Left Field Jeans

scotty2

The new shop is looking awesome! Would love to see some more pics.

Heres a quick update on the sweats. All the photos were taken inside after their 4th or 5th wash (can't quite remember) with an iPhone.

15400876718_767b6169fa_c.jpgimage by guthrieking1, on Flickr

15584339841_20c08be0c7_c.jpgimage by guthrieking1, on Flickr

15400875388_b2153e09f3_c.jpgimage by guthrieking1, on Flickr

15563319166_8df5bd7841_c.jpgimage by guthrieking1, on Flickr

15401389820_fd07e68639_c.jpgimage by guthrieking1, on Flickr

14966846743_cacb99b88a_c.jpgimage by guthrieking1, on Flickr

plus a bonus shot of the thigh taken outdoors on the same day. 15587002815_4c371ee6cf_c.jpgimage by guthrieking1, on Flickr

These were all taken about a week and a half ago.

The new shop is looking great, I'll have to stop by sometime.

@guthriegking nice update. I see you have a small tear on your pocket though. Be weary of kids pulling on to them my 2 year old niece ripped mine last week.

qRZa9ob.jpg

jkU4Yvkl.jpg

So I picked up a pair of the sweatpants after seeing way too many cool shots of them in here. Kinda wished I had gone a size down because these stretched out more than I anticipated after only one wear but the tie at the waist keeps them up. Sure are comfy and perfect for the newly cold weather! Been impressed with everything I have gotten from Left Field, need to get myslef a pair of jeans one day.

kAKESw5.jpg

You guys I need to wear my sweats more.  I don't know why but I've had the worst luck with my LF sweat items!  The pants took a load of glue right across the lap.  No big worries, it'll fade out.  The shirt however...ohboy it's an embarrassing tale but I was organizing a jobsite dumpster one morning and lo and behold someone had taken a dump in a home depot bucket...a turd I did not see and which unfortunately tipped out of the bucket and rolled down the front of my sweatshirt.

Emperor, I do have a nice sized remnant of this material.  Let me know if you would a swatch of it to run a patch, and if so what dimensions you need.

Hey guys, haven't posted here in ages, but i'm in the market for a new pair of jeans.  5 years ago i got the LF tweed jeans but gave them away which i've always regretted. so i told myself i'd get a new pair of LF denim when it comes time to retire the roy's i've been wearing for the last 4 years, and that time has finally come.

i'm looking to get a pair of Chelsea's but can't decide which denim to get them in. basically trying to decide between 14 oz. Kaihara, 15 oz. Cone, or 15 oz Kuroki. i'm more interested in the denim hand/texture and how it will age/fade, not too worried about the weight. any input on the different denim would be appreciated.

i read Christian say that the Japanese denim doesnt stretch as easily as the Cone, so do I need to size up for the jp denim? my jeans usually measure between 34.5-35 at the waist when comfortably worn in. generally i am a size 34 and i'm thinking that is the size i need in the Chelseas.

Never heard of these guys...

...but I walked into a denim store just to look around, and ended up walking out w/ a pair of jeans.

Whats the deal w/ the Variety Box?   Has anyone on here actually purchased one?

I like the cut of their shirts, should be a good way to test em out.

Hey guys, haven't posted here in ages, but i'm in the market for a new pair of jeans.  5 years ago i got the LF tweed jeans but gave them away which i've always regretted. so i told myself i'd get a new pair of LF denim when it comes time to retire the roy's i've been wearing for the last 4 years, and that time has finally come.

i'm looking to get a pair of Chelsea's but can't decide which denim to get them in. basically trying to decide between 14 oz. Kaihara, 15 oz. Cone, or 15 oz Kuroki. i'm more interested in the denim hand/texture and how it will age/fade, not too worried about the weight. any input on the different denim would be appreciated.

i read Christian say that the Japanese denim doesnt stretch as easily as the Cone, so do I need to size up for the jp denim? my jeans usually measure between 34.5-35 at the waist when comfortably worn in. generally i am a size 34 and i'm thinking that is the size i need in the Chelseas.

Among those options I'd pick the 15oz Kuroki, though I have a preference for super tight dark fabrics, and the Kuroki fits that well to my knowledge. You could also look at the Collect fabrics, though.

Also, having seen a pair of the tweeds in the wild, what made you get rid of them?

Never heard of these guys...

...but I walked into a denim store just to look around, and ended up walking out w/ a pair of jeans.

Whats the deal w/ the Variety Box?   Has anyone on here actually purchased one?

I like the cut of their shirts, should be a good way to test em out.

I was going to ask about the variety box as well, never did get one, is there anything left?

Now that the Olive Duck Miners have returned (yessss!), I've got a quick pair of queries for the LF crew: 

• You've got size 35 available, but it's measurements aren't featured on the website. So, I'd love to get those details if you get a chance.
  • I also see you're now noting that these are "raw." Is this to say there's some notable shrinkage or that they should be pre-soaked? How much shrinkage might be expected?

Thanks.

Alright, picture time! I've been wearing my 23oz a lot since I got them, and that does include through the southern summer. They've probably had a total of about 5 months of wear, with 2 washes every month since 3 months. If this fabric is anything like Collect's other fabrics, I'm banking on it really coming alive after a lot of wear and a fair amount of washes.

15634577911_07280828ff_c.jpg

15451671460_4721d20184_c.jpg

These are edited to best reflect the color and level of contrast, as usual, though I couldn't accurately reflect the darkness of the fabric such as it is in real life. They're a bit darker than the pictures show, but nowhere near as inky as when they started.

Edited by altoclefchris

@alto looks sick! nice fades,  been rocking my field pants since I blew out my Black Maria's but need to get the 23's out of the closet. 

@broark all the Cone ducks are selvedge, there is no color ID selvedge line but they are a selvage edge done on the Draper Looms at White Oak. These are very slubby. 

@fallenangels, I still would by them fitted, tight from the start, they seem to not overstretch like Cone but for a perfect silhouette. 

Fallen Angels, 

I am about five months in on the Kaihara Vertical Slub Chelseas. I would highly recommend them. Be sure to size up - they are not kidding about them fitting a size down! Stretch has been pretty minimal. I sized them a little tight from the get-go and, like Christian said, they eased into a perfect fit. 

The denim is really interesting. The slub gives it a ton of character. Fades in high-wear areas are a beautiful electric blue. 

I can also speak to the 18 oz Collect Slubs. I tried a pair on when I visited the guys at the store, and it is an awesome denim. It was a tough call between the 18 oz Collects and the Kaiharas for me. 

hes Wes do you have any fading, I wanted to make a post and very curious with all of the vertical grain. 

A bit - they have held color pretty well actually, and I have not washed them yet. Here are a few iPhone shots - they are a little dark. I will try to get some better shots and a few fit pics soon. These are five months, no washes, worn four or five times a week. 

15461622998_ede722e271_c.jpg

15462191600_26a6a588db_c.jpg

15461622978_01b2d9eca2_c.jpg

15624059636_6fe032d3d8_c.jpg

15027606033_84452d6611_c.jpg

And, while we are at it, here is what they replaced -  Nisshinbo Mills Chelseas from Summer 2012 (I think). The fit on these was quite a bit looser than my new Chelseas - closer to the modern Greaser. I finally had to retire them (at least until I can get them repaired) due to a destroyed back pocket and holes starting on the coin pocket and knees. These have the old bandana pocket bags, so those are pretty shredded too. All in all, they were a great pair, and with repairs, should serve well for many years more. 

15461623088_eb2cfe7709_c.jpg

15027021014_dc9f6b6f4c_c.jpg

wes, PM me. My darning machine is up and running. I'd love to fix up your jeans. Jyoni might be intereted as well. Let me know!

@altoclefchris- 23 oz are looking great so far!

@djatone Wow your Nisshinbo's look amazing. I wish mine still fit properly (stupid thighs). 

@satchel can I send in my sweats for repairs too!? :rolleyes:

@wes, Nisshinbo's look great, excellant fades. I think the Kaihara will take some time but imagine the grain will look fantastic. 

@perception waiting for them to come in so i can give exact post wash/dry specs, looking at 2nd week in nov, lots of delays initially with the talon zippers but will be well worth it especially with the sunrise pin at the bottom. 

So it seems I missed out on the indigo duck miners. Will there be a restock in the near future, or is twill my only option?

What is the difference between duck and twill? Less durable?

edit: nevermind searched the thread and found my answer.

Edited by An Oxymoron