Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

Seems their international shop moved?

http://ooeyofukuten.ocnk.net

Also, I just spent the whole evening doing some "studying" of vintage Levi's, particularly 1947-51 to learn about the vintage pair I scored, and I have to say that the OA01XX is such a fine example of a perfect repro of this era...I think I finally "get" what they were aiming for, and the O.A.XX fabric is perfect for the era as well. Convinced myself to get a pair to wear for 2015 despite the YM Factory collabs (it'll likely be a while for the 1922 anyway) and the WH 1001s and TCB contest jeans I'm already wearing!

EDIT: Yup, just bought a pair! ;) Bless the exchange rate right now...

Edited by aho

I gave my OA02XX a lukewarm handwash yesterday after approx 3 weeks of wear. No fades to speak of, only the slightest signs of discoloration at the whiskers. I only wanted to refresh the denim a little bit as the denim at the crotch is showing abrasion.

While the denim was quite soft from the start, the fabric feels a lot denser now and got fluffier.

And another advantage of lighter denim, they dry faster (IMO)

these will go in the closet for a later date.  I have too many pairs plus the contest.  To be fair, this was a couple years in the making.  I was in awe since the SUFU Ooe contest and like Aho said, the exchange rate is favorable enough for me to invest at this time.  But still, fuck you all :)

these will go in the closet for a later date.  I have too many pairs plus the contest.  To be fair, this was a couple years in the making.  I was in awe since the SUFU Ooe contest and like Aho said, the exchange rate is favorable enough for me to invest at this time.  But still, fuck you all :)

i'm in the same boat and am about ready to pull the trigger on these; any cut/sizing advice?  going for something a bit similar to a sc47 in sz 32

Edited by ironheartfan123

Confirming aho:

01 cut is great - usually wear W32 - ordered W33 which is now too small, will have to replace it with a proper fitting W34 soon

02 and 03 cut in W34 fit right

Edited by Foxy2

Ya sure Ed?  If I was getting a pair, that's the size I'd go with, but I know you wear a smaller size than me, for example, in a jean like the Full Count 0105.  

Side note, does Ooe offer hemming, or are you stuck with a stock 36" inseam?  

Edited by setterman

Don't have 01 with me in Moscow at the moment, but...

02 and 03 are near to identical in the top block and differ only in hem opening and taper - 03 is smaller in the hem opening and tapered from the mid thighs down - 02 is almost straight.

Regarding 01 I have to point out that my pair is1 size smaller, but I seem to recall that I like this pair best because it felt slimmer and straighter than 02 and 03. Also, I think the top block was a bit tighter and shorter - more modern.

I wear size W32 in most other brands. I might have a 01 size W33 to get rid off if I decide to replace I with a size W34...

Edited by Foxy2

you sure Kaj, that the 03 (ww2-cut) has a smaller leg opening than the 02 (66-cut)?!

According to OOE's measurements the 03 has a 3,5 cm bigger leg opening than the 02 in size 36.

All in all, the 02 should be the slimmest of all 3 cuts as it is a 66 cut.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

^03 should have the widest leg opening but I've never owned a pair!

Speaking of which, my OA01XX's came in today...I still maintain this is my favorite 1947-51 repro and pretty spot on with all the details. SC1947's being another alternative! Measurements were spot on with the Ooe website (calling ed!) aside from the thigh measurements which were .5 inch off (13.5" instead of the 14" listed) similar to b_F's pair. I'll be throwing them in the wash over Christmas and will post updated measurements then (probably going to give them two or three washes with air dry to get out a good amount of shrinkage).

16083847765_f6d4436725_z.jpg

rounded hidden rivets:

16083132052_59c9b01d10_z.jpg

16081922631_47579b3b55_z.jpg

Love this pair...It'll be hard to focus on these between my TCB's and WH 1001's but I'm in it to win it (TCB Contest!)

^I'll try to get some up eventually but it'll be probably a week or two minimum...

Regarding the 01 vs 02 cut, it really depends on what you're looking for. Something more straight leg (01), something slimmer (02) but you can't go wrong either way. 

I've always thought the 02 cut was supposed to be a "1966" type pair what with the paper patch and all, but with the release of the OA02XX, the hidden rivets, V-stitch etc. kept throwing me off. Then I realized, it might very well be an early 60's pair that they based it off of:

http://www.marvins-jp.com/denimpants/dp-1322-(418)/dp-1322.htm

Mindblown...I'll have to ask them!

Edited by aho

I've always been a bit thrown off by the details on the OA02 as well, but looks like you may be right.

I've leaned towards the 02 for awhile, considering the measurements remind me of my 710OG's (which I love fit wise).

Also it looks like my decision should be easier, considering they're sold out of the OA01 in my size!