Left Field Jeans

scotty2

I'm dumb and ordered the wrong size, hopefully you get my e-mail about changing out the shirt size before you send it out. 

Also the buttons you're using for the chinos look awesome. Definitely going to keep my eyes on them since I'm looking for another pair. 

Hey everyone. I decided to try and be like @happybabyyoga and exercise in my sweats. So I went on a 5 mile run up to Eagle Rock Reservation in them. Dem hills doe :angry: It was about 40 degrees when I went so it wasn't too bad. No one was around to take a picture of me so I did the best I could

ENWoNtb.jpg

xnOiKr0.jpg

A piece of steel from the Twin Towers

YwjfkuF.jpg

9/11 Memorial (If you look hard enough you can see Downtown Newark on the right and Lower and Midtown Manhattan on the left)

LUbzC9n.jpg

After I got back home I washed them for the second time. I noticed the drawstring fade as well. I'll take some better pictures this week.

Hey everyone. I decided to try and be like @happybabyyoga and exercise in my sweats. So I went on a 5 mile run up to Eagle Rock Reservation in them. 

Nice.  I did some biking in mine.  I was hoping to hold out a little longer on a wash but they get pretty nasty looking very quickly.  Can't just brush off the grime like good ole denim.

The first adventure of the traveling sweats with Laurel in Claremont, CA--- hiking in the foothills.  Happy mom, happy girl, happy sweats!

13960518382_02c7322c12.jpgIMG_2122 by happybabyyoga, on Flickr

13983675463_250f755d93.jpgIMG_2123 by happybabyyoga, on Flickr

13983686173_d4da90829b.jpgIMG_2121 by happybabyyoga, on Flickr

Edited by happybabyyoga

LF should do a derivative bandanna with a motif of skulls instead of paisleys etc.  Oh damn, you're welcome haha.  That would be sweet.

btw, are there any skull tees remaining?

Oh, and I'll update my sweats soon I promise.

@satchel we are in, getting some honeycombs, fly and inseam fades developing, will send picts soon.

@jyoni all of the pocket bags in the denim for the last 3 seasons are custom LF Miner bandannas, skulls on the inside of the tacks and rivets. The new pocket bags are much heavier than the hav a hank double faced bandannas we used to use.

@birofunk, i suggest maybe an iron on patch, if they are pretty thin.

@goodrain not until fall

vDMFLsK.jpg

Hey guys - we just put the Cone Brown Duck Miner and Kerouac on sale for $189.99.  Time to clear out some space for new arrivals.  Limited sizes available.  The last run ended up +2" so size with that in mind.

Edit for links.

http://leftfieldnyc.com/products/cone-brown-selvedge-duck-miner-chino

http://leftfieldnyc.com/products/cone-brown-selvedge-duck-kerouac-chino

Edited by pepper davies

Sorry about the sloppy pics but should the tube tees be like this? There's variation in sizing between the two tees from the same pack after a few washes. Also crooked hems on both and different chest sizes. 

http://imgur.com/a/fsIQR

Hey dude - they may show slight variances due to going through the wash, but the tubes are knit at a consistent diameter.  Every piece is knit the exact same way and shouldn't be different in terms of length or width.  I'd recommend giving them a pull at the pit, bottom, and shoulders out of the wash and hanging to dry.  They may also appear a little different depending on how you've worn them and how they've stretched.

Hey dude - they may show slight variances due to going through the wash, but the tubes are knit at a consistent diameter.  Every piece is knit the exact same way and shouldn't be different in terms of length or width.  I'd recommend giving them a pull at the pit, bottom, and shoulders out of the wash and hanging to dry.  They may also appear a little different depending on how you've worn them and how they've stretched.

Alright, will give that a shot. So far they've just gotten a few washes and been line dryed to shrink them as much as possible initially. No wears yet.

Edited by Noctilux

Alright, will give that a shot. So far they've just gotten a few washes and been line dryed to shrink them as much as possible initially. No wears yet.

That should do it.  I whip-snap all my tees before I fold, and don't have any issues.  If you want to avoid all traces of twist we'd recommend handwashing as the machine washing process is what causes it.  A washing machine twists up garments during the wash cycle.  At the end of the day these are jersey tee shirts and the nature of jersey is to stretch with pulling so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Cool video, love the dig at Levi's as well. I definitely recommend taking the M to get to the shop, great views of the hood.

Hey guys - we just put the Cone Brown Duck Miner and Kerouac on sale for $189.99.  Time to clear out some space for new arrivals.  Limited sizes available.  The last run ended up +2" so size with that in mind.

Sorry for the dumb question - does this mean that the waist is literally 2" wider, so size 29 in these = size 31 in most Left Field chinos?

Additional dumb question - why no coin pockets on some of the newer chinos?  My city's archaic public transit system still uses tokens, so I have a hard time functioning without coin pockets when I'm going anywhere outside of walking distance. :/

Dig the video, btw.  I hadn't heard of the band before, kind of a fun updated mix of post-punk and new wave.

Sorry for the dumb question - does this mean that the waist is literally 2" wider, so size 29 in these = size 31 in most Left Field chinos?

Additional dumb question - why no coin pockets on some of the newer chinos?  My city's archaic public transit system still uses tokens, so I have a hard time functioning without coin pockets when I'm going anywhere outside of walking distance. :/

Dig the video, btw.  I hadn't heard of the band before, kind of a fun updated mix of post-punk and new wave.

The pattern was cut from a non selvedge marker that was also accommodating for wash.  They measure +2 so if you wear a 31 you'd need a 29.

The Miner and Field Pant have the coin pocket - no pocket on Kerouac.

Glad you guys are liking the video.  It's been a long time coming...  We had looked everywhere for the right music, and when we finally found that track by Mode Moderne the search was over.  That track is older, but definitely check out their new stuff too.  Strangle in the Shadows is really good.

My LF sweats are hanging out in CA at Scripps College!

Way to go--- Denim Day!

Laurel Schwartz:  "wore the sweats for "Denim Day" in solidarity with survivors of sexual assault"

14010549932_b447b73385.jpg10177333_10203934536630181_2415962383246167320_n by happybabyyoga, on Flickr

14014205904_7c82972be2.jpg10264896_10203934536870187_5666986418609365700_n by happybabyyoga, on Flickr

14014199804_983992d569.jpg10154340_10203934537390200_5565657005858006988_n by happybabyyoga, on Flickr

Edited by happybabyyoga

The pattern was cut from a non selvedge marker that was also accommodating for wash.  They measure +2 so if you wear a 31 you'd need a 29.

The Miner and Field Pant have the coin pocket - no pocket on Kerouac.

Glad you guys are liking the video.  It's been a long time coming...  We had looked everywhere for the right music, and when we finally found that track by Mode Moderne the search was over.  That track is older, but definitely check out their new stuff too.  Strangle in the Shadows is really good.

Cool, thanks for the info.