• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#61 Quik

Quik

superbored

• Pip
  • 372 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:45 AM

Post requirement to prevent the scammers, or, some other forums I frequent have their own separate feedback ratings, which seem to help.

Break it up into Street/denim and High Fashion, then break those up further into subforums for a particular size. And then a separate subforum for shoes, which could be broken up by size too for epic organization. That would make it so I wouldnt have to keep looking at page after page of tiny xxs clothing so I can find my size, and at the same time would prevent everybody's fs threads from disappearing to the next page in 10 min.
nosig

#62 cyberPUNK

cyberPUNK

superjunkie2K

• PipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • talents:デカチン

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:05 AM

the pitch to wayne:

the advantages of doing this wayne would be that it would be easier for sellers to sell and buyers to buy, meaning more people would make use of the supermarket and traffic would go up, meaning more advertising revenue. good for us, and good for you. at least give us some sign that we aren't discussing this in vain.

#63 Tyro1

Tyro1

postwhore

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:22 AM

y'all wasting your time.

A solution has been decided, users are going to have the ability to have their own "supershops", so it will be a lot more organised. Refer to the thread where wayne talks about the new updates.

It's just a matter of how long it takes to develop and deploy.

#64 cyberPUNK

cyberPUNK

superjunkie2K

• PipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • talents:デカチン

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:34 AM

sounds like they got the idea from zozo

#65 artificialsky

artificialsky

superfreak

• PipPipPip
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:43 AM

y'all wasting your time.

A solution has been decided, users are going to have the ability to have their own "supershops", so it will be a lot more organised. Refer to the thread where wayne talks about the new updates.

I'm sure that will be as smooth and painless as the upgrade to 4.0

#66 mr fluffernutter

mr fluffernutter

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,972 posts
  • wish i was in:heaven

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:47 AM

are we going to start paying a subscription free to set up supershops too?

#67 Tyro1

Tyro1

postwhore

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:57 AM

ONE SOUL PER ITEM SOLD!

>:-D

#68 tg76

tg76

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:44 AM

as an instant fix that doesnt need programing just policing...
the supermarket rules were changed so that each member was only allowed one thread in the market, they would need to tittle it appropriatly much like naming a baby and then edit the tags according to what they are selling at the time. no one else is allowed to post in another members thread, questions can be asked by pm and if need be added to the thread by thread owner. they can edit and delete posts whithin their thread to keep it tidy and relevant. while i do appreciate getting feedback from people i have sold to it means when i try to tidy up my threads there are posts i cant shift without reporting them to the mods who im sure have better things to do with their time

An immediate fix for this would be to not allow anyone to post there unless they have 500 posts or >1 year join date, whichever is greater.

this would also be nice to stop people joining just to try and sell things they failed to sell on ebay or whatever

-disallowing WTB / IC threads seems like a reasonable step

i agree with banishing WTB threads, if you want one search for it or wait till one pops up

has anyone mentioned tags?

i don't want to trawl through 60 pages of random shit to find a dries shirt

just want to click on "drive van noten" tag and have it bring up all the threads

search function kinda works, but tags are superior

YES! tags be the way of the future imo

SZ introduced minimum post count rules in their classifieds, and it seems to work pretty well.

It also reduces the number of scammers, because people get a chance to know the poster some what

the only problem with the post # requirement would be that these douches would flood the other forums with worthless posts.

if their posts really are worthless then they will end up with a red peen and no one will buy from them cause they look dodgy

you guys think anyone's listening?

:sigh:

y'all wasting your time.

couldnt find this thread, mustnt have had good tags (8)

i wouldnt mind paying an annual fee to use the market.. or a thrad sub
interesting

#69 AngularDeathPussy

AngularDeathPussy

superfuture1

• supergod
  • Pip
  • 461 posts
  • style:futuristic
  • attitude:orthodox
  • denim:size 32

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:37 AM

supershop should sort it out. shit just takes time to happen around here.
we have core coding done but have been caught up on lot of other stuff as usual.

but good time to discuss a wishlist of what you want for supershop...as we still have time to tweak things

basically idea is to have storefront for all supertalkers
--> different levels of functionality/cost
--> create new rep system 'shoprep'
--> different user categories - ie... standard, commercial, etc
--> would have a threshold of entry ie. postcount/ time on sufu or other filters...

supermarket might eventually become obsolete and phased out...

thoughts?

#70 tg76

tg76

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:46 AM

will it run something like big cartel?
first 5 items free
10 items $10 etc

sounds good anyway
thanks
cant wait
interesting

#71 Fabulaz

Fabulaz

superfreak

• banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts
  • style:tribal
  • attitude:orthodox
  • biography:stfu
  • wish i was in:stfu
  • talents:stfu

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:39 AM

In the meantime, is it possible to make it so that people can change the title of their sales threads? Would really help.
eat a dick bro

#72 ken shinoda

ken shinoda

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,808 posts
  • wish i was in:Beer Hall

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:32 AM

Too much rules, regulations and fees, especially, and this will turn into another ebay.

I doubt that the whole have to be a member for a year thing or 500 post minimum would work as well, since what would happen if they decide to screw people from day one, build those minimum post thingy, and rip more people then, since people rely too much on the system?

I'd say keep it as it is meaning that anyone can still post regardless of their post count etc, but divide it into two section, for sale and want to buy. And have a feedback system for any successful transaction. And always, and I do mean always CAVEAT EMPTOR!

~The goddess spoke: the rolling waves unclose; Then down the steep she plunged from whence she rose,
And left him sorrowing on the lonely coast, In wild resentment for the fair he lost~

#73 andrewexd

andrewexd

superbored

• Pip
  • 627 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:41 AM

i would like a separate section for shoes and clothes

#74 geekbonchic

geekbonchic

postwhore

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,772 posts
  • biography:Unmotivated, but inspired

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:49 AM

we have core coding done but have been caught up on lot of other stuff as usual.

but good time to discuss a wishlist of what you want for supershop...as we still have time to tweak things

--> would have a threshold of entry ie. postcount/ time on sufu or other filters...

thoughts?

-Yes
-Yes
-Yes
-Yes
The fact is that I didn't actually say anything, but you can listen if you want.

#75 Fuuma

Fuuma

superjunkie2K

• PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts
  • style:tropical
  • attitude:chilled
  • biography:40 y/o eurotrash

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:19 PM

thoughts?

If I have to pay to sell the occasional item I want to sell I'll just stop selling on sufu, I'm sure a lot of individuals who re-sell something once every three months are like me...
"Whenever I hear the word culture, I bring out my checkbook."

#76 kunk75

kunk75

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:14 AM

worked great with casius.

SZ introduced minimum post count rules in their classifieds, and it seems to work pretty well.

It also reduces the number of scammers, because people get a chance to know the poster some what

i just cant imagine a mid 30 year old bodybuilder talking like a lolcat

#77 Servo2000

Servo2000

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,532 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:19 AM

No offense to dudes who got scammed the second time around but you were being straight retarded if you bought anything that cost more than about $40 from a dude who already scammed two whole forums

definitely not going to pay to sell here (sorry!) considering the only time i've managed to sell anything costing more than $100 anywhere is on SZ these days

#78 tg76

tg76

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:35 AM

these days... thats why the marketsuper needs saving

things get buried under piles of trash pretty quickly, i ended up selling my n(n) boots for half what the were worth because of this.. should i have just rush posted to 100 on sz so i could sell them there
interesting

#79 Servo2000

Servo2000

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,532 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:14 AM

i tend to think it's more that sz has a closer affiliation with high-end stores so there tends to be more (lurkers, specifically) people who are willing to pay for things they see that they want

i could be wrong it's all anecdotal

stuff isn't hardly even selling on ebay these days, though

#80 kunk75

kunk75

postwhore

• 5,688 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:26 AM

^yeah, and the paypal hold sucks. if i didn;t need the money right away, i wouldn;t be selling my shit.know what i'm saying?
i just cant imagine a mid 30 year old bodybuilder talking like a lolcat

#81 jcotteri

jcotteri

superfreak

• PipPipPip
  • 3,865 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:01 AM

i agreeeeeeeeee servo

posting stuff up on here is generally a waste of time. Not many people share the same interests in clothing as me on here and the people that see it are even fewer, so selling is just a waste of time on here. Not that i sell much anyway.

maybe in the future when i revert back to dunkles and straight cut jeanz.. who noeees

#82 Indifferent

Indifferent

semibored

• Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:26 AM

I know that this is a really late entry into an already 9 page thread, but does anyone (poster, seller) get any value from WTB threads ? Do sellers search the WTB threads to see if there is anyone looking for their stuff ? Do people who post WTB threads get contacted by people selling what they're after ? Deleting them would help clean up supermarket.

In terms of spam prevention or mitigation, a post-count filter is low hanging fruit (i.e. should be easy to implement and will have some effect), people like me will get screwed over (I've been on this site for over 3 years but have < 200 posts and have only had approx. 15 supermarket transactions), but we can always contact moderators for special consideration.

What I'd really like to see is some kind of feedback system for supermarket. What I do now is check a sellers post count and rep. If a person has posted less then 10 posts with 0 rep and is selling a $250 item, then they're regarded as suspicious. It's a crude method and very flawed (people get rep'ed for inane shit), but I haven't been burnt (apart from a seller not double boxing a pair of NDC's I bought). To make it easier for a buyer, it is possible to implement another of reputation system, a supermarket transaction specific one. It can work like eBay's feedback system, with a buyer and seller leaving feedback upon the completion of a transaction (optional of course). The supermarket rep. can also be used as filter, with sellers that don't have greater then x% positive reputation being barred from selling on supermarket.

#83 Guest_jmatsu_*

Guest_jmatsu_*

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:11 PM

If I have to pay to sell the occasional item I want to sell I'll just stop selling on sufu, I'm sure a lot of individuals who re-sell something once every three months are like me...

yup. we already incurring charges from paypal and shit. should just sell on hypebeast forum if this happens.

#84 Vampyrvargfesten

Vampyrvargfesten

superfreak

• 5,425 posts
  • biography:spräckta snutkukar
  • wish i was in:skitkyrkan
  • talents:baby body baby body

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

thoughts?

bumping this... i understand this has been on the the "to-do" list for a while...

most of the previously mentioned ideas are great
i wanna see some more ideas for the new version

- a supermarket management interface similar to the basic ebay interface... have a watched item list (basically a modified version of a thread subscription), list of items you are selling, sold, etc.
wtb: söta tröjor till kalla dagar

#85 rirawin

rirawin

semibored

• Pip
  • 469 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

How about a sub-forum for all the proxy services available to Superfuture members... ?

#86 sawyer

sawyer

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:14 AM

the ability to sort items by brand and size would solve most of the problems i have with supermarket as it stands

the search function is inadequate for some reason and doesn't turn up all the results, and only half the sellers on the market bother to tag their threads. there must be another way, eg requiring sellers to select the brand of an item from a drop down list.

#87 Lemurian

Lemurian

post rank

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

I kind of like the fucking jungle it is right now

#88 t0fu

t0fu

bored

• Pip
  • 296 posts
  • attitude:chilled
  • wish i was in:nyc

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

i must agre with sawyer. my biggest issue is having to sort through so much shit to find things, search doesn't help at all. possibly dividing up super market into categories might help such as (footwear, outerwear, etc.) i'm not saying i have a solution that is the end all fix. also one other thing you may won't to consider that might help with the forums load is auto deleting posts that have sat without a reply for 6 months in the market. I mean why does anyone need to revisit a post from as far back as dec 05?
sheep eat wolves

#89 Guest_BriNYC_*

Guest_BriNYC_*

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

i think there should be a fs section and wtb different section....

#90 the breaks

the breaks

superjunkie

• PipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

NOTICE:

DO NOT BUMP YOUR THREADS MORE THAN ONCE EVERY 3 DAYS / 72 HOURS.

/\ /\ /\ /\

People are still bumping their shit every day... this "rule" only affects the people who abide by it, and it affects them negatively...

Edited by the breaks, 18 February 2013 - 04:50 PM.

my life's about leading my team, whatever that means.