Clothing for The Great Outdoors

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lost the waterproof cap I had and I need another one. Just a simple baseball cap, but waterproof. Does anyone have suggestions? I've been looking into goretex caps but trying to see what else is out there..

ventile (e.g. bestmadeco), loro piana storm system (cotton/cashmere/wool) ...

Whats my best bet for affordable/on sale merino base layers?

Sierra Trading Post. I recently loaded up on some Icebreaker short and long sleeves. The 'Everyday' line run about $35 a shirt. The oasis is more, almost double, but they're both the same weight and almost identical fit

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/mens-base-layer~d~7455/

Edited by twistedtrees

• 5 months later...

7CCDEGa.jpg

Japan exclusives continue to produce envy.

• 4 weeks later...

Copped a Ten C anorak and a down liner for F/W in overseas blue

SFUdrWs.jpg

Loving the details. I wish there was a chest pocket though (I guess that's what the big pocket in the back is for)

I think I prefer their nylon shell over their usual canvas-like fabric, I've read that it's just not as sturdy as people hoped it would be

• 3 weeks later...

Any recommendations for some slim, tapered hiking pants? 

IMO the only option I've ever seen that comes close (I've been on the hunt for something like this as well) is Isaora, although some have apparently had issues with their consistency. However, their customer support seems good, so I think it would balance out. Not sure what you mean by hiking pants though, to me it just means a rugged fabric in a pant with some extra cargo pockets perhaps.  

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Any budget recommendations? North Face Horizon looks decent but can't find pictures of them actually being worn anywhere 

I ended up going with some TAD pants, but some cheaper options (at least that go on sale or have coupons often) I also liked are Prana Zion and First Ascent Mountain Guide Pro.

• 2 months later...

I was in Denver and stopped in the REI store/outlet and ended up buying the Marmot Arch Rock pant. Probably not "slim" by SuFu standards but definitely more of a tapered and slim fit than most hiking pants I've seen.  I only go hiking and camping a few times a year so they fit my budget really well and so far I've been happy with the quality at the price point

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.danner.com/product/danner-light-black.html

finally @#$% available, a year after i finally gave in and got the police ones readily available in the states.

whatever, same shit for the most part.

Hitthebreakroom was selling the same model for $80-100 for almost 3 years until Danner decided to merge them into the site under the sales section (when they have it).

I bought the black pair and returned them. Didn't like the style on my feet.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone experience http://www.mysteryranch.com/ backpacks before? Would like to get a good travel backpack that isn't common in the market.

also regarding merino layers -

i was going to pick up merino shirts from outlier, but still haven't restocked on my size in my color. Any recommendations for alternatives (that isn't logo heavy)?

• 2 months later...