Left Field Jeans

scotty2

@andrewrose

those are looking great man!

@LickSquid

that's a perfect fit and those fades are nice as well

@Left Field

Will you guys be having a sale for Memorial Day?

edit: saw the IG post... when's your next sale for everyday folk :D

edit2: nevermind I see that M1610 is for everybody :D

Edited by brucenasty

Hey all!  I'm hoping to buy a pair of left field Black Maria's and was hoping that some of you all would be able to offer sizing/fit advice.  My favorite jeans are Samurai 710's in size 34 and I'm debating between the Greasers and Atlas fits.  I'm hoping for a slightly similar cut/fit to the 710's.  Any suggestions would be great!

the Greaser/Atlas thighs are gonna be bigger than the 710 ... leg opening will be tighter on the Atlas, leg opening on Greaser will be similar to 710. The closest Left Field offers to the 710 fit might be if you get some Chelseas and dont size down

Hey all!  I'm hoping to buy a pair of left field Black Maria's and was hoping that some of you all would be able to offer sizing/fit advice.  My favorite jeans are Samurai 710's in size 34 and I'm debating between the Greasers and Atlas fits.  I'm hoping for a slightly similar cut/fit to the 710's.  Any suggestions would be great!

IMO, the greasers would be very close. Compare sizing charts between a 710 and the BM greasers to get the most accurate fit

Finally got around to taking some post wash photos on my apartment patio. I originally had pre wash photos that I took indoors but the lighting was so bad I decided to scrap them altogether.

wPl3Bhy.jpg

i2rrADz.jpgI decided to cuff them as well to show a bit of the roping.

Y3KnrN3.jpgZtWHCVV.jpg

Some top block photos of the front and back. The slight indigo staining at the back is from my Apolis chore coat.

MKxRfB3.jpglbVdAx6.jpg

@licksquid @performedbeef ......... good looking jeans, my dudes 

I'm waiting to get mine back from some minor repairs ... I used a local guy 'cause I thought it would be the quickest option and now he's running behind :sad:  :sad:  :sad: ...I should have sent them to Left Field 

... also somebody bought the last Black Maria Muleskinner jacket in my size during the sale over the weekend, which I had been thinking about for awhile ... If you're reading this, wear it hard, ya bastard  :laugh:  :tongue:

@lickquid- looking great!

@performedbeef- also looking great!  It's been hitting 80's here, and I've been sweating, so I feel your pain.  Can't wait for full summertime and suffering!

@christian- congrats on 10,000 followers!  I saw your post on twitter.  Obviously, I really like what you're doing.

Eight months, how time flies.  I still haven't washed or soaked, just some spot cleanups here and there.  Estimating 180 days of wear so far.  I felt like I was falling behind many of you since it seemed like I was loosing color more slowly, but I think they are really starting to pop at this point.  Shot outdoors in shade.

Blk%2BMaria%2B010.JPG

Left side and ever stylish socks and slides.

Blk%2BMaria%2B011.JPG

Top block.  I keep my phone in the left pocket (on r) and lip balm, cards, and pen in r pocket.

Blk%2BMaria%2B012.JPG

Left side.  You can see the pen line pretty distinctly here.

Blk%2BMaria%2B019.JPG

Front.

Blk%2BMaria%2B023.JPG

Back. 

Some details:

Blk%2BMaria%2B015.JPG

Rivet below left pocket.

Blk%2BMaria%2B016.JPG

Coin pocket.

Blk%2BMaria%2B021.JPG

You can even see wear on the pocket bags on the inside!Blk%2BMaria%2B024.JPG

Rivet just poking through back right pocket.

Blk%2BMaria%2B029.JPG

I've continued to get some burnishing on the top button from my belt.

Cont'd....

I'd say summer is here at lower altitudes, but winter still reigns above.  I've been largely out of action since January with a foot injury, but have started moving back to active recovery.  It's good to be outside. 

Lumpy%2B2%2B056.jpg

On Memorial Day, I spent some time in Lumpy Ridge, just outside of Estes Park, CO.  This photo was taken from the top of "East Gemstone", and shows Gem Lake below, and "Middle Gemstone" and Gem Peak.  The snow capped mountains behind are part of the Mummy Range, which holds eight peaks over 13,000 feet in elevation, plus many other lower peaks and some beautiful alpine lakes. 

Sprague%2B001.jpg

Last week my friend Dan and I set out for Stones Peak, the highest and farthest point to the right here.  We were amazed at the amount of snow in the area- state snowpack is at 197%.  He is doing his first 100 mile ultra marathon in two weeks and wanted something with some distance and elevation gain to take it "easy" on.

We ended up deciding Stones was out since the ridge we'd have to cross was quite snowy and we didn't have crampons or ice axes.  Instead, we stayed on the continental divide to climb Sprague Mountain, 12,713 feet.  It's around 17 miles round trip with ~4,000 feet of elevation gain. 

Sprague%2B009.jpg

Looking south from the summit.  We both wore trail runners, and had firm snow on the way up, but it was pretty slushy on the way back and our feet got soaked.  Either way, it was alot of fun and great to be back in the mountains again. 

And one last piece of good news.  I got the dispatch job!  I start on June 21st.  I am pretty excited for it, looking forward to serving the citizens of my city. 

Hope you are all doing well!

Edited by andrewrose

• 2 weeks later...

I got my contest Black Marias back from Denim Doctors in LA. They were running behind and ended up taking about 30 days to get the jeans back to me. The customer service was a bit lackluster but the repair work is absolutely fantastic. 

≈ 220 days of wear // 2 washes

IMG_20160617_121915016.jpg

IMG_20160617_121047.jpg

Back pocket repair:

IMG_20160617_111512.jpg

crotch repair/reinforcement:

IMG_20160617_111441.jpg

Edited by PizzaCrust

Christian, neg this if i'm out of line and i'll delete it but i'm happy to darn up anyone's left fields extra cheap and extra quick.

th_Screen%20Shot%202016-06-18%20at%2012.

th_Screen%20Shot%202016-06-18%20at%2012.

Edited by satchelbmoore

daaaang nice updates everyone. I gotta step my game up!

I got my first motorcycle! Honda Shadow 600c. Love it so far, excited to see where the motorcycle path leads.

Here's me and the bike. I'm sportin my BMs and a LF tube tee.

byNVz60.jpg

-thanks for the kind words Andrew, some sick cell phone fades and insane hiking picts, I need some mountain air in my life really soon

-Congrats on the bike Bruce, watch out for too much speed and people blowing stop signs, been in two accidents in Brooklyn for that

@satchel no problem you do a great job!

@pizza looking good, nice patina! I got a med black Muleskinner from a factory the other day if that fits, making more for fall. 

@spirit about 7 3/8

@alb I got large? 

Its wild to think that we're closing in on a year! Everyone's pairs are looking great. Some of the best black on black fades I've seen from any pair.

@Bruce sweet bike man! I really like that western you have on too.

@Pizza @Andrew - Looking really good. 

My pair is starting to look pretty thrashed and a lot of character is coming out. I'm loving the way they're going but I think I'll definitely be taking advantage of the contest discount to pick up another pair in a few months, especially since its looking like another crotch blowout is inevitable. 

These pictures show the repairs that Left Field did on the back pockets a few months back which have become one of my favorite details. I also really like the whiskers on this pair - the way the fabric around the whiskers is still almost pitch black provides some really cool contrast. I also love how the black on the buttons is chipping away. They are mostly copper colored now.

In late August my buddies and I are planning to road trip out to California, and since I'm submitting my final pics a month or so early I think that will be a good send off for this contest. Until then I'll continue braving through the 100 degree Texas heat in these guys. I also recently picked up a job @ an outdoor coffee shop so I've been moving around in them / sweating in them pretty much daily. 

I'll be washing them sometime this week - the 4th wash. After that I'll try to finally get some fit shots.

ZLG9Y2Ah.jpg

wdmnPWVh.jpg

YG4SmCHh.jpg

qaxVsWQh.jpg

(the pen that busted in my pocket 6 months ago is starting to become more noticeable)

rV0j1dXh.jpg

Z80p77Zh.jpg

Just realized these are only pictures of the top block. I promise I haven't turned these into jorts.

Edited by BrennenCooke

• 2 weeks later...

Here with some photos of the 2012 duck chino contest pants, freshly laundered.

I kept wearing them after the competition ended - they were a bit more workplace friendly than jeans.

Good thing I keep a blog, because I did not remember too much about the fabric:

"Our particular fabric is made at Cone’s famous White Oak plant – 12 oz (#7), indigo warp & weft dyed in the darkest indigo bath that Cone has ever done. Word from Cone is that the dyeing of the weft yarns was particularly tricky, and they will not be doing a true indigo dye for the weft yarns in the future."

Anyway, here they are, 3.5 years later. I really like them, both the pants and the fabric:

owmTB2Y.jpg

kUQaOKa.jpg5g94niZ.jpg

gUhvkbZ.jpg

Here with some photos of the 2012 duck chino contest pants, freshly laundered.

I kept wearing them after the competition ended - they were a bit more workplace friendly than jeans.

Good thing I keep a blog, because I did not remember too much about the fabric:

"Our particular fabric is made at Cone’s famous White Oak plant – 12 oz (#7), indigo warp & weft dyed in the darkest indigo bath that Cone has ever done. Word from Cone is that the dyeing of the weft yarns was particularly tricky, and they will not be doing a true indigo dye for the weft yarns in the future."

Anyway, here they are, 3.5 years later. I really like them, both the pants and the fabric:

owmTB2Y.jpg

kUQaOKa.jpg5g94niZ.jpg

gUhvkbZ.jpg

Fantastic !!!!,!