Hong Kong Shopping.

pius

Hi all,

I'm heading to HK in February and would like to know where to shop. I've been there couple of times but not in the past 2 years (we all know how fast things change in HK).

I'd like to know where to go to find cool, inexpensive (discount/sale) streetwear and designer apparel. My partner would also like to do his annual corporate/smart-casual wardrobe shopping (along the lines of Banana Republic, Zara etc).

It'd be great if any of you can tell us where the good local designer stores are. As well as factory outlets and clearance stores. Oh, if sample sales are happening that time (3 to 6 February), we'd be delighted to learn all about it!

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

The place to go for great discounts in February is Horizon Plaza on Aple Chau island. There is Lane Crawford discount on 25th floor and Joyce on 21th. Usually sales end in early February and these discounts will be well stocked. A cab will take you there from Central (its on Hong Kong Island) for about USD 10 in local currency.

If you want first class shopping experience, then it is definitely Harvey Nichols in Landmark (Central) and Lane Crawford/ Seibu in Pacific Place (Admiralty). Also, check out new IFC Mall at the bottom of IFc Tower , the tallest building in Hong Kong.

Is Hong Kong the only country which has G2000 that fit suits to your size or do the other G2000 stores in Asia do it as well? Do you mean simple alterations like sleeve and trouser length or real fitting as in tailoring the entire suit to fit you better? That sounds like loads of work for a cheap suit (relatively speaking).

i would reccomend i.t. which has some cool stuff and not super spendy. there was a sale there last time. if you want some comme des garcons there is a comme des garcons guerilla store, but it takes a while on the subway then you have to take a taxi because its in an industrial-ish district. the undercover store is there too.

good luck

Hi, the I.T outlet in TST is quite rubbish at this moment. better go to I.T flagship store in Causeway Bay (can't remember the streetname, but it is a "Fashion Walk", close to Sogo. Now the final sale in I.T and D-Mop still goes on. Warehouses in Aple Chau are filling up!

Alien vs Predator, Freddie vs Jason, Nudie vs A.P.C.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on what you're looking for.

There are lots of Comme des Garçons and Junya Watanabe stuff, some nice Balenciaga shirts and Jil Sander tops. I also noticed quite a few Martina Margiela pants. Worth checking out if you're after certain past season pieces at 50% discount. But not if you want to find a designer steal. Some of the stuff are quite old but are still only marked 50%.