Supreme 2009 S/S

fiveagain

generally think the stuff looks cool enough. i just can't see myself rocking something that looks straight up like some advertisement for bud- the lack of scantily clad women/graphic of frosty bottle not withstanding...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's usually a history of the artist or brand they're collaborating with. what are they gonna say? "budwieser is a shitty beer brewed in elizabeth, new jersey. it used to hold itself out as the all-american beer until it was recently sold to a belgium beverage conglomerate."

they didn't say anything about bud not being american owned anymore in there either.

stella is shit beer. it is the weidimann's of the UK.

apparently it was a long going thing between kyledqm and ricky about wanting to do a bud collabo from when they worked at huf. it also looks like supreme had to pony up beacoup dolores for licensing as well.

apparently it was a long going thing between kyledqm and ricky about wanting to do a bud collabo from when they worked at huf. it also looks like supreme had to pony up beacoup dolores for licensing as well.

It would have made more sense for it to be done with either Huf or DQM. Both stores/brands portray a more fun loving, beer bloated image. Supreme can be too serious with their brand identity.

2009 , the year supreme jumped the shark.

Someone says this every year, no?

stella is shit beer. it is the weidimann's of the UK.

yeah, basically stella's is piss lager in england but has been rebranded as a premium import in the us. longneck bud is the same way in england, or at least was a few years back - maybe doesn't have quite the same cachet but it's available at import prices and people seem to drink it.

ms is right, dqm would have made a lot more sense but i don't think they have the clout to work with a giant company like budweiser/inbev. supreme's weird because it's like 3 brands in one but this capsule doesn't really seem to fit into any of them. (not that it's any more left-field than the kermit thing)

huf is just schizo, 14 going on 40 or something like that

It would have made more sense for it to be done with either Huf or DQM. Both stores/brands portray a more fun loving, beer bloated image. Supreme can be too serious with their brand identity.

true.. esp with DQM doing the beer tees/mugs this season. if the licensing really was that expensive, who knows if the smaller shops could have afforded it. plus the other two don't really foray into weird collabos aside from shoe and bag stuff with nike, adidas, incase, saglife...

huf is just schizo, 14 going on 40 or something like that

Not that I have ever met him, nor do I skate myself, but the brand seems to fall in line with his own public identity and the whole mentality of skating out west. 14 going on 40 is a pretty good way to describe that lifestyle, as many of the people involved are nicely in between those ages, owning companies and living a very endless summer style existence.

Not knocking this at all. I yearn to return to the promise land. Regrettably, Ms ms. sally, "needs to be in New York for work right now".

Not that I have ever met him, nor do I skate myself, but the brand seems to fall in line with his own public identity and the whole mentality of skating out west. 14 going on 40 is a pretty good way to describe that lifestyle, as many of the people involved are nicely in between those ages, owning companies and living a very endless summer style existence.

i guess i meant huf the brand trying to go the way of supreme with their "grown up" range... it took years for supreme to get it right and it seems like huf are almost (but not quite) getting ahead of themselves. actually i dig huf but they do seem less sure of themselves, almost like an awkward teen hence 14

np - scissor girls (why does nobody care about this band anymore?)

budvar/czechvar is decent, not great. for czech beers i'd go with a pilsner urquell.

btw budvar is not the original budweiser beer. the term budweiser denoted a location of origin (as did pilsner), similar to, say, burgundy.

i encourage all of you to discuss this at length on thursday whilst lining up for this drop

Hahaha, thank you for enlightening me...cause the bar tender at my hostel went on and on about how americans went to czech, stole the recipe, watered it down, and made it their own.

I guess Guinness or nothing then.

Edit: with a side of chips.

budvar/czechvar is decent, not great. for czech beers i'd go with a pilsner urquell.

btw budvar is not the original budweiser beer. the term budweiser denoted a location of origin (as did pilsner), similar to, say, burgundy.

i encourage all of you to discuss this at length on thursday whilst lining up for this drop

I think all legit German beer is at least partially named after the brewing district it was brewed in? I'm still learning beerology.