Vancouver

monolith

been there a few times so ill give my 2cents..

if you are of chinese ethnicy or if you like chinese people then richmond would be a nice area to reside. if not, then stay away from this area lol.

other than that, if you want to stay close to some "chic" and kind of crowded spots.. try areas near yaletown or south granville.

1, good luck.

Guest Montreal

Vancouver is a huge city. What are you looking for exactly? Having lived there for 18 of my 20 years, I think I could be of some assistance but I really need some more information from you.

LMK dude.

I'm a graphic designer by trade so i want to be close to where all the industry is located is if is in one spot more that another.

And going out, eating out and good shopping are all important, so places that can incorporate these needs as well as being cheap would be perfect!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

SuperCassette is right about the Main Street area, but the neighbourhood itself isnt as safe for residence, imo. Check out www.blim.ca they are awesome art makers that have recently relocated to Main Street. They have cool events like print gocco and silkscreen workshops.

While you are there don't forget to stop by the section between 16th and 21st Ave. Hotspot of hip shops like Eugene Choo (and also for the interested ladies: Smoking Lily and Powder Room) and vintage like Front & Co.

I think something in Yaletown or the Kitsilano area (close to beach and W.Broadway) would be more enjoyable.

many thanks for that info..

i have decided to re-locate to vancouver for a number of reasons.. mainly to get out of the distractions in london. i spent some time there a few years back and in whistler, and fell in love with the city.

i am a multimedia graduate, but i dont work in the industry (work in online fraud investigations). i also dj (house), so am hoping to get a few residencies there as well as focus on recording an album. i aint too spent on earning loads of money, just to get some focus and out of the london trap.

any other suggestions or guidance is appreciated as i am going into this cold and am hoping things work out.

magnificunt

Quote:

many thanks for that info..

i have decided to re-locate to vancouver for a number of reasons.. mainly to get out of the distractions in london. i spent some time there a few years back and in whistler, and fell in love with the city.

i am a multimedia graduate, but i dont work in the industry (work in online fraud investigations). i also dj (house), so am hoping to get a few residencies there as well as focus on recording an album. i aint too spent on earning loads of money, just to get some focus and out of the london trap.

any other suggestions or guidance is appreciated as i am going into this cold and am hoping things work out.

--- Original message by gandalf on Feb 25, 2006 05:38 PM

you have a job lined up? because unless you hold a canadian passport you'll only be permitted to stay a max of 6 months as a "visitor".

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=5508

If Vancouver rent is too much for you, Burnaby is a really nice place to stay and the rents are usually alot cheaper. Areas like North Burnaby have tons of new condos going up-and you'd pay alot less than a newer condo in Vancouver. And with the skytrain now, it's REALLY easy/quick to get into Vancouver if you don't have a car.

Just stay away from the Metrotown/south burnaby area-it can get a bit shadier.

Yeah Burnaby has some good spots that are reasonably priced, another option is to check out renting part of a house, i.e. basement suite, top floor etc. You could check the Kitsilano (Kits) neighbourhood, Point Grey, as well as North and West Vancouver... All are out of Van, but within 20 min by transit.