Left Field Jeans

scotty2

great fades johnny and christian! I've been wearing mine as snowpants this winter.

i've finally stretched them out so i can fit a pair of choctaw longjohns under them. great combo.

I owe everyone a bunch of pictures on here.

Thinking about going a week straight in my sweats.

Love the Black Maria pics, guys. In many ways, the Black Marias are my favorite jeans though I don't have anywhere near the fades Jonny does.

Christian, love the 23oz pics. I've been wearing my new 23 oz. almost constantly in recent weeks - they're perfect for winter. I'll be out shoveling again shortly in them!

Just some quick photos of the sweats with my iPhone on this cloudy day. They need another wash soon which will happen either tonight or tomorrow. They are a little bit more contrasty irl (i.e. last photo is closest to actual color).

15761233084_bd520b361c_c.jpgphoto 1-2 by guthrieking1, on Flickr

15761232804_23cc8cbaa5_c.jpgphoto 2-2 by guthrieking1, on Flickr

16357704636_bac5111d70_c.jpgphoto 3-2 by guthrieking1, on Flickr

16383684175_aa9b063f0c_c.jpgphoto 4-2 by guthrieking1, on Flickr

16357703996_4ca9fd07c0_c.jpgphoto 5 by guthrieking1, on Flickr

We have a lot of seconds online in the Cone Miner ducks, mostly just slub runs and $60 off. This fabric won't be rerun and not much left in first so good price for all you Cone Heads out there! 

thanks for posting copper looking good! 

Haven't taken too many pics of my sweats lately, but did today, and I found a bunch of pics from one of my two trips across the country I did in them.

ay0rZW6l.jpg

somewhere in Nebraska

tf06agcl.jpg

sqfHgngl.jpg

I don't know how to get gifs to work on this site, so here goes

http://i.imgur.com/joFDA2I.gifv

Edited by jortslife

Those photos were from april. The sweats have come a long way. They are really dirty right now from walking in melted snow and mud and haven't been washed for about a month. I walk my dog Charlie a couple miles in them every day, and play with her a lot. Other than that I just wear them basically nonstop on weekends and when i get home from work. The fades I think show up a lot more right after being washed. I think this is 6 or 7 washes, I'll probably wash them this week and then right before the final pictures, which I promise will be taken with a better camera.

F0EJHQLl.jpg

JHmx1Vul.jpg

SjyniEXl.jpg

JCa6smpl.jpg

Ol173iCl.jpg

2M8qxnTl.jpg

z6X3eN2l.jpg

BwTbpwLl.jpg

I've been trying to wear them pretty hard, so a hole has developed in the knee and on one of the cuffs. Also both of the pockets are starting to tear on the bottom. I haven't decided if I'll repair these before the contest ends or just see where they go.

Thanks for looking, and sorry for crowding up the thread.

I don't remember if this was posted at the beginning of the contest but here's a cool blog post about the contest from before it began.

http://www.wgsn.com/blogs/denim/back-in-blue-left-fields-1-year-sweatpants-contest

denim_02_27_2014_zpstyatwzmn.jpg

It's cool to see how much the sweats have faded now looking at a brand new pair.

it includes a nice review of the rules and prizes :

The contest is run in partnership with BlackBlue, and will run all year, from March 1, 2014 to March 1, 2015. You can keep up to date on the progress of contestants and discussions on the Left Field Superfuture thread. As an incentive, Left Field will be offering a 20% discount on the sweatpants for competitors up until March 1, 2014. What’s more, the contest will feature prizes (much more generous rewards than normal, too) from Left Field and BlackBlue for the top three pairs. Entries will be judged on fades and consistent participation.

Left Field Prizes – First: $500; Second: $300; Third: $200

BlackBlue Prizes – First: $500; Second: $300; Third: $200

pretty sweet prizes. i look forward to a fierce last month. 

Edited by satchelbmoore

@copper wow the inside of your cuff is nearly white. Crazy

@jortslife we need more pictures of you posing in front of minivans!

@jyoni plz. I want to see how your pair is turning out.