#1 pius

pius

bored

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • joined 05 january 06

Posted 05 January 2006 - 08:33 AM

Hi all,

I'm heading to HK in February and would like to know where to shop. I've been there couple of times but not in the past 2 years (we all know how fast things change in HK).

I'd like to know where to go to find cool, inexpensive (discount/sale) streetwear and designer apparel. My partner would also like to do his annual corporate/smart-casual wardrobe shopping (along the lines of Banana Republic, Zara etc).

It'd be great if any of you can tell us where the good local designer stores are. As well as factory outlets and clearance stores. Oh, if sample sales are happening that time (3 to 6 February), we'd be delighted to learn all about it!

Thanks in advance!

#2 chinoyboi

chinoyboi

semibored

• Pip
  • 48 posts
  • joined 29 november 05

Posted 06 January 2006 - 01:01 AM

Well you can find a lot of high end designer labels at great prices during sale periods. I got a Prada wallet for like $130 at the Pennisula Hotel in Kowloon. Might want to check the Marco Polo Hotel also for their shopping mall.

#3 keyko

keyko

superbored

• Pip
  • 311 posts
  • joined 18 january 06

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:55 AM

The place to go for great discounts in February is Horizon Plaza on Aple Chau island. There is Lane Crawford discount on 25th floor and Joyce on 21th. Usually sales end in early February and these discounts will be well stocked. A cab will take you there from Central (its on Hong Kong Island) for about USD 10 in local currency.

If you want first class shopping experience, then it is definitely Harvey Nichols in Landmark (Central) and Lane Crawford/ Seibu in Pacific Place (Admiralty). Also, check out new IFC Mall at the bottom of IFc Tower , the tallest building in Hong Kong.

.... the uniformity of your 'fits' (particularly the way they fit) are indicative of an uncreative rigid individual trapped within robotic patterns of conspicuous consumption. your ignorance is further evinced by the fact that you criticized my raf simons jacket ....

#4 pius

pius

bored

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • joined 05 january 06

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:30 AM

Thanks for the info! I heard of the Joyce warehouse from a friend but didn't know about the Lane Crawford. Will check it out and look forward to great buys.

#5 itunetoyou

itunetoyou

bored

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • joined 13 november 05

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:46 AM

The joys about Hong Kong is that you can buy yourself a suit at G2000 and get it fitted to your size for free. Although, I'm not sure how the quality is at G2000.

#6 keyko

keyko

superbored

• Pip
  • 311 posts
  • joined 18 january 06

Posted 31 January 2006 - 10:23 AM

G2000 suits are ok of you don't mind to wear at least 50% polyester blends...
Alien vs Predator, Freddie vs Jason, Nudie vs A.P.C.

.... the uniformity of your 'fits' (particularly the way they fit) are indicative of an uncreative rigid individual trapped within robotic patterns of conspicuous consumption. your ignorance is further evinced by the fact that you criticized my raf simons jacket ....

#7 pius

pius

bored

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • joined 05 january 06

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:00 PM

Is Hong Kong the only country which has G2000 that fit suits to your size or do the other G2000 stores in Asia do it as well? Do you mean simple alterations like sleeve and trouser length or real fitting as in tailoring the entire suit to fit you better? That sounds like loads of work for a cheap suit (relatively speaking).

#8 superawesome

superawesome

bored

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • joined 01 february 06

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:20 AM

i would reccomend i.t. which has some cool stuff and not super spendy. there was a sale there last time. if you want some comme des garcons there is a comme des garcons guerilla store, but it takes a while on the subway then you have to take a taxi because its in an industrial-ish district. the undercover store is there too.
good luck

#9 pius

pius

bored

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • joined 05 january 06

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:42 AM

The guerrilla store has closed; its one-year period is up. I'm heading to the Joyce, I.T. and Lane Crawford sale/warehouse outlets! Woo-hoo!

#10 keyko

keyko

superbored

• Pip
  • 311 posts
  • joined 18 january 06

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:51 PM

Hi, the I.T outlet in TST is quite rubbish at this moment. better go to I.T flagship store in Causeway Bay (can't remember the streetname, but it is a "Fashion Walk", close to Sogo. Now the final sale in I.T and D-Mop still goes on. Warehouses in Aple Chau are filling up!
Alien vs Predator, Freddie vs Jason, Nudie vs A.P.C.

#11 superawesome

superawesome

bored

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • joined 01 february 06

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:11 AM

the guerilla store is open still, i talked to the owner who said that most likely they will extend the date. also if you check the website, as long as it doesnt say "disappeared" it should still be there. the address is there as well.

#12 xcoldricex

xcoldricex

superfuture6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,154 posts
  • joined 05 december 04

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:15 PM

anyone know where safehouse is?
===============================================
叉冷饭叉 fine goods:
Linea, Lmaltieri, Gustavolins, Y's, UC, and more... // Julius, Number (N)ine //
===============================================

#13 pius

pius

bored

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • joined 05 january 06

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:45 AM

Depends on what you're looking for.
There are lots of Comme des Garçons and Junya Watanabe stuff, some nice Balenciaga shirts and Jil Sander tops. I also noticed quite a few Martina Margiela pants. Worth checking out if you're after certain past season pieces at 50% discount. But not if you want to find a designer steal. Some of the stuff are quite old but are still only marked 50%.