45rpm

absolut

^ How do you like the 10 1/2 oz lighter denim? Does it feel more like a pair of khakis than a pair of jeans? Woukd like to hear your opinion. I have the nando dyed Eastern shirt and had the seamstress remove the Jomon R; looks lots better. The nando dye is beautiful - the shirt is much slimmer than their usual cut.

^ How do you like the 10 1/2 oz lighter denim? Does it feel more like a pair of khakis than a pair of jeans? Woukd like to hear your opinion. I have the nando dyed Eastern shirt and had the seamstress remove the Jomon R; looks lots better. The nando dye is beautiful - the shirt is much slimmer than their usual cut.

The lightweight denim is awesome. I get really hot, really easily so having the lightweight denim makes a big difference. It definitely will feel weird for anyone used to the normal 14.5 ounce denim but it is a very welcome change. I went with the Umihiko one wash, as I already have denim similar to the Nando Nando version. That eastern shirt you are mentioning is great. I kinda liked the Jomon R as it made it more unusual, but having it off is probably the way to go.

Nice! Haven't been to the store in ages. Is it significantly different feeling/looking from the 2010 denim?

I find their normal Sorahiko cut a little too loose for my taste. I'd say the Umihiko fits in between the dark indigo dyed sorahiko from 2010 (the pair we have analyzed before, not sure formal name on them, which is the slimmest pair of 45rpms I've ever encountered) and their current sorahiko option. It tapers well below the knees and are just simply really comfortable.

• 2 weeks later...

they're well worn, looking really good^^

anyway, is the new 10oz denim just for the season or is it going to stay? I own both and as much as i love the comfort and breathability of the 10oz but i definitely prefer the 14oz for better durability over time...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...