• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#31 Tabris

Tabris

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:37 PM

Has anyone seen any response from the admins about these problems? Has anyone really addressed it?

Just this.

i know i could be endlessly entertained reading the endless number of love and affection threads on supertalk and in the trash but just letting you know that there is a now a
++++ Supertalk 3.9 Bugs Go Here ! ++++ thread on superofficial.. which is collating all the BUGS.... and going to make it a lot easier to troubleshoot and sort through rather than us having to troll.
http://www.superfutu....d.php?t=140119

thanks for flying superfuture. we hope you are enjoying the inflight entertainment and haven't thrown up yet.

hmmm. dots and straight lines. in fact there should be more dots.. superfuture 5.0 will completely dotty. NO. i think its time for some radius. superfuture 5.0 should be all curves. yes. everyone will love that.

You're not ready to own Sugar Cane denim.

#32 mrip

mrip

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,837 posts
  • style:cosplay
  • attitude:hater
  • denim:size 32

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:22 AM

the quick reply box is ridiculously small
i cant see the images i post in it

#33 Tabris

Tabris

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:53 AM

^^^ Point, it's another waste of space having the box so small in a grey space that's almost double the width.

#34 PaperSt.

PaperSt.

superbored

• Pip
  • 698 posts
  • style:futuristic

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:48 PM

i know i could be endlessly entertained reading the endless number of love and affection threads on supertalk and in the trash but just letting you know that there is a now a
++++ Supertalk 3.9 Bugs Go Here ! ++++ thread on superofficial.. which is collating all the BUGS.... and going to make it a lot easier to troubleshoot and sort through rather than us having to troll.
http://www.superfutu....d.php?t=140119

thanks for flying superfuture. we hope you are enjoying the inflight entertainment and haven't thrown up yet.

Posted Image

ummmm... what?

I know there are some ladies reading the forum and Eric Glennie is getting a little sexy

#35 kiya

kiya

postwhore

• [+] ----*-*---- [+]
  • 11,809 posts
  • style:rough trade
  • attitude:hyper
  • talents:Yoyos, liquor, denim, rockabilly, vintage things, fast wheels, idm.

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:15 AM

the quick reply box is ridiculously small
i cant see the images i post in it

On Safari at least you can just drag open the window and make it as large as you want...
Self Edge SF / NY / LA > www.selfedge.com
Anti-Yo Worldwide > www.anti-yo.com

#36 tmadd

tmadd

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,553 posts
  • style:classic
  • attitude:cantankerous
  • talents:denim/bicycles/coffee/early tech & design
  • denim:size 34

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:00 AM

Wow....I'm especially enjoying the brand new super-feature in supercontrol that allows me to see all of my recently active subscribed threads but links me to dead end pages when I click on them.

It would be one thing to have to get used to a new, less appealing layout and design, but shit just not working right is really a drag. I hate to be just another member of the angry mob, but this is pretty bad. Let me say though that I do sincerely hope that this redesign eventually succeeds in making supertalk a better place than it was before.

Always a couple things for sale here: http://mkt.com/tyler-madden

#37 mr fluffernutter

mr fluffernutter

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,981 posts
  • wish i was in:heaven

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:05 AM

On Safari at least you can just drag open the window and make it as large as you want...

works in google chrome as well
HE SEEMS NICE PRETTY BLASÉ

#38 arem

arem

superbored

• Pip
  • 832 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:29 AM

Please fix the link colors so that pages you have already seen are clearly differentiated from pages you haven't. Right now that is pissing me off more than anything else about the update (now that the last page link is visible again).

#39 Scaught

Scaught

superbored

• Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:17 AM

They should really just revert to a default vBulletin installation and pay someone to do this correctly. Shit, I'll do it.

#40 emixam

emixam

superbored

• Pip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:11 AM

lets get back to Sufu 3.0....the new version is so ugly that I dont want to visit the site anymore....

#41 nuckabean

nuckabean

semibored

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:30 AM

where are the NY maps? They're all gone.

#42 selaviso

selaviso

superfreak

• PipPipPip
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:24 AM

best way to fix 4.0 is destroy it and bring back 3.0. wayne seriously... how much hate do you need in order to fix it? i know you are not happy with the end result... and do you even notice how many people DONT come on here anymore... it probably isnt a concern to you though. thanks for crap.

#43 __CB__

__CB__

superbored

• Pip
  • 729 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:19 PM

column switcheroo on the forums is a big improvment

#44 TransparentCranium

TransparentCranium

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 12:08 AM

putting the menu on the right is terrible. Now large pictures in threads overlap it. Just condense it into one line, make it skinnier, and put it back on the left.

#45 mr fluffernutter

mr fluffernutter

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,981 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 02:19 AM

column switcheroo on the forums is a big improvment

are you on drugs? this is like ANTI-USER-USABILITY

this is the worst website 'upgrade' in the history of 2008. it gets worse every day..

#46 Dick Danger

Dick Danger

superjunkie

• PipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • talents:It involves lube.

Posted 25 December 2008 - 04:09 AM

Having to F5 every time I want to see new posts is WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY old.

#47 Tabris

Tabris

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 04:14 AM

Sometimes I do.

Others I don't.

It's weird.

#48 Whodinihimself

Whodinihimself

superjunkie

• PipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  • style:none
  • attitude:none

Posted 25 December 2008 - 04:30 AM

How stupid do you have to be not to realize that they've already sold the adspace (the box on the right) ... The various sponsors have clearly made specific ads to fit in that adspace...so it's not going anywhere until their contracts are up or until they plan on renewing their contract....the only thing we can all do is refuse to click on the ads...and the only thing that the SuFu heads could could is suggest that their sponsors use a thinner format for that ad on the right.....we don't mind the new ad....just make it thinner!

YOU BUY IT, YOU BUY IT, YOU BUY IT >>> http://supertalk.sup...c/#entry2882862

#49 __CB__

__CB__

superbored

• Pip
  • 729 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 05:09 AM

are you on drugs? this is like ANTI-USER-USABILITY

this is the worst website 'upgrade' in the history of 2008. it gets worse every day..

there's nothing that important in the sidebar - the focus is now moreso on the main forum threads, which wasn't the case the other way around.

no sense bitching about the sidebar width, unless they decide to change ad sizes there in future.

#50 mr fluffernutter

mr fluffernutter

postwhore

• 10,981 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 06:50 AM

i disagree

i think on a well structured website you would have all navigation easily accessible (on the left, seeing as most of the sites users read and look at shit from left to right) and USEFUL (supergeotalkers?)

http://www.superfuture.com/superads2/www/delivery/ai.php?filename=graniph02_2.jpg

this is the most obnoxious and LARGE ad i've seen on legitimate site. especially for those on smaller monitors

#51 ThugLife

ThugLife

superbored

• Pip
  • 544 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 06:58 AM

Yea switch the box back on the left please.

the honeycombs have faded, how do i get it back???

#52 zelah

zelah

superbored

• Pip
  • 985 posts
  • talents:bikes

Posted 25 December 2008 - 07:59 AM

i'd love it if it was legible

#53 __CB__

__CB__

superbored

• Pip
  • 729 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 06:48 PM

that ad size is standard - the most commonly used across the web.

they could switch to one of these - http://m1.2mdn.net/1...x600_en_net.gif - but less advertisers produce creative in this size, which could mean losing out on ad $.

not saying there still isn't tons of shit wrong about the layout.

rather than switch that menu back to the left, they should move it below the main navigation menu at the top (it is sub-level navigation, after all). and put the footer information where it belongs (in the footer).

#54 Tabris

Tabris

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:18 PM

You know what would be nice.

To be able to access your PM inbox from the supertalk sidebar at any point, rather than being forced to go to your control panel before being able to access messages.

Or what would be nice is the ability to edit the links we have in the supertalk sidebar. I know one forum with a feature like that, and you can make your own links to whatever. It's infinitely useful.

#55 Whodinihimself

Whodinihimself

superjunkie

• PipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  • style:none
  • attitude:none

Posted 25 December 2008 - 09:08 PM

that ad size is standard - the most commonly used across the web.

they could switch to one of these - http://m1.2mdn.net/1...x600_en_net.gif - but less advertisers produce creative in this size, which could mean losing out on ad $.

not saying there still isn't tons of shit wrong about the layout.

rather than switch that menu back to the left, they should move it below the main navigation menu at the top (it is sub-level navigation, after all). and put the footer information where it belongs (in the footer).

That ad size might be the most commonly used (not sure if that's true or not) but it's also the most obtrusive ....... and how hard could it be to produce creative for a 200x800 pixel advertisments.....Although I'm sure the corporate sponsors would balk if it was suggested so early in the life of 4.0 .... but, if they want to reach the most people they should support the good of the forum and encourage traffic by making it easier to navigate and easier on the eyes ........
before anybody makes a suggestion on how to change the page layout, try to think about how it will directly affect the ads....because if it doesn't make the sponsors happy, it's not gonna change.........

YOU BUY IT, YOU BUY IT, YOU BUY IT >>> http://supertalk.sup...c/#entry2882862

#56 Mihalis

Mihalis

superbored

• Pip
  • 371 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:57 PM

this annoys the shit out of me...
the layout still takes up way too much horizontal space

and the fucking DOTS
http://dznr.org/nfcu

#57 Westbrook

Westbrook

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:44 PM

Ads or not, the primary purpose of a website is to cater to the needs of its visitors. If it doesn't do this, it fails.

I used to visit SF multiple times per day. I now visit maybe once a week, if that much. Is anyone else visiting much less since the redesign? It's almost unreadable.

#58 cuddlysheep

cuddlysheep

superfreak

• PipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:17 PM

all i know is im clicking more ,adjusting pages scrolling the mouse alot more than i should.im getting carpal tunnel. they should align eveyrything on one page! why do they got to hid the inbox. now i got to check supercontrol to see if someone pm'd.

#59 denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife

mr_o

• supermod
  • 10,042 posts
  • biography:lonely tylenol

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:59 PM

i would like to have a "latest posts button" that is clickable from supercontrol. i hate having to go from supercontrol to supertalk to hit latest posts. that would return the old future experience back imo.
destroyer of URLS reaper of soles

#60 artificialsky

artificialsky

superfreak

• PipPipPip
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:15 PM

i would like to have a "latest posts button" that is clickable from supercontrol. i hate having to go from supercontrol to supertalk to hit latest posts. that would return the old future experience back imo.

cosigned.

I would also like my title to be switched to "I win every thread I post in"