PHILLY Meetup

soonami

our best friends at MAD DECENT we are proud to present the THIRD ANNUAL MAD DECENT SUMMER BLOCK PARTY. A real life block party with all your Mad Decent favorites playing and spinning live for FREE all day and night. Saturday July 31st from Noon-ish to 8pm. We got bbq’s, water guns, dunk tanks, slip and slides, water ballons, ryan grotz shirtless etc. I feel like I am promoting a Jugalo gathering. But nowhere in the world does a party like this exist – only in Philly! The lineup is totally bonkers with the one and only DIPLO performing as well as Nadastrom, Paul Devro, Popo, Brick Bandits, Bosco Delray, Brendan Bring’em, Luvstep, Maluca, Deathset, Toadlly Crossed Out and special live guest appearances by Elmo and Michael Vick Moshing Dog. Bring your young family members as this is one of the very few times in Philly where folks from all sorts of neighborhoods and backgrounds come out and dance together! No need to buy any tickets for this – just show up as it’s out on the street at 12th & Spring Garden all day long! FREE FREE !

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guincho
Well there's the Punk Rock Flea Market on the 25th and I'm booking a punk rock show on the 24th at Danger Danger Gallery in West Philly. I can probably put up a sufu guest list so you guys can get in free and it's all ages/BYOB.

what show did you book? been to danger danger a few times. be happy fest and stuff. i go to punk shows all the time

l_062af394f2694f51a882ad710d43401b.jpg

stoked

^ahhhhh this shit brings me back, driving out to lancaster like 4 years ago to catch algernon when they still had 2 guitarists, 1994 is also pretty crazy. all those guys are super nice too

Why wouldn't you be? This is a much better team than in 2008. Who can stand up to the Halladay, Hamels, Oswalt triple threat?

giants? kidding, i'm realling fucking pumped to watch these guys tear it up

Guest guincho

haha yeah dude, algernon rules. seen em like 8 times. one of my favorites. 1994 and snowing are also real good, joint chiefs of math rip live too.

and fuck yeah, can't wait for the playoffs. ordered this hoodie today.

doctober-hoodie_design.png

• 1 month later...
whats good, can any sufuers recommend some good food/nightlife in philly? going to be there for the next couple of days

How much you trying to spend and what kind of places do you like? That makes a big difference. Also, where are you staying because that will affect recommendations since public transit isn't always the easiest to use in Philly.

However, a couple cool places to check out:

Johnny Brenda's, Standard Tap, Kungfu Necktie and Memphis Taproom in Northern Liberties/Fishtown.

In Center City West/Graduate Hospital: Grace Tavern, Ten Stone, Resurrection Ale House, Sidecar

South Philly/Passyunk East: Pub on Passyunk East (POPE), Devil's Den, Royal Tavern, Ray's Happy Birthday Bar, Tattoo Mom's

Center City: Oscar's, Locust Bar, Nodding Head, Monk's Cafe

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest guincho

fuck yeah, omar rules. was anyone at 2 piece fest at the ox on saturday? or 3 piece fest on sunday at danger danger?

cops came and shut down the ox on saturday, sucked. think they're gonna try to go legit though.

tera melos and marnie stern at the church tonight, stoked

• 1 month later...
I'm down for a meetup. I'm from doylestown, so I can just take the R5 in. But, I'm underage, so I really won't be going into bars or anything with you guys. Unless I get a fake ID. But, unlikely.

Whereabouts in Doylestown? I have a couple of friends that live there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...