Eternal Jeans

minya

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some progress on my 883. I noticed some crotch holes starting to form and I knew they would shrink more as they were only one-wash. I figured I'd give them a ride through the machine with no detergent on hot, delicate cycle to get the extra shrinkage out before I get them repaired. I'm at 5 months

Before
16959685905_2e5cbf6bc2_b.jpg

16933736316_1a0a5f0855_b.jpg

16772205780_0a6e7542fc_b.jpg

After - lighting was different

16773468189_bbc6bca074_b.jpg

16771986908_c20aa870ff_b.jpg

16337308514_4ae4584c75_b.jpg

Here's some progress on my 883. I noticed some crotch holes starting to form and I knew they would shrink more as they were only one-wash. I figured I'd give them a ride through the machine with no detergent on hot, delicate cycle to get the extra shrinkage out before I get them repaired. I'm at 5 months

Those look great rockon99. How much did they shrink after the hot wash?

I haven't actually measured them; at least an inch. I may be exaggerating that...

I'd love to know how certain areas shrank if you have time (no need for specific measurements). I've heard some people say the waist and thighs didn't shrink much at all after a hot wash, but that the inseam shrank up quite a bit.

I'd love to know how certain areas shrank if you have time (no need for specific measurements). I've heard some people say the waist and thighs didn't shrink much at all after a hot wash, but that the inseam shrank up quite a bit.

That's what I've heard, too. I'm kind of banking on it happening with mine - washed them a couple of hours ago!

Well, I put them on after their first machine wash and I couldn't do up the top button, so I put them in the wardrobe and started thinking about what to buy with the money I'd get from selling them; but I tried them on again this morning, I can button them up, and I swear there's more give to them now then there was before. I'm so happy that I won't have to sell them!

There was a little bit of inseam shrinkage, but that's good.

WP_20150411_14_55_23_Pro_zpsnjohzjty.jpgWP_20150411_14_55_34_Pro_zpsvqzbkmmm.jpgWP_20150411_14_55_46_Pro_zpstqafaq9f.jpg

Edited by Ceffyl

Newest to the club. My 883's.

Approx 2 months wear time

1 hot soak when I got 'em

1 hand wash today with a little soap

Beautiful denim - tough to break at first but now they're coming to life.

5aiej5.jpg

r1ik1x.jpg

Very nice, Eternal is another brand I'll have to add to my collection at some point down the road.

I read through the old Eternal contest thread a few weeks ago and it really made me want a pair.

Thanks @Broark.

I'm totally jealous of your Full Count Special Run!!! Your pair looks freakin' amazing!

>>  @Broark Full Count

I totally recommend getting a pair of Eternal's for your collection. You won't be disappointed. Tough to break and patience is a virtue.

Watching the last few months of the Eternal contest photos post up here on Sufu is what got me hooked on getting a pair.

In my humble opinion Eternal's 14.5oz / rope dyed 20+ times denim wears and fades unlike any other I've seen.

The last half dozen pages of that contest thread are a testament to the unique quality of Eternal denim.

So many incredible pairs on display!

>>  Contest thread

Probably wouldn't recommend them as a first pair of raw denim for someone though as they could get frustrated not seeing much progress for a couple months. 

Edited by Wörn75

Something about that dark, streaky denim that Eternal uses really appeals to me.

Likely going to end up putting a few things up for sale, maybe a pair of 888's will make their way in as replacements.  :ph34r:

Anyone with Samurai 710s and 883's who can help me with sizing/fit? I'm ideally looking for a fit a tad slimmer than my 710s, mainly from the knee downwards (top block is fine). I wear a 31 in the 710s which fits perfect without a belt, can I pull off a 31 or would a 32 be better? Thighs on the 710s are about as tight as I want them, so if the thighs are a lot smaller I might need to size up. 

• 1 month later...

they are the contest pair so i think they were raw. ill take half to a full inch in stretch but it seems to take a whole lot longer than i expected

Edited by chantheman

Anyone with Samurai 710s and 883's who can help me with sizing/fit? I'm ideally looking for a fit a tad slimmer than my 710s, mainly from the knee downwards (top block is fine). I wear a 31 in the 710s which fits perfect without a belt, can I pull off a 31 or would a 32 be better? Thighs on the 710s are about as tight as I want them, so if the thighs are a lot smaller I might need to size up. 

i'm a 32 in both, although could probably squeeze into a 31 if i tried hard enough (i'm a 30 in most non-denim). the 883s are slightly slimmer and i prefer them overall.

Edited by conqueror

Yup, I've got to get a pair of Eternals for the collection sometime!

I need to put a few pairs up for sale before that though.

Impressive that that pair is still so dark for eight years...

• 2 weeks later...

Man that 8 year old pair is just another example of how incredible the Eternal denim really is.

I've yet to see any other label that compares except maybe Samurai or believe it or not Skull.