Left Field Jeans

scotty2

i've expressed my interest in LF having a STF option, i'll do it again since it's come up once more

there are a lot of denim labels that have "raw/rigid" options, but very few that have unsanforized, STF options

LVC and ROY are the only ones that i'm aware of that use Cone unsanforized; am i mistaken here?

getting in about 7 styles of denim this week including special SUFU size 37, just updated 13 and 15 oz  Cone greasers.  quick question to the peeps, any interest in a zipper fly jean, with a vintage style zip? 

Is the 17oz Cone among these soon-to-arrive styles, by chance? To be honest, I'm actually hoping they're not going to show up for some time. I'm enjoying my Black Marias too much and want to defer any purchases until this summer. However, I'm starting think my students at the university where I'm on faculty are beginning to wonder why I show up to class every day in the same jeans.  

However, I'm starting think my students at the university where I'm on faculty are beginning to wonder why I show up to class every day in the same jeans.  

christian, can we get some suede knees on some jeans? 

@groominim the shrinkage variance has been my concern. On the stf jeans you bought did it have the post shrink size and bathing instructions on how to achieve that size was it warm or cold soak?   I hate to bleed out the indigo on a hot soak but would suck taking a cold bath.   Did you return them since they didn't shrink to the right size? 

@shorty I can get some Cone STF and play with it, see how accurate i can get post shrink. 

@satchel we could prob work that out how much coverage are you looking for?

@milehigh 17's are in stock now just need Andrew to shoot the pict and his pup just ate some rat poison at the shop so little emergancy

To Left Field

I have only bought LVC loomstate products which only states the actual size prior to shrinkage.

I'm going to try PBJ soon, but I wouldn't fuss over wether it shrinks to tagged size or not.

Also, loomstate almost always stretches back to waist size eventually, so shrinkage is essentially moot.

I don't necessarily think that stf cone is boring, but I much more enjoy some slubby or textured unsanforized. Do any of the Japanese mills offer this for sale as they do their Sanforized options? For instance does collect only reserve its unsanforized denim for momotaro?

actually the 23 oz Collect was unsanforized and I had them sanforize it, so many times it's an option. I agree, a lot of the Cone denims are boring and have relayed this to them numerous times but they are content on running the same old same old since they are running at max capacity. We have a potential US selvedge Mill in the running but haven't received any production yardage yet. So maybe that will help them step up the product development. 

Edited by Left Field

yeah regarding the Cone Khaki seledge bull denim it's cutting for fall, it's just a bitch to find a piece dyer(fabric not garment) that can handle selvedge width  but I think I have it worked out. I'm going to run some sample yardage shortly. Yes it's totally insane that there is only one Mill in the US running selvedge. I can't believe the Japanese Mills haven't set up shop over here. They would be killing it! 

Great news on the bull denim, from the sounds of it that's what I've been searching for for so long!  There's always been something that doesn't quite work, be it fit, zipper fly or some other details.

Japan is a great example of competition in the mill market, so many different mills providing unique approaches.

Maybe this will finally force Cone to realize there's more than what they're always doing.

That being said Roy gets some interesting unsanforized fabrics from Cone, but it's just about the only example.

Hey Guys,

This thread has really been going strong from the start. Nice work.

My apologies for the slow start & lack of fits.

We bought a house, well, are in the process of...and have moved to my Dads for a few weeks in the meantime & are living out of boxes.

The house purchase is directly accredited to Leftfield NYC Sweat Pants - We put in our offer and haggled with the Estate agent for the flat on 22nd Feb. Our initial offers had been rejected flat out. Feeling pretty Pissed-off we took to watching films/hibernating, each wearing our LF-NYC's for the first time.

and....20 mins after putting the Sweats on the agent called and said that the seller changed their mind and the place was ours!!!

Magic F'ing Indigo Sweats - we also saved a few quid in the process too!

Anyway some fits - mine have had 2 washes, 2nd with hot tumble - I sized up to a large, and am wearing a few hours a day

eTcgBxd.jpg?1

kCSS1LV.jpg?1

Jh2c2kf.jpg?1

qGLHVxw.jpg?1

Robyns (bluebun29 on Instagram) here are still Raw & been worn a few hours daily too.

XQBPudL.jpg?1

RIGWLgA.jpg?1

xuryHjS.jpg?1

VI1vm0n.jpg?1

Proof that i havent taken this girls picture from the Net.

PdBVilD.jpg?1

( Alt Fit - Better fit maybe - Look like a miserable arsehole though ;) )

ADzkl2S.jpg?1

Cheers,

U & R.

Edited by UkeNo

@groominim the shrinkage variance has been my concern. On the stf jeans you bought did it have the post shrink size and bathing instructions on how to achieve that size was it warm or cold soak?   I hate to bleed out the indigo on a hot soak but would suck taking a cold bath.   Did you return them since they didn't shrink to the right size? 

I'll throw in my experience too with mine. Sized my LVC's exactly like I do with my sanforized denim with it snug at the waist and did an hour long hot soak with agitation and rewarming the water halfway. Didn't lose that much indigo at all and the waist stretched back out past the original unwashed size. 

Measurements on the patch are unwashed but they're tagged with what to expect.  

27-36" waist = size up by 2"

38-48" waist - size up by 3"

27-34" inseam = size up by 3"

36"+ = size up by 3"

I completely ignored their guide for the waist and followed them for the inseam. 

EDIT: Here are some 1944"s I have laying around that are still tagged. 

tM3p3PC.png

Edited by Noctilux

Thanks everyone.

It's really more of a small 1 bed place, rather than a house or big chunk of land but it's a good start.

It's all coming along, providing...I don't murder someone involved with the finances/legal/agency in the meantime.

I've never sent this many emails in my life.

All good though.

An exciting weekend at work for me.

What are you people up to?

Thanks everyone.

It's really more of a small 1 bed place, rather than a house or big chunk of land but it's a good start.

It's all coming along, providing...I don't murder someone involved with the finances/legal/agency in the meantime.

All good though.

Whatever it is, it's yours!

Top block so far.

13630288965_a6a72d2067.jpg

I'm happy with the way the whiskers have actually set in. 

Also, what do everybody's honeycombs look like?

Ive been very curious to see the shape and sharpness of the honeycombs with such a different type of fabric.

13630642574_99be023371.jpg

Edited by Formula Pfaff

looking dope! i've seen honeycombs in sweatshirts but not yet on any sweatpants. things are heating up!

Where are you moving to UkeNo?

Staying put in the mighty Brighton, well, over the border into 'Hove actually' now ;)

Moving approximately 0.5miles from out last rented place by The North Laines.

Still working in London though - not all change just yet.

Thanks.

Thanks everyone.

All good though.

Welcome UkeNo!  Congrats on the pad!

Top block so far.

13630288965_a6a72d2067.jpg

I'm happy with the way the whiskers have actually set in. 

Also, what do everybody's honeycombs look like?

Ive been very curious to see the shape and sharpness of the honeycombs with such a different type of fabric.

13630642574_99be023371.jpg

Have you washed them yet???  Sweet....!