How Do Jeans Fit Description and Pictures

PLUSsung

Sorry for the lack of update.

Been shuttling everywhere the past couple of months.

Here's my favorite pair, Rag and Bone 6Ba in a size 30. The fit is really similar to the old PRPS cut in my opinion but with a saggier rise... not too far from the BB Nudies either.

dscn30065qy.jpg

I will update with some canes soon... I hope. I don't have access to my full range of denim they're in several places all over.

If anyone has anything to add please do so!!!!

Julian Red Calis are definitely not that loose normally. I just tried a few on yesterday. I'm a 32 in raw Bootcut olas, and a 32 in the raw calis. I tried a 31 and 33, and I couldnt button the 31s, while the 33s were loose. However, the legs are definitely slim. I have to track down a 32x34 while I'm still here in Stockholm still, so if I do find a pair I will post pictures.

Quote:

Julian Red Calis are definitely not that loose normally. I just tried a few on yesterday. I'm a 32 in raw Bootcut olas, and a 32 in the raw calis. I tried a 31 and 33, and I couldnt button the 31s, while the 33s were loose. However, the legs are definitely slim. I have to track down a 32x34 while I'm still here in Stockholm still, so if I do find a pair I will post pictures.

--- Original message by sbw4224 on Mar 18, 2006 02:21 AM

Go to all Weekdays and Tjallamalla and Grandpa on Södermalm. Go to NK Street too. Solo also has Julian Red.

dontcaretoomuchforcrap CANT SKATE!!

Thought I'd make a contribution here. The more the better, eh? These are Kicking Mule Workshop 1980, in Blue Raw. Size 33 waist, haven't measured the inseam. Sorry, I know the quality could be better, heh.

kickingmulewkshp19806az.jpg

I'm pretty sure that the Earnest Sewns are made of Japanese denim. My Fulton 53 Patriots are.

And these babies have broken in REALLY fast. Love em. :)

Edit: Never mind, the site had originally listed it as being from Japan, apparently it's not. My bad. Still love the jeans though.

Edited by TheGrapist on Mar 20, 2006 at 11:39 PM

i know you've been asked to death about the bagginess of those Julian Red Calis, but I just gotta get my question in ... did those stretch a good deal? I have just started to wear my Calis and they are damn tight. Did your's start out tight and stretch out to that size? I'm 5'10", 148lbs so if you can imagine, I'm pretty slim; my legs are not muscular or fat by any means. Yet my Calis are no where near as loose as your's.

Quote:

i know you've been asked to death about the bagginess of those Julian Red Calis, but I just gotta get my question in ... did those stretch a good deal? I have just started to wear my Calis and they are damn tight. Did your's start out tight and stretch out to that size? I'm 5'10", 148lbs so if you can imagine, I'm pretty slim; my legs are not muscular or fat by any means. Yet my Calis are no where near as loose as your's.

--- Original message by shinobi2000 on Mar 21, 2006 09:06 PM

Pictures!

))<>((

Back and Forth. Forever

To be honest I think I am just not the right cut for the Calis... Judging from my experience with them, I would say that you got to be fairly slim to pull them off. You sound just right for them... My legs are pretty stubby as i have stated before, I've come to realize that anything slim on me just ain't gonna pan out.

Quote:

anyone that has thin finns and calis and could could compare them with pictures?

--- Original message by qom on Mar 17, 2006 06:25 AM

anyone? desperately in need of some one who wears their cali's rather slim.

))<>((

Back and Forth. Forever

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay.

New Pictures as promised...

To all those that super-privated me.. I'm sorry this took so long to put up but I have been working like a corporate dog and didn't really find time to do much else.

Here is a brand new pair of 1947 501's that i got... i've been saving these for a while but couldn't resist so I finally broke them out.

They are a waist 34/36 unwashed. I bought them one size up from the 1944's because the 44's are slightly looser, and I've been told that tight jeans just aint my thing.

I like how they fit.. they're quite nice.

dscn31142hn.jpg

Now, for people asking how I shrink the jeans... here's how.

The water is hot.. about 60 C, and I just let them soak... The first pic is when I first put it in, the second pic is 3 hours later (I just left the house and came back after doing some errands) then letting them dry.. and that's it.. no secret no nonsense. There's minimal dye loss and things are off to a great start.

dscn31108qi.jpg

Now, another common question... do prewashed jeans fade? YES THEY DO.. and you CAN get honeycombs and whiskers.. for example, these 19.99 session jeans from TJ Max from a couple of years back.. Just use them for biking, doing work running errands... and 3 years later, they're honey-combed and whiskered... Now notice these are actually prewashed but they did not have whiskers or honeycombs.. Just wear the jeans and they'll fade man.

dsc013110cp.jpg

dsc013131ky.jpg

Up next.. some 1947 scorched 501's and PRPS

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...