San Francisco/BAY AREA shopping!!!

xxQyOoTPnAYxx

It matters what you want to shop for, but my favorites are:

* Hayes Valley - Hayes Street between Gough and Laguna.

* Marina - the best men's shop is Jack's, but I am unsure about women's clothing.

* Mission - Valiencia Street between 16th and 20th or so will have some cool shops.

* Union Square - good high end shops like Niemans, but pricey.

chrizbot

If you're into sneakers and street style clothes, Huf is a place NOT to be missed, located on Sutter and Jones. They get a lot of limited edition shoes and in great colorways. Only place I go to for shoes basically

Also check out Rolo, they got a wide variety of brands, mostly highend though, they got an excellent selection of jeans including PRPS, Edwin, Rogan, etc. Located on Howard and 9th

Recon is on Powell street. Go to Washington square, and Recon is right there. BUt be warned, as far as I know, neither HUF or Recon carry any shoes THAT small. The smallest I seen them carry was a 5 in mens for FP stabs. And size 6 mens for SB dunks. So you might have a very difficult time looking for certain kinds of sneakers.

I second Rolo. It has consistantly had good clothing. I like the one on Howard street around 8th.

Recon has been kinda lax on their clothing designs for the last year or two IMHO, but worth a check.

The whole sneaker thing passed me by so Huf is not on my shopping route usually, but if it is it is probably the best place to go for special sneakers. If you are looking for regular ones there are a few places on Market street near the tenderloin that have fat laces and regular brands so you can make your own... ;-) Mine are white with black trim shelltoes with fat black laces.

When I think of "hip hop" gear now, the image of Sean John and Ecko come up, but those are available in Macy's now...

if your definition of a dope sneaker is something LE or collabo or what not then you're pretty much out of luck.

your best bet would be OG's, and some quick strikes.

i would say go to Niketalk for better answers but then id feel bad for all the imminent e-jocking you'd have to deal with.

• 2 months later...

SF in the house.

Sneakers:

1. Nort/Reacon

2. Huf - Hayes (1) or Sutter (2)

3. Shoebiz/True

You should also checkout Harputs for Adidas.

There is also a place on the edge of chinatown and northbeach called something "star" which has a suprise every once in a while.

There also some mom and pops in the mission as well.

I could tell you more, but I always gotta keep a few secrets.

Clothings:

(I don't shop much because of Mama but here are a few ideas)

TRUE

Reacon

Huf - no womens though

UP

FTC

Giant Robot for some tees

SF is pretty light of the girls

You should just walk Haight, Hayes and the Mission as well.

I probably missed some stuff.

SF in the house.

Sneakers:

1. Nort/Reacon

2. Huf - Hayes (1) or Sutter (2)

3. Shoebiz/True

You should also checkout Harputs for Adidas.

There is also a place on the edge of chinatown and northbeach called something "star" which has a suprise every once in a while.

There also some mom and pops in the mission as well.

I could tell you more, but I always gotta keep a few secrets.

Clothings:

(I don't shop much because of Mama but here are a few ideas)

TRUE

Recon

Huf - no womens though

UP

FTC

Giant Robot for some tees

SF is pretty light of the girls

You should just walk Haight, Hayes and the Mission as well.

I probably missed some stuff.

MAMA is watching

www.mamaclothing.com

Quote: There is also a place on the edge of chinatown and northbeach called something "star" which has a suprise every once in a while.

silver star is on stockton and columbus about a couple blocks from recon/nort.

and i know first step on market and out in south city was trying step up (no pun intended) their sneaker selection so they might be some one to check out as well.

if you ever venture south down the 101 there's also transit and turf down in san mateo.

transit carries a bunch of streetwear brands (stussy, obey, UP, etc.) and turf has a decent selection of kicks outside of San Francisco.

hazard shoes may still be on Burlingame Ave. in Burlingame, but i think they're closing down that location and moving into the city.