Left Field Jeans

scotty2

Shout out to @leftfield for being awesome, I got my t-shirt package in the mail today!

Also be on the look out for my jeans for repair I shipped them out today.

Hi Gents.  5.5 months in.  Still haven't washed/soaked.  Wearing 5+ days a week, so I'm guessing somewhere around 120 days of wear.  These are Chelseas, fit like a glove.

Blkmaria%2B002.JPG

I was working in the garage when these were taken, so they are a bit dirty.  Outdoors in natural indirect light.

Blkmaria%2B005.JPG

Blkmaria%2B006.JPG

Blkmaria%2B007.JPG

Blkmaria%2B008.JPG

Blkmaria%2B009.JPG

Indoors in natural light.

Blkmaria%2B015.JPG

Blkmaria%2B016.JPG

The left side is looking quite good IMHO. 

@pizzacrust, performedbeef, itschrisb, BrennenCooke, brucenasty- all looking great.  Bruce, cool story behind the tattoo.  My old roommate had a fairly large handpoked tattoo on his back and said it was brutal.  It was on/over his shoulder blades, and though I've heard from others that area really sucks, it was actually a relief for me after having ribs and lower back done in the same session!

@Christian- thank you for your generosity.  As soon as I can get someone else to take some pics for me, I will take advantage of that offer. 

I'm reading this book right now:

Blkmaria%2B010.JPG

Definitely worth checking out if you can find it at your local library or feel like buying it.  It seems like alot of you (much like myself) are into making various things vs. buying them.  This guy is the father of modern American furniture.  Built his house from the ground up, and every single thing in it.  Very inspiring.  @itschrisb if you have a car, his home/studio was made a national historic landmark in 1993.  Located in Malvern.  I went to visit when I was in school.  It's awesome.

Just wanted to truly thank the Sufu community for all the support,  photos posted, hosting three contest and for all the new friends we have made and have come together on this thread. We have reached a 100 pages and that is a shit ton of post and pictures and for our gratitude we are offering 15% off to the Left Field Sufu community until midnight thursday.  code SF100  best Christian

@andrew nice phone fades! thanks for sharing, going to send my friend in Philly a link to that museum, that place looks sick! 

Sad I'm going to have to put my blackxblue on hold for 18months for the ooe contest I got myself into.

But I think that will work out well. These dark jeans are good for winter. Hot in the sun..

Been breaking them in as hard as I can this past month. Hopefully it will be enough to look good in pictures, I think they are pretty hard to photograph.

I still think it's really cool the bandana pockets have whisker fades on them too.

I'm really afraid to wash them though, not too hot on that pair posted on the website, that blue is a little weird, was hoping to have more contrast before the first wash, so if you guys have any more washed pairs to share, please do!

Well guys, looks like my crotch is finally gone. I'll send it out to get patched up before the hole gets too big.

Where do y'all usually go for repairs?

Railcar seems like the cheapest at the moment. I'm also looking for a relatively quick turnaround - something about the fit on my Strike Golds just doesn't feel right after being in the Chelseas for so long.

Well guys, looks like my crotch is finally gone. I'll send it out to get patched up before the hole gets too big.

Railcar seems like the cheapest at the moment. I'm also looking for a relatively quick turnaround - something about the fit on my Strike Golds just doesn't feel right after being in the Chelseas for so long.

Left field does crotch repair and has quick turn around. I sent my Black Marias in recently to get repaired and they did an AWESOME job. I believe it's cheaper than railcar also.

Make sure you send them somewhere that takes 2 months to repair so the rest of us can get caught up to you!  Of course, just kidding, I think your pair is my favorite so far. 

Looking forward to seeing the next batch of updates from all of you.  We're now at six months!  How time flies.

Here is a 6 month update for my contest pair of Black Maria Chelseas. They've had one hand wash about 4 months ago. I got laid-off from my desk job at the end of 2015, but I've been doing some part-time stuff that has me moving around more so the fabric is showing some more wear. I also started wearing them lower on my hips which has been a lot more comfortable. 

IMG_20160409_142712.jpg

IMG_20160409_142503.jpg

IMG_20160409_141842712.jpg

IMG_20160409_144440.jpg

Edited by PizzaCrust

@bruce

@brennen 

thanks guys 

ya I might have left the inseam a bit long and a lot of the fabric gathers around the knee but its causing some interesting wear  :)

Good luck with the rest of your school-year, guys. I'm on spring-break this week just catching up on errands

... This is my errand today - going to get this stuff framed. Ween's management had Gene and Dean and the rest of the band autograph some stuff for me in exchange for a Twitter account I had that they wanted to use  :P

10169375_10103844601819033_6642775439878

Edited by PizzaCrust

• 2 weeks later...

^ haha dope stuff Pizza.  Never heard of Ween but I'm digging the artwork.

Guys, I just got back from South East Asia and I'm home in Cali.  Forgot how beautiful America is.. truly the greatest country in the world.  Came home to some sick LF gear... thanks Leftfield!!

ecOga1l.jpg

Here's a new bandana next to a used bandana.

AV4ToVH.jpg

Before going home I decided to go on a short trip to Cambodia with my friend.  Asked her to take some shots of me in my BMs while I frolick in some temples and some of em turned out pretty cool.  BTW, if you're considering wearing black jeans in 100F heat... DO IT hahahaha

y5BvIxX.jpg

bGbGCnj.jpg

heGVPN0.jpg

OTMvCjb.jpg

SQ7myOl.jpg

FY8RavJ.jpg

Also, if any of you guys are martial art/fight fans.. I had my first Muay Thai fight on my last week in Thailand. Here it is if y'all are interested to watch.

I also wrote a reddit post on my overall denim experience in Thailand. Here's a link if you want to check that out as well.

Good job rocking the Black Marias in the Cambodia heat! I visited Angkor Wat in 2014 when I was living in Singapore ... I drank some bad water and got insanely sick for half my trip... at one point I had to make a pretty treacherous descent from a temple at the top of a steep trail to get to a toilet  :P

Edited by PizzaCrust

Also, if any of you guys are martial art/fight fans.. I had my first Muay Thai fight on my last week in Thailand. Here it is if y'all are interested to watch.

I also wrote a reddit post on my overall denim experience in Thailand. Here's a link if you want to check that out as well.

Nice! I do Muay Thai as well, but mainly focus on Judo and BJJ at the moment.

Has anyone seen/have the new LF denim nep work shirts? Thoughts?

@brucenasty sick pictures, thanks for sharing and going to the extra effort of wearing your jeans. I love going to old Temples and for those who haven't seen the fight, KO motherfucker! nice fight, kicked his ass with two knock downs. Not too shabby for a first fight. 

For anyone who's asked we are getting restocks of Black Marias in Both 14 oz Collect and Blue Selvedge and as well as the 18 oz Collect. Wish the timing was a few months earlier but lots of delays on the 18 oz. 

Also anyone posting on instagram please use #blackmariacontest

Lastly if anyone has a pair of the Cone 10 oz deadstock indigo chino's with good fades, please hit us up at [email protected]

keep up the good work and post! best, LF

Question about sizing for the Black Maria greasers.  I'm a comfortable size 34 in Samurai 710's (mine have a waist that measures right around 17.5)  I'm wondering how much the Black maria 14 and 18 oz denims stretch, and what size to go for.  Thanks in advance for the help!

Hey guys.  Sorry for my lateness in the 6 month update.  Here it's almost time for month seven. 

The past month has been one of the worst and most stressful of my life.  My wife and I were set to close on our first house on April 4th, but I was fired from my job of almost 4 years a week before that.  Which means we no longer qualified for the loan we prequalified for.  We'd already given notice to our landlord and he'd found someone to take our place.  For a few days, it looked like we'd have no where to go at the end of April.  

Fortunately, a family member was able to help us out with some money, so we were still able to move forward with the house, just in a slightly different manner.  We closed on April 8th, and since it's 1.5 miles from the place we were renting, took a day to move all the big stuff and have been bringing smaller stuff over in loads as well as cleaning up the old place.  Hopefully we won't be moving for a long long time.  Moving really sucks.  Next time I think I'd rather do it all in one go, even if it is just a short distance. 

But we're here and getting settled in.  Still have quite a bit to unpack and go through/get rid of, since at the end it was pretty much shove stuff in boxes and bring it over.  Finally got internet access back- went almost three weeks without!  I didn't know Prince had died until he was already cremated!

Found a new job, which I am much happier at, though the money won't be sustainable for long.  I'm in process with the city we live in to become an emergency dispatcher, so hopefully that will work out.  Seems that like would be very rewarding and fun.  Law enforcement hires at a glacial pace, as they really want to make sure you are on the up and up.  I first tested for the position in early February.  We'll see.

Anyway, I did take these photos earlier in the month.  Thanks for reading and bearing with me.

6mo%2B002.JPG

Front- these were a bit dirty in all the photos taken.  Still no washes/soaks at 6 months in.  Finally got a small hole over my cell phone on the left pocket.  It doesn't appear to be widening at this point.  Also had one of the back pocket rivets wear through.  I think it adds to the character.

6mo%2B003.JPG

Closeup left pocket area- you can see the small hole.

6mo%2B004.JPG

Closeup right pocket area and some dirt.

6mo%2B005.JPG

From behind.  Interesting to see the variation in the combs.  The right leg looks to have tighter and straighter creases.  The left looks to have more open and somewhat curvier folds going on.  At least to me.  As you can see on the front photo, the left knee is definitely more worn, as I tend to kneel on that leg first.  Don't know if that has something to do with it. 

6mo%2B007.JPG

6mo%2B006.JPG

Closeups- left (top) right (bottom).

6mo%2B013.JPG

Left side.

I promise I will be on time for month seven!

@pizza and @bruce- looking great gents!  Really cool how we are all getting such distinct wear when starting with the same product at the same time.  I guess that's what it's all about!

@christian- great jeans, I love them!

Question about sizing for the Black Maria greasers.  I'm a comfortable size 34 in Samurai 710's (mine have a waist that measures right around 17.5)  I'm wondering how much the Black maria 14 and 18 oz denims stretch, and what size to go for.  Thanks in advance for the help!

I sized down to a 29 in the 14.5oz Black Marias and I've had 2 inches of stretch in the waist

Hey guys.  Sorry for my lateness in the 6 month update.  Here it's almost time for month seven. 

The past month has been one of the worst and most stressful of my life.  My wife and I were set to close on our first house on April 4th, but I was fired from my job of almost 4 years a week before that.  Which means we no longer qualified for the loan we prequalified for.  We'd already given notice to our landlord and he'd found someone to take our place.  For a few days, it looked like we'd have no where to go at the end of April.  

Fortunately, a family member was able to help us out with some money, so we were still able to move forward with the house, just in a slightly different manner.  We closed on April 8th, and since it's 1.5 miles from the place we were renting, took a day to move all the big stuff and have been bringing smaller stuff over in loads as well as cleaning up the old place.  Hopefully we won't be moving for a long long time.  Moving really sucks.  Next time I think I'd rather do it all in one go, even if it is just a short distance. 

But we're here and getting settled in.  Still have quite a bit to unpack and go through/get rid of, since at the end it was pretty much shove stuff in boxes and bring it over.  Finally got internet access back- went almost three weeks without!  I didn't know Prince had died until he was already cremated!

Found a new job, which I am much happier at, though the money won't be sustainable for long.  I'm in process with the city we live in to become an emergency dispatcher, so hopefully that will work out.  Seems that like would be very rewarding and fun.  Law enforcement hires at a glacial pace, as they really want to make sure you are on the up and up.  I first tested for the position in early February.  We'll see.

Anyway, I did take these photos earlier in the month.  Thanks for reading and bearing with me.

I agree, moving sucks! Good luck with the dispatcher position. The combs are looking good!

@andrewrose, shit sorry to hear all the stress but thank god it worked out with the house, getting a mortgage these days is brutal. Looking good on the Black Maria's! good luck with the new job man! 

Got my jeans back from Left Field today. Super quick turnaround and it looks like they did a killer job - I'm really happy I ended up going with them.

I'm thick in the middle of finals this week so I won't have a chance to take any decent pictures for a few days, but I managed to snap some with my phone on the way out the door. 

BhCty0Ml.jpg0mYCBZTl.jpggbNA5dBl.jpg4ElWq2Cl.jpgOM50dETl.jpg

I've been super busy the past few weeks. Got elected president of an organization on campus here. Won a superlative for "Best Denim" at a formal the other night. 

Everyone's jeans are coming along really well. Stoked to see the pairs in five months!

Well my crotch has blown out for the second time so i havent been putting a whole lot of time into them lately. I will be posting 6 month updates in the next few days though. 

@brennencooke yours are looking great man! 

@itschrisb damn man, I think you need the Charles Atlas fit. I have Black Maria's coming in about 10 days and will give you the Philly hook up since I think the Chelsea's were the wrong fit. 

Looking for fade picts and will post up on instagram.  15% off coupon to anyone that has good fade picts of the Cone indigo selvedge chinos. 

@leftfield I appreciate it man, they fit great when i first got them but after a few wash/drys theyre a little snug but i still have to wear a belt for the waist its such a pain!

Im going to try and take some pictures today if the weather cooperates.

Hey guys.  Seven months and a few days in.  For something different, I shot these all in direct sunlight.

BLK%2Bmaria%2B004.JPG

You can definitely see more wear on the left knee than the right. 

BLK%2Bmaria%2B006.JPG

Top block.

BLK%2Bmaria%2B007.JPG

BLK%2Bmaria%2B008.JPG

Right side and strap in there.  Whoops!

BLK%2Bmaria%2B010.JPG

Left side top block.

Still no washes/soaks.  At this point, maybe I'll go all the way?  I'd estimate ~160 days of wear.  Well, I now (and for now) work over nights, so it's a different day when I go in than it is when I leave.  I had to get up at 830 today to meet a guy working on our swamp cooler.  I don't start work until 9pm tonight.  I am not a napper.  It's going to be interesting...

And a small update on my last entry- I got a conditional offer on the dispatch job.  Still more testing to do before it's for sure.  Feeling good, but I thought I'd feel more excited about it.  Ah all.

Looking good Andrew, Chris! 

We are getting in restocks of all Black Maria's in 14 and 18 oz. 18 oz is limited, there was a lot of issues with the development  at the mill so this may be a one time shot. As thanks for your participation all active members can hit me up for a 20% off coupon towards another pair of Black Maria's all weights and styles! Might need another one after this contest! Best, C