How Do Jeans Fit Description and Pictures

PLUSsung

Hey Supershoppers.

I kept reading posts on people confused about fits of this jean or that jean so I thought it would be a good idea for me to start a thread doing exactly that, except with pictures. So far I only have slim fit jeans posted because that's all I have at this pad but when I am at my other place come Feb I will have pictures of other jeans.. feel free to add your own pics and descriptions and help out everybody buying jeans.

Currently: APC Cure/hipster, Earnest Sewn Fulton #50 Italian Selvedge, Nudies Straight Sven, and Julian Red California.

To come: Levi's Vintage Collection 1944 501XX, 1947 501XX, 1955 501XX, Nudies Regular Ralf Dry Selvedge, Nudies Baggy Bjorn, Kato, PRPS, and some samurai jeans that I forget the name of at the moment.

Alright, first up, APC Hipster. I am about 5 feet 11, 165 pounds. I am a regular build guy not slim nor am I big... just very very average. My actual waist is (around my belly button) 30 inches EXACTLY so the following jean sizes should give you an idea what size you should scale up or down.

APC hipster- size 27 waist, they fit REALLY REALLY low as you can tell from the pics. makes me feel like a hot girl, except i'm not a hot girl.. but if you disagree feel free to tell me.

apchipster2gv.jpg

Julain Red California. size 29 They don't fit as slim as I thought they would but they're fine... the tapered leg looks quite nice I think. They fit pretty regular around my hip area and the ass is a big saggy which is cool.

julianredcalifornia2dm.jpg

Earnest Sewn Fulton. size 29 These are definitely the slimmest pair of jeans I own. Very straight but slim. nice lightweight Italian Selvedge denim, and quite slubby. Nice overall.

earnestsewnfulton502st.jpg

Nudies Straight Sven, size 28. They're pretty much like the regular ralfs.. but more straight legged. These are the first run edition with the Italian Selvedge Denim. VERY beautiful quality with quite a nice rough feel to them... and the sheen is really nice. I hear the newer ones are the same denim as the Regular Ralf Japanese denim... shame cause the denim on the first run is killer. here you go.

nudiestraightsven8hq.jpg

like I said I will keep adding pictures and with your help hopefully it will include a very wide range of denim fits so people can use this as a guide.

Alright here are some more

First Up, Edwin Yoshi-X Tokyo Selvedge. You see these pop up on Ebay every so often... I say if ou like the baggy trouser look, these are great! the denim is so nice and I like the Engrish on the leather tag. Excellent. Size 30 is the pair I own.

edwinyoshi5iu.jpg

Now every boy's favorite. Levis Vintage Collection 1944 501XX size 32X34. Now that they've been soaked in cold water overnight they measure 30 exactly on the waist and 30.75 on the inseam. Pretty spot on. The only thing I will say is that if you can get access to Japanese LVC line... get those.. these are from the European collection. Japanese LVC uses deerskin for the leather patch I like the way they crinkle more. Just a personal prefence i guess... but nonetheless a great pair of jeans.

lvc19449uh.jpg

Finally, these are a pair of Eternal 801 Basic Line Jeans. They're relatively cheap compared to other Japanese repro companies. The denim is beautiful and as you can see aged quite nicely. I've had these for over 3 years now, they've seen a couple of washes. The size is a 30 waist.

eternal3da.jpg

Terrific pics, PLUSsung.. really useful. I'm sure everyone here appreciates your taking the time and trouble to do them. It has inspired me to try to do the same (although I don't have as nice a collection as yours...). I hope it has for others too!

Some general impressions:

- The Eternals look great.

- I'm a bit surprised at how ordinary and in particular how un-slim the Julian Red Cali's look (although there's nothing at all wrong with them)

- The Edwin's look great for a baggy jean

- I hesitate to say it, but I don't think the hipsters suit you.

Happy Holidays!

Terrific pics, PLUSsung.. really useful. I'm sure everyone here appreciates your taking the time and trouble to do them. It has inspired me to try to do the same (although I don't have as nice a collection as yours...). I hope it has for others too!

Some general impressions:

- The Eternals look great.

- I'm a bit surprised at how ordinary and in particular how un-slim the Julian Red Cali's look (although there's nothing at all wrong with them)

- The Edwin's look great for a baggy jean

- I hesitate to say it, but I don't think the hipsters suit you.

Happy Holidays!

flame: I was told I would make a hot girl by a dutch guy once.. but then again he was dutch... come to think of it he was quite rich I could've been his bitch boy and set for life... hmmmmmmmmmmm

minya: my thighs are 19" around the fattest part. I used to do freestyle skiing competitively so that's why I have ginormous legs.

Hmm, to my eyes the slim fit jeans don't look slim at all. overall, just a nice straight-leg look.

The baggies -- including the levi's (my personal favs) -- look way too big. Unless you're a black rapper, I don't see any reason to wear such an ill fitting pair of pants.

My favorite jeans of the bunch would be the last ones, the eternals.

Nice post.

Quote:

flame: I was told I would make a hot girl by a dutch guy once.. but then again he was dutch... come to think of it he was quite rich I could've been his bitch boy and set for life... hmmmmmmmmmmm

minya: my thighs are 19" around the fattest part. I used to do freestyle skiing competitively so that's why I have ginormous legs.

--- Original message by PLUSsung on Dec 23, 2005 11:41 AM

Then you'd have to live in The Netherlands, I don't recommend that.

levi: keep in mind i'm not tall... and i'm not really a slim guy... just average. on a 6'2 guy with a 140lbs frame the look would be totally different i imagine. yeah and there's a reason why my baggy jeans don't get much wear... i just like having them and looking at them once in awhile.

berent: and no, he was my ex-gym teacher who got fired for sexual harrassment... i was a hot girl before i had hair on my belly. i was gonna make a joke but there aint really much funny about that.

Quote:

levi: keep in mind i'm not tall... and i'm not really a slim guy... just average. on a 6'2 guy with a 140lbs frame the look would be totally different i imagine. yeah and there's a reason why my baggy jeans don't get much wear... i just like having them and looking at them once in awhile.

berent: and no, he was my ex-gym teacher who got fired for sexual harrassment... i was a hot girl before i had hair on my belly. i was gonna make a joke but there aint really much funny about that.

--- Original message by PLUSsung on Dec 23, 2005 12:31 PM

like you, i have a ton of jeans, but i tend to wear only four: levis 646 1970, levi's 501 1955, levis 505 1967, and levis 501 1947. they all do different things: the bellbottoms work great with boots, the 501s are a great looser fitting jean, and the others are cool slim fits. i have all the best premium jeans, but i don't seem to wear them much; i prefer the deadstock jeans from the levis vintage archive.

the 501s i wore for a year before washing (just because i didn't want them to fade -- i discovered this website much later, and then realized how great -- and rare -- the fade is). now, people offer to buy those jeans from me off the street. they are truly beautiful.

you might of noticed i only wear levis. it's true (and thus my name). i have a few other brands (a few stretch jeans). maybe some day i'll venture into apc's or some other brand when i've killed my levis and can't get a new pair. probably not for a while though.

levis are the real deal. everything else is a fake jean. (per their ad campaign a few years back). but i realize sometimes you just want a fashion jean -- with no pretense of being 'real'. nothing wrong with that.

peace out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

the julians i have do fit really baggy on me for some reason. I am 5'8, about 150lbs, not really skinny but i'm not really beefy either. I think it has to do with my legs. I have thicker legs so skinny jeans fall slightly strange on me. hope that answers your question.

I have some rag and bones to post soon.