Left Field Jeans

scotty2

ok, just popped my Coors pounder and ready to release the contest winners.  Multiple factors were evauated and it def was close so no hard feeling to those that didn't win. 

Formula Pfaff numero uno, I feel part of the family after all those picts. 

from the winds city runner up Jortslife 

and last but not least our favorite LF Rasta,  Selassie

big up to everyone that participated and shared photos!!!!

I will be PM'ing your prizes shortly.

As always thank everyone for their support it's greatly appreciated over here in the frozen tundra called Queens. Christian

Congrats to everybody!

What an awesome way to begin the weekend. This has been such a fun experience with all of you. Left Field is such a kickass company and the people into the products are a really welcoming group. Everybody's hospitality and enthusiasm made it super easy to delve into the sufu forums for the first time and motivated me to be active in the thread. This was my first competition of this sort and I must say I am hooked! Now the hard part of deciding what to get with the prize...

Thanks y'all!

Thank you! you had the best participation by far! quality posts. great content.

Thanks and congrats to everyone! Looking forward to seeing what everyone picks up! I'm going to echo @Formula Pfaff's comments, great brand that I'll continue to support. I'm going to continue wearing the sweats of course and I'll be sure to post updates.

Also Formula you really do deserve the first prize for the great posts. Enjoy!

slightly off topic (but staying in the indigo-dyed-fleece-goods theme). the TALON zip on the indigo hoodie is noticeably serious, even at first glance. it's bigger and more rugged than the smaller zippers on most hoodies out there. the dark color is way more "repro" (for lack of a better word) than the silver zips you see on most. looks like it belongs on a very expensive flight jacket. had this crazy image of @jyoni sourcing one and making a fly for his sweatpants (or graciously fitting one in someone else's)

Oh boy, installing a zipper would be fun! I haven't seen the hoodie in person. Waxedandriveted has a keen eye in these matters so now I'm very curious.

@guthrie and @Formula Pfaff, pm if you'd like to take advantage of the repair offer! As the contest ends, it brings back memories of the start, when it was just an exciting idea that grew. Call it nostalgia, but because of that we wanted to put a little something in the prize mix too.

I must admit I am struggling to accept a place among the winners. I don't mean to question the judging -- I know the insane amount of love and hard needlework put into them yielded quite a special pair. Just struggling with it. I'm just so blown away by some of the other pairs.

Congrats to the winners and all contestants on the sweatpants contest. Enjoyable to see the way various entries evolved over time.

Christian or others, would love to get further insight into the fit of the BlackBlue greaser collab, given the changes in measurements in the waist and back rise. As I proud owner of 4 pairs of greasers all measured the same, I want to know if there is a major fit difference in the BlackBlue collab. Really want to order them soon, but a bit uncertain.

So been super busy and away from the thread for the last 2 days and been meaning to post some final shots but no real evo update on them since my last pics but ill take some today and post them! Also thanks to everybody for makin this contest super fun! Satchel ill pm you right now. Also just wanted to the Christian and the boys at blackblue for putting this together! And jyoni ill get in contact with you soon.

Edited by guthriegking

So it's that time again... time for a 23oz update!

Those are looking great man. Are you wearing them year round?

Those are looking great man. Are you wearing them year round?

Yep! I wore them through last summer, it was surprisingly comfortable, though at the time they were the only pair in rotation. Now I've got a second pair in rotation so they're not seeing as much wear.

How much are the Crew neck tees going to shrink after first wash?

how do you normally wash your tees?

Also, which tee did you get?

The tube tee measuring chart on left field's website reflects post washing measurements, so that could be a good place to start. 

but just to summarize from the website: if you got the two pack tube tee, you'll lose about 3%

as for the rest of the tees, if you follow the tag instructions, i wouldn't expect much. (someone with contrary experience/knowledge feel free to dispute that)

if you're worried you could do cold gentle wash and hang dry, that way you won't get much shrinkage at all. But, that can be unreasonable because we wash our tees a lot. Going through an ordinary gentle machine wash and low tumble dry, i assume you'll get around that 3% number shrinkage (if you got the tube tees that is).

Edited by waxedandriveted

Damn! Damn! Damn!

Missed the close of the Comp!

Congratulations to the winners - I'll post up some pictures of mine and the girlfriends pairs ASAP.

They're still going strong. Will eventually develope some severe Sofa fades but so far holding up really well.

wasting time on the web and found LF brown selvedge miners in a 30 on the bay! was something of a grail item for me when i was looking for small sizes in a slim, raw, brown selvedge duck (but with no anime breasts on patch ) until I gave up and pulled the trigger on ralphie's version. should have waited it out. 

it says they are seconds, but since they are brand new, the $184 buy it now only might be worth it, considering the rarity.

Edited by waxedandriveted

^C,  i hear you saw andrew at BiG! He says there's some sweet stuff in the works! pumped.

@milehigh, I have the Black Maria fabric inhouse just waiting on a few other new fabrics for the cutting. Both The Chelsea and the Greaser will be cut. Some cool new fabrics in the pipeline! C

I was trying to say that I've needed to share pics of my black marias.  ;)

So here goes--Black Maria greasers first worn on December 6, 2013, probably 12-13 months of wear, 10-11 washes, one small crotch reinforcement by hand):

IMG_1059.JPGIMG_1064.JPGIMG_1068.JPGIMG_1067.JPGIMG_1069.JPGIMG_1074.JPGIMG_1075.JPGIMG_1084.JPGIMG_1087.JPG

Edited by MileHighEvertonian