam and keep me out of the bar one night a week. 

- Andrew that's some beautiful country there, very lucky to have that in your back yard. 

-@holeinthesky, cool your doing the horror movie night, just saw American Horror Story and I'm hooked, sex, ultra violence and disturbing imagery done well. 

@crogers big into old school Reggae as well. I have Tenor Saw, Eek a Mouse, Dennis Brown, Hugh Roy, Black Uhuru on the Juke in the shop. Check out Deadly Dragon in Chinatown if your looking for old school Jamaican press records. 

@tsxser how's the CL350 running? Just got my 73 Norton Commando 850 up to snuff and it's been a pleasure. Just not fun in 1st in traffic, have to run it high so it doesn't stall out. Sucks it's so far to get to some twisty back country roads but driving in between cars in the city can be a nice rush as well. 

@chris what venue do you work at in Philly? Johnny Brenda gets some quality acts for such a small venue. 

@brucenasty they are having Breaking Convention at the Apollo Theater I'm going to in two weeks. Check it https://www.apollotheater.org/event/breakin/2015-10-18/

@pizzacrust used to be into Jungle back in the day, I lived a couple blocks from 611 records where Josh wink and Diesel Boy worked, was into Shy FX,  LTJ Bukem, SS, Roni size, Adam F.......

well thanks for the enthusiastic participation and good to see people already linking up because that's what it's really all about. best, C

oh also big tea drinker, favorite brands, can't deal with loose tea, although is cool to get it that way. Barry's, Typhoo and PG tips any other dark breakfast tea's to recommend let me know. I've given up on having white teeth. 

@leftfield

Not a huge jungle/dnb guy myself these days, but I've seen most of the guys you mentioned spin over the last 10-12 years.  Breakbeats were huge late 90's when I first was getting involved in that scene  I actually saw Wink spin a couple times this year, he's made a pretty big resurgence, he was the backdrop of an AMAZING night semi-recently in DC, mostly acid house/techno.  He's one of my all time favorites.

@whitewashed: yeah i'm working saturday and sunday at union market... but we have a constant line from about 9am-4pm, so i wouldn't be able to talk much! would love to chat at some point though!

@andrewrose: as cool as the pictures are, i'm mostly just impressed that your dogs were able to make it 18 miles in two days! my experience has been, right around mile 4-5, they just stop walking and don't want to continue.

here are some quick fit pics before i walk out the door: http://imgur.com/a/SsraM

I sized down to a 34" in the waist hoping that they'd stretch a 35" with wear.. but they're fairly easy to button up already. I'm pretty happy with the fit-- had initially thought about getting a stronger taper, but seeing how they look, I think I might ride it out. I'm going to mostly be wearing them with boots anyhow, and I think they look pretty good as is. They're a little loose in the seat, but maybe this is the start of looser fits? 

@leftfield: hell yes to working out. we have a very rudimentary free weight system in our studio, which is really nice when we're feeling restless. a bit of a weird trend recently is that we've mostly listened to yacht rock, rod stewart, and phil collins era genesis while working out. it's been weird.

@leftfield I work at Union Transfer and I used to work at Boot N Saddle. I also used to live around the corner from Johnny Brendas. I've ate and drank there a bunch of time but never caught a show. Thumbs up to the working out thing. Any step in the right direction is a good step.

oh also big tea drinker, favorite brands, can't deal with loose tea, although is cool to get it that way. Barry's, Typhoo and PG tips any other dark breakfast tea's to recommend let me know. I've given up on having white teeth. 

I love Harney & Sons Earl Grey and Imperial Earl Grey.

@crogers0031

That's a beautiful damascus blade. Who made it?

@andrewrose

Black pups to go with black marias :D

@whiskeyriver @Left Field

You guys ever try pu-erh tea? It's Chinese black tea, we call English black tea red tea (weird I know).

@whiskeyriver

I actually lived in Sunnyvale for a few years! Right at the intersection with Homestead Lanes. Then I moved to near Stevens Creek x De Anza. I imagine Tallahassee is pretty different from the bay area..

@Left Field

That convention looks sick! I don't recognize a lot of the names, but Les Twins are amazing. 

Dropped off my Indigo Twill Miners at the tailor today. Will post fit pics soon!

Edited by brucenasty

So I rocked the Black Marias all weekend at ACL and by the end of it they were definitely ready for a wash, so I gave them a quick soak in the tub. I usually try to wait a while longer, but I'm not adverse to washing raw denim when necessary. When the pants were dried they were oh so crispy again, one of the best feelings.

Here are some quick pictures, ~40 wears.

http://imgur.com/a/UCLQD

You can kind of start to notice the vertical fading coming in on the thighs, but they definitely look darker in person than in these pictures. I have some shots of me at the festival and they look practically brand new despite the creasing.