45rpm

absolut

Anyone with experience of Jomon raw re: shrinkage with soaking, washing, or machine drying? Thanks!

I doubt they would shrink all that much with a hot wash. My sorahiko's certainly didn't.

Got a few more pieces for sale there love children, a size 3 shirt and two size 4's:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/134022-45rpm-shirt-size-3/page__fromsearch__1

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/134061-45rpm-dash-organic-size-4-shirts-blue-white/page__fromsearch__1

• 2 weeks later...

15 months Suminando Sorahikos from Fall 2010 (or so I was told -- scroll back to posts from July 2011 to review the controversy lance and I went through to try to identify this pair and his pair)

45rpmside.jpg

45rpmbackpocket.jpg

Now I know there isn't much because these aren't my main daily pair of jeans but there is enough to illustrate the point of this post -- where's the fucking blue???

The distressed version they had in the store and in their advertised pics had the fading going from black to blue to white. There isn't a speck of blue here. All the parts of distress have the black turning to grey turning to white. The controversy continues...

Lance, do you have pics of your "Fujimon"? Anybody else out there have pics of their Suminando Sorahikos from 2010?

• 5 weeks later...

Thread needs a bump.

Still nothing "for sale" on the US website. Shit has been "coming soon" for three months now. The japan web store is pretty boring at the moment as well.

Summer '12 lookbook was pretty sick for women and once again kinda meh for men. What gives?

Carl were your Sorahikos raw? I'm a bit bemused by the Jomon raw sizing then. I bought tts 30" and the waist is 33"!

One wash. They usually stretch an inch or so and shrink back down to original size after a wash.

Also, thinking about getting rid of this size 3 shirt. Any interest? PM for a good price...

h9PcU.jpg

Edited by Carl

• 2 weeks later...

30 waist and 29 inseam. i have not worn them. i don't really know if they have been worn or not. i bought them a long time ago on ebay and i'm not sure if the previous owner had worn them. i do know that the last two buttons are difficult to fasten, the bottom being ridiculously difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

Decent quality sorahikos usually go for around $100 or so. I think those might go for less considering the small size and especially the small inseam.

On another note, it is true that the US web shop hasn't been updated. I'd recommend contacting either store with pics from the japanese site if you're interested in an item. Most things either were ordered or can be procured from japan for you, all for a price of course.

The even easier and cheaper way is just to use a proxy from the japanese site...

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys for helping :) . does sorahikos old series doesn't have offset beltloop like newer sorahikos? and one more question, why my sorahikos looks like black denim? but based from the tag, they said this product is dyed with indigo

45 rpm does make black sorahikos, which is why they may look that way. It depends. They could also just be a heavy dye, which will lighten over time. Some of the older jeans do not have the offset beltloop as you mention.

You can buy 45 rpm jeans at the 45 rpm shops. They're spread fairly well around the major japanese cities and of course concentrated in tokyo. Prices are definitely cheaper in Japan compared to the US. An English language shop list can be found here: http://www.45rpm.jp/shop/cms/contents.aspx?id=17&Language=English.

If possible, I'd recommend visiting the flagship in Aoyama. If you're going to shell out the money, you might as well have the full experience. They've got a cafe too which looks good.

thanks guys for helping :) . does sorahikos old series doesn't have offset beltloop like newer sorahikos? and one more question, why my sorahikos looks like black denim? but based from the tag, they said this product is dyed with indigo

agreed about the tag -- definitely points to older Sorahiko, but also another clue is the measurement. Newest 2 versions have been considerably slimmer than the older ones.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

^indeed...people just aren't putting the time in to break these toughies...my one regret while on my recent japan trip was not picking up a pair (been putting off the task for years until i went back bc of exchange rates etc. but ended up buying evisu's lol)