Left Field Jeans

scotty2

LF Sweats hit the gym trying to get some knee bags...

13801412943_f432e03cdf.jpgimage by happybabyyoga, on Flickr

13801407233_7af365ebb7.jpgimage by happybabyyoga, on Flickr

13801377875_7b604ba9ab.jpgimage by happybabyyoga, on Flickr

13801353995_3c9e2c4d7b.jpgimage by happybabyyoga, on Flickr

13801349345_8420108c0a.jpgimage by happybabyyoga, on Flickr

13801317345_fba5479966.jpgimage by happybabyyoga, on Flickr

Edited by happybabyyoga

My traveling sweats traveled over my fence and next door to my neighbor where she wore them to church for a Palm Sunday service.  Then, to spectate at hockey, visit a roller rink, shop at Target, and then to hang out on her front porch with a glass of wine. 

Now... how many pieces of clothing can be that versatile?!

13837978454_5faa4253c3.jpgScreen Shot 2014-04-13 at 9.45.03 PM by happybabyyoga, on Flickr

Although, she did complain that they were baggy in the butt and not too sexy...

the greaser is the fuller cut, no?

Hey guys.  I made a little gif to illustrate the difference between the two fits.  I know that (especially on the Superfuture community) that people are very discerning when it comes to fit, but the Greaser and Chelsea were designed as fits that almost everyone could wear.

Shown in the gif is our new gold line 17 oz. Cone in size 31.

gq9ghAC.gif

image_zps60430f08.jpg

image_zps947792ff.jpg

Got my 23oz greasers in the mail yesterday ill try and get some fits of these up tomorrow. They are much softer then I expected and so far I'm lovin the sized up fit too! @altochris let's definitely have some friendly competition on these bad boys!

Let's go! It seems like everyone is getting theirs about the same time, so we would probably just need to agree on a period/end date.

How warm are the indigo sweat pants, how suitable for the warmer months?

And how to size them again.

I'd say size down 1 if they're going to be getting a lot of wear.  Mine have stretched out a good bit, but probably wouldn't be the case if I was only wearing them a couple nights a week after work.  I haven't found them to be any warmer than jeans, but we haven't really seen any days higher than 70 in NY yet.

5 mile run in my sweats today led to blue pocket legs again....  ^_^

Any washes yet?!

I'd say size down 1 if they're going to be getting a lot of wear.  Mine have stretched out a good bit, but probably wouldn't be the case if I was only wearing them a couple nights a week after work.  I haven't found them to be any warmer than jeans, but we haven't really seen any days higher than 70 in NY yet.

Thanks

Do you expect much stretching in the new 17 or 18oz fabrics?  Thinking about getting one or both pairs and unfortunately I don't have the luxury of trying a pair on before hand.  I've worn 31's in 3Sixteen ST cuts and it seems to fit me well so I was thinking about the Chelsea cut.

Also, any plans to do some cool new fabrics in the chinos? 

Gracias!

@B2 Cone always stretches a lot more than the JP, I've been wearing the 23's and not a whole lot in the waist in 2 or so weeks. We are working on some heavy selvedge dyed twill in khaki and caramel. Cone 10 oz selvedge twill in Field pant and Miner in cutting and 13 oz olive calvary twill in the Field Pant. I wear all my jeans and chinos tight from the get go because of the stretch. 

^^that makes sense. get choctaw to the people!

in other news. I got my 23oz greasers this week. so dope! not painfully stiff but so solid! i've definitely found myself a bit sweatier than in other jeans. very happy that i sized up from a 31 to a 32. (you're welcome whoever got the last 31! and sorry to any 32s that missed out.)

As expected, the greaser fit is spot on and even the double cuff isn't as crazy as i expected. i think i'm going to forgo hemming them as long as possible. i only fear a bit for the union special but it sounds like andrew has had success hammering/hemming a few pairs.

Also, this is probably my favorite Facebook moment in a long time: pretty sweet to have this randomly come up in my feed. we should sign her up for the contest! special thanks to susan for inspiring shelisa at pho-riday last week.

136752C0-21B8-457F-B9A9-5F661BBF33FF_zps

back to the 23oz: i'll try to get some more detail shots and obviously fade shots as i can.

DCC42316-D997-405A-AAF9-DDFF7D9A544D_zps

92DC1770-F00B-4E49-859F-CDA6C5632CEC_zps

53DC83B7-21E2-42D4-A003-F7BAC76AF123_zps

9F2E95A4-8249-4352-BFE8-5A91C602D399_zps

329256CE-5A1D-465B-8AEA-E634A4D365B0_zps

@satchelbmoore nice tretorns with the greasers! 

Welcome to Shelisa!  Great to have the female vibe in the competition.

On Saturday, my LF sweats are traveling to Claremont, CA for an extended stay at Scripps College!  I can't wait to see what happens to them in CA.  :biggrin: 

Peace,

Susan

Any kind souls out there with access to the 17oz. Cone care to share some close-ups or natural light pics? I'm having a hard time getting a sense of the fabric from the swatch LF posted alongside the fit pics. Anything distinctive about this stuff aside from the weight? It's tricky to see if it's much different in character from the 13 oz & the 15oz. Thanks in advance...Cheers.