Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

I love the OAXX fabric.

I've got quite a few jeans in my collection but I have to say that it's one of my favorites, hands down.

The only part of the jeans I'm worried about is the paper patch, after two initial hot washes I'm already seeing some cracking.

But that's just part of the process in wearing them in!

• 2 weeks later...

Those look fantastic!

I'm 99% sure I'm entering my OA02's into the DWC, I hope they come close to looking like that.

Also looking at Ooe's Instagram it looks like they'll be coming out with some jeans soon.

Those look fantastic!

I'm 99% sure I'm entering my OA02's into the DWC, I hope they come close to looking like that.

Also looking at Ooe's Instagram it looks like they'll be coming out with some jeans soon.

Pockets are looking WWII...Potentially the much awaited first pairs of the Yawara collab? 

Spoke too soon, they ARE cinch back! Potentially perfect timing for a certain contest as well, but now I'm conflicted...

EDIT: To clarify, they're making cinch backs in the near future, but the pair posted on Insta are indeed WWII

Edited by aho

I was holding out for some 47's myself, but yeah it might've just been a timeline / demand deal.

I'm sure whatever they're cooking up will be great!

All that being said, I'm already seeing some colors pop on my OA02's, only 12 wears.

1agY9br.jpg?1

lXWe6hY.jpg

li8q3ta.jpg

(P.S. I hate counting wears, just for DWC purposes...)

You know I don't have any experience with Boncoura but the OA fabric is some of my favorite that I own.

Just really fuzzy and fluffy, reminds me a bit of old school Levis fabric. And the construction / stitching is nearly perfect.

^ the outcome is also not my cup of tea. But how has a pair to look like to be worth 30,000 Yen (which OOE isn't charging anyways. it's less)?

I know a guy around here (crashtestbrummie) who wears Evisu No.1 which look quite similar to that pair above. And we all know how much Evisu is charging (above 30,000 Yen).

I think it's all subjective.

Personally, im not a fan of how samurai's fade over time. Looks to light for me  even to start. Then, I see unbranded 21oz fades that i absolutely love. To each their own.

^ the outcome is also not my cup of tea. But how has a pair to look like to be worth 30,000 Yen (which OOE isn't charging anyways. it's less)?

I know a guy around here (crashtestbrummie) who wears Evisu No.1 which look quite similar to that pair above. And we all know how much Evisu is charging (above 30,000 Yen).

It really is all subjective and dependent on one's own taste and preferences. Add to that the variation between pairs that even the same fabric can generate and it's all really just kind of pointless lol

This is also OAXX:

https://instagram.com/p/yTZoJuRDxP/

At the end of the day, we all wear what we wear and buy what we like for our own personal reasons. For me, the price is justified for Ooe because they are a two person brand, pay for their own fabric and materials to be produced (rivets, buttons, etc.), construct the jeans by hand themselves, have great attention to detail with authentic repro details, have clean construction (and high stitch count), and are all around great people that are doing what they do out of love and passion; I'd drop the cash easy any day to support that! The end product isn't flashy, or overtly attractive screaming "love me!" because it doesn't need to be. In my opinion, the quality, craft, knowledge of the overall process and modesty are what I like about their jeans, and having two faces to the product doesn't hurt either. The end result may be boring to some, but one really has to appreciate what goes into the process over all even if it isn't your thing!

Regarding the fabric, give me a few more months and I'll compare a faded OAXX to some 40's Levis, which as I've said before is probably one of the most accurate out there. One thing you can't get from pictures as well, is how damn comfortable the fabric actually is! Admittedly, I do get bored from time to time wearing the same Ooe's every day (same thing happened with the contest jeans) because of how subtle they are and how much they make you work for the end result; but I will say this, when I'm NOT wearing Ooe, it's immediately apparent, and I always come crawling back to my pair begging for forgiveness!  :D

It was more of a provoking question directed to Ed as it is obviously a personal thing and you can't hardly grade the value of a certain denim

Wasn't really directed at anyone, just explaining the reasoning behind my hyping Ooe!  :D

based on my limited experience with my pair, the denim is a fairly fast fading denim.  Also, there's a texture component that is not translating well in geL's pics.  The color, along with that texture make a really vintage inspired denim that is hard to capture in an image.   

oh nothing personal just my taste. im sure the constructions amazing. and all.  evisu no1 is already grail status for me meaning the brand the fabric ( inconsistent) already made it .